Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ever tried the Huawei E180 and E220 in my pad.
E180 can't be detected, and cause the system "freeze" until you remove it.
Tablet can find E220 and show in the information bar, but add new APN setting don't work.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Tablet can find E220 and show in the information bar, but add new APN setting don't work.
Have you deactivated the autorun from the E220 dongle?

·
Registered
29 Posts
As far as I know ZT-180 also supports other HUAWEi modems, for example I use my e172.. and I'll be testing it asap (when I get my tablet)

For tethering wifi connection I personally use wifi tether.. isn't it supported by your eris?
Far as I know it does not verizon wants a 20 dollar extra charge just to use tether on supported phones this was shady marketing tactic they sold me on the wifi hotspot for upgrade , not now im happy with my phone not going to pay 50 month extra for data at 4gig month max and I have unlimited now with my eris is not tether supported via wifi no extra charge the way it should be I do not use it much anyways so extra charge is crazy it will be bad move for verizon new pricing here in the IS starts well now july 7th lol many un happy customers soon.Temporary possibly but free time being for now it works with PDANET through usb fine on labtop just cannot get connection with this tablet, ATP says to use ad-hoc through 3g modem tether somehow that way confusing to me at this point i will keep researching but at this point seems no one has confirmed 3g usb dongle is working in this tablet and if it is what it the best one, does that mean rooting not sure maybe take some time watch what others come up with. Funny to me I researched this read about the processor etc but had no idea it was this new. Never the less this adds some challenge to this and I hope I can add to making this device best it can be.

If there is 3g dongle that works for sure please inform

fp

·
Registered
618 Posts
Far as I know it does not verizon wants a 20 dollar extra charge just to use tether on supported phones this was shady marketing tactic they sold me on the wifi hotspot for upgrade , not now im happy with my phone not going to pay 50 month extra for data at 4gig month max and I have unlimited now with my eris is not tether supported via wifi no extra charge the way it should be I do not use it much anyways so extra charge is crazy it will be bad move for verizon new pricing here in the IS starts well now july 7th lol many un happy customers soon.Temporary possibly but free time being for now it works with PDANET through usb fine on labtop just cannot get connection with this tablet, ATP says to use ad-hoc through 3g modem tether somehow that way confusing to me at this point i will keep researching but at this point seems no one has confirmed 3g usb dongle is working in this tablet and if it is what it the best one, does that mean rooting not sure maybe take some time watch what others come up with. Funny to me I researched this read about the processor etc but had no idea it was this new. Never the less this adds some challenge to this and I hope I can add to making this device best it can be.

If there is 3g dongle that works for sure please inform

fp
As already posted yesterday, my e172 huawei dongle works just perfect!! As for tethering ATP means that you can connect the tablet via dongle and than use it as a wifi hotspot with it's built in feature.
Anyway for you maybe it's more interesting to use the same feature on the eris.. On this tablet is built i, but there are a lot of apps in the market to do it, you just need 2.2 and root access for it to work! tw_e98_user already posted you the link for doing this on this post so please refer to those guides, and ask if you have any further doubt

·
Registered
615 Posts
you can upload your logcat& and logcat -b radio &

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Very Good news! what firmware your ZT 280?

·
Registered
66 Posts
As already posted yesterday, my e172 huawei dongle works just perfect!! As for tethering ATP means that you can connect the tablet via dongle and than use it as a wifi hotspot with it's built in feature.
Anyway for you maybe it's more interesting to use the same feature on the eris.. On this tablet is built i, but there are a lot of apps in the market to do it, you just need 2.2 and root access for it to work! tw_e98_user already posted you the link for doing this on this post so please refer to those guides, and ask if you have any further doubt
gianluca.tomat

Good News! Then E172 Huawei work perfect in ZT 280? correct? But it has to do something? or just plug and ready?

What your firmware?

·
Registered
618 Posts
gianluca.tomat

Good News! Then E172 Huawei work perfect in ZT 280? correct? But it has to do something? or just plug and ready?

What your firmware?
I just deactivated the autorun.. for the rest <i did nothing more!! I updated to 0701 even if I always see 0627 on settings..

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I just deactivated the autorun.. for the rest <i did nothing more!! I updated to 0701 even if I always see 0627 on settings..
Hmmm, are you sure it updated then?

I just looked at the build.prop on the 0701 ROM and it says ro.build.display.id=-eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root.20110701.090420 test-keys, so you should see 0701 in settings....

Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmm, are you sure it updated then?

I just looked at the build.prop on the 0701 ROM and it says ro.build.display.id=-eng AOSP OPENMASTER eng.root.20110701.090420 test-keys, so you should see 0701 in settings....

Or am I wrong?
I thought you said you dont have a E98 or did I get that wrong?

·
Zenithink Tablet User / Information Transmitter
6,629 Posts
I thought you said you dont have a E98 or did I get that wrong?
I don't own one, I just downloaded the ROM to take a look at the files, see if anything there could be useful on my ZT-180's....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks!!! But your ZT 280 is with F or non F?

My is non F with firmware available site factory 0701. I disable autorun my modem ZTE MF100 but connect nothing

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok thanks, Yes I must have missed that dongle post. My goal was to find a similar way to the way it connects on my laptop, not something I need very often but I will work at it so when I do I have the option.

FP

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ok thanks, Yes I must have missed that dongle post. My goal was to find a similar way to the way it connects on my laptop, not something I need very often but I will work at it so when I do I have the option.

FP
I did not explain my situation correctly I guess or I am still not getting it, The huawei e172 supports sim cards my network uses CDMA (verizon) no sim card in my phone. Does this work another way than described, from manufactures website it does not state is supports CDMA! This may be something that will take some time to figure out I am just curious if I am missing something I am new at tablets?

FP

·
Registered
618 Posts
I can not really help you further on this unfortunately since in italy we don't have cdma technology, only normal 3G through normal sim cards.. I hope someone can help you further...

·
Registered
615 Posts
F or no F is same in 3G part.

first make sure it can dial up in computer. then select the mode(wcdma/cdma2000) in pad(maybe need restart when set),input account. It will display signal when connect.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts