Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys, in case any of you is looking for some games but not sure which will work with your Wopad I7,
here is the list of working 3D games I found so far

1. Air Attack (v 1.2 or all?)
2. Air Attack Part 2 (v 1.2 or all?)
3. Angry Bots (v 1.1)
4. Armageddon Squadron (v 1.0.8 -Main menu selection border misplaced but the game works perfectly)
5. Asphalt 5 (v 3.0.7)
6. *Asphalt 6 (v 3.1.9)
7. Assassin's Creed (v 1.0.2; v 3.4.3 also work with screen shifted)
8. Avatar (v 1.0.1; v 3.2.7 also work with screen shifted)
9. Beaver's Revenge (v 1.02)
10. Brother in Arms 2 (v 1.0.1 - not a 3D acccelerated game?)
11. Chess: Battle of Elements (v 1.0.1 or all?)
12. Crusade of Destiny (v 1.5.4 or all?)
13. Demolition 3D (v 1.2)
14. Duke Nukem 3D (v 1.0.6 or all? -- Machinework Northwest)
15. Dungeon Hunter (v 1.0.2; v 3.4.7 and almost all 3.x.x also work with screen shifted)
16. Ethernal Legacy (v 1.0.0)
17. Further Beyond Fighting (v 1.0.2 - playable but slow)
18. Fruit Ninja (v 1.5.2 and all? -- Tegra version refuses to run)
19. Guerilla Bob (v 1.2 or all? Tegra version not tested but it works on my Froyo TV Box that use PowerVR GPU)
20. GT Racing (v 3.1.1 -worked so far but now mysteriously crash to desktop on start; or I installed too many games?)
21. Heavy Gunner (v 1.0.1 or all?)
22. *Hero of Sparta (v 3.2.1, 3.2.6, 3.3.0; not work with 1.0 & 3.3.9; tested 3.1.2, 3.2.7, should work but I forgot the result, sorry)
23. Iron Wars (v 1.0.2 or all?)
24. Jet Car Stunts (v 1.0.5 or all?)
25. Krazy Kart Racing (v 1.2.7 or all?)
26. Kwakk 3 (1.0 or all?)
27. Need for Speed Shift (1.0.63)
28. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (v 1.0.1)
29. Quake Platinum (v 1.0.6 or all?)
30. Raging Thunder (v 1.0.7 or all?)
31. Raging Thunder 2 (v 1.0.0)
32. Real Football 2011 (v 3.1.2 -very long load)
33. Samurai II Vengeance (v 1.0)
34. Skies of Glory (v 1.0.1)
35. *Ultimate Spider-man Total Mayhem (v 3.2.6)
36. Star Front: Collision (v 1.0.6)
37. ToonWarz (v 1.0.7 or all?)
38. Wave Blazer (v 1.0.5 or all?)
39. Extreme Formula (v 1.0.3 or all?)

* These Gameloft's games work with both original Wopad I7 firmware and a custom one but with two issues -- the game movies are black out with only sound plays and the game screen seems to shifted to the left (maybe 27 pixels? ); Hero of Sparta game screen seems to expanded beyond the actual screen (54/2 pixels to the left and right?) --actual Wopad I7 screen resolution is 800x480, but these games seem to me behave like they run on 854x480 screen. On my Cube U9GT which use the same CPU/GPU to I7 but with 800x600 screen, these games run perfectly with their 800x480 framework, leaving 60 screen lines on the top and bottom blank (black).

UPDATE

Added 11/23/2011
need for speed hot pursuit v1.0.47
modern combat 2 black pegasus v3.3.0
rainbow six 1.0.6
modern combat sandstorm v3.4.2
shadow gun v1.0.2 low no tegra nops version
splinter cell conviction v3.2.0
dungeon defenders second wave v6.9 (running slow)
gangstar west coast v3.09
These Games did work when I use original firmware but after flashing a custom one, not work any more.

1. Shrek Kart Racing (crash to desktop)
2. Homerun Battle 3D (with my custom firmware, it refuses to run due to "unstable platform" !?!)

These are games that I cannot get to work yet (with many tries)
- Backstab HD (open movie plays then crash to desktop)
- Demon Hunter (this game works with U9GT)
- Contract Killer (works with U9GT, should run fine on i7 but actually never fill its screen)
- Eternity warrior (never work with any of my RK2918+Vivante GC800 or SPV210+PowerVR-SGX540 machines)
- Gun Bros. (alwaws fail to download additional data -- connection failure)
- NFS Hot Pursuit (tried ARM11 version, Adreno version and Xperia version, all runs with white out textures)
- Sacred Odyssey (game runs with white out textures)
- Riptide GP (need Tegra to run)
- Real Steel HD
- Sentinel 3 (runs but not playable --top layer gfx (semi-transparent fog) override ground gfx)

And these are interesting non 3d accelerated games that work:-

1. Angry Birds (v 1.6.1 and all, 1.0? pre-installed)
2. Angry Birds Rio (v 1.2.2 and all)
3. Angry Birds Seasons (v 1.5.1 and all)
4. Backgammon Free (v 1.5.4)
5. Chess Game (v 1.0.2)
6. Cyberlords - Arcology (v 1.0.0 or all?)
7. Dink Smallwood HD (v 1.4.5)
8. Find Differences (v 1.0.2)
9. Myth Defense (v 1.0.0)
10. Robo Defense (v 2.0.8 or all?)
11. Zenonia 3 (v 1.0.5)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Thanks. Very good game list you created. I have a couple of questions.

For games #1 to #38. Did you download those off the Market? Or did you download the Galaxy S2 (Mali-400) versions of these games from somewhere else?

Does your custom firmware mean custom build.prop? What device fingerprint are you using? Did you also change the device type.

Have you tried my custom build.prop to make the i7 look like Galaxy S2 phone? Or a build.prop to make the i7 appear as U9GT? My SGS2 build.prop can be found below.
http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/23549-certain-3d-games-not-working/page__view__findpost__p__259469

By getting the tablet to look like Galaxy S2 you should be able to download Mali-400 versions of games which should play good on GC800 GPU too. Gun Bros, Eternity Warriors and Star Blitz work for me using my SGS2 build.prop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for reply.

Answer #1: Mostly, nope; sorry, most games in the list don't even show off the Market, especially all Gameloft's games, so only few really paid games were included here. For all Gameloft's and some paid games that don't show in the Market, I just download form mostly Megaupload and Rapidshare and can't find a way to pay for; also those free games that don't show are from there.

Answer #2: Pardon me for forgetting to mention the firmware information,

it seems to mimic Motorola Droid 2? (Just noticed) This is not my intention, I just want a rooted f/w, not to mimic any other tablet, nevertheless this one doesn't contain any special decoration or Droid 2 look so I'm satisfied.
BTW, I downloaded it form here http://topnotchtablets.com/Wopadi7-Firmware.

Answer #3: After I read your reply, I use your build.prop to flash my I7. Actual Droid 2 screen has 854x480 pixels while I7 has 800x480, This should be the cause of game screen shifting like this

Strangely, even I use your build.prop, the screen shift problem persists. This indicate that beside build.prop, some game still need correct device framework size info. to correctly initiate the screen's resolution, Do you have any further idea how to solve this?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
For #2, Roman used Droid2 to show more apps & games in the market. From my testing, programs are filtered depending on Android version and device. ie, later Android OS for devices seem to have the most accurate and biggest market showing for them. Ver. 2.3.1 for SGS2 has wrong (for PowerVR GPUs) or missing apps compared to Ver. 2.3.5 for SGS2.

Mimic Droid2 is bad choice for games though because it uses PowerVR 530 GPU. Games, usually from Gameloft, use particular compression format for certain GPUs and so will not work. With Droid2 fingerprint you end up getting some games that only support PVRTC which is only found on PowerVR GPUs. ETC1 works on all mobile GPUs but is the worst compression method of them all.

http://developer.motorola.com/docstools/library/understanding-texture-compression/

I actually made this tablet mimic a SGS2 because that uses Mali-400 GPU and does not use any specific texture compression other than ETC which is part of OpenGL ES spec.

Gun Bros, E. Warriors, Star Blitz will now show correct version in Market and work on the i7. Games with white, missing or messed up textures is because you are getting version made for some other GPU like PowerVR. ie, game is using an incompatible texture compression format on some of the graphics so looks messed up when you play it.

EDIT: normal workarounds would be A] to use game version that supports ETC or B] using Chainfire3D but Chainfire3D cannot be installed on i7 because compressed system folder does not allow adding programs to it after being flashed to tablet. So, only option A] works on the i7.

For #3. I have not noticed this myself but I need to tryout the problem games you list to see what happens.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, being Droid 2 is not really good for I7, like you said, it makes many apps (especially 3D games) showed up in the market unapplicable/unplayable in vein despite the possibility of running fine when version is correct.

As for screen shift problem, your post ping me an idea about game's fixed framework size and actual tablet screen resolution so last night I did an experiment (to tell the truth, it's just boring search/download/uninstall/re-install routine) and found that if I use a correct version of each Gameloft's game, some of them might work with I7 with correct screen size.

These are some Gameloft's games I found so far last night not to slip off screen boundary:-

1.Assassin's Creed (v 1.0.2 -- but game timing is bad, slow to unplayable, strangely happen only in player's control and not on cutscenes)
2.Avatar (v 1.0.1)
3.Dungeon Hunter (v 1.0.2)
4.NOVA (v 4.0.5 - this one should be added to the big list -- I never got it work before)

and Captain America v 1.0 (not from Gameloft --added to big list now)

And these are Gameloft's games that don't work with 800x480 version but work with 854x480(shifted screen) version instead.

1.Asphalt 6
2.GT Racing
3.Hero of Sparta v 1.0.3
4.Spiderman

And these are games (newly tested last night but) not yet found working on I7

1.Backstab v 1.0.4
2.Let's Golf 2 v 3.1.6
3.NOVA 2
4.Gun Bros v 2.3.0

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Gun Bros should work. I play it on the Wopad i7 lots. I have 2.4.0. Also, I can tell you are testing with backup version which will not work because you have wrong one. Your Gun Bros version is made for other GPU like PowerVR.

Make sure for non-working games that you install my build.prop (firmware flash). It will show device as GT-I9100 (SGS2 phone). Do not use any backup for non-working games or make sure to uninstall them. Instead download and install from Market. That will download the *right* (Mali-400) game version for you.

Also, Let's Golf 3 works with perfect graphics on i7 but found it to run very sluggish. So, Let's Golf 2 should work also if you can download and install the Mali-400 version.

I will try to get Asphalt 6 to confirm the shifting issue. I am curious about this. Later,

PS, I say Mali-400 version but I really mean OpenGL ES version which uses ETC texture compression. =)

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I removed Let's Golf 3 from the i7 because was running too sluggish for this tablet. I ended up installing Let's Golf 2 and that worked for me. I played a couple of courses. This game played very good but not perfect and looks very well done.

I noticed on SpiderMan & Let's Golf 2 that they were shifted to the left. It could be because not using original versions so not really sure. Maybe some of the "cracked" versions of the games shift to the left? Only way to know for sure is to get the real versions direct from Gameloft.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know Gun Bros. could run, just can't find correct APK, all version I have now starts but always fail downloading its additional data at 1st file (I use WIFI and checked to work).

Yep, I use your build.prop so far after I read your post#2. Too bad, I'm not experienced any difference yet because most games that don't work were already hacked and don't check device footprint (so they behave the same no matter which build.prop was used, I think the problems are mostly caused by hardware vs. game version conflicts), BTW I know your build.prop works with truly paid games so I decided to use it all along as you suggest.

And yes, there must be a version that works and not shift the screen, at least you're luckier than me, I don't find Golf 2 APK that works for mine yet (mind if I ask version no.?).

No doubt the shift problem happen to DROID 2& vice versa version of the games, if you running into it, I say you have those version that is 854x480 compatible. I just got my ordered Haipad M7(same to Herotab C8) yesterday and tried the shifted versions of spiderman & Avatar with it, guess what, both doesn't run. Conclude from my experiments so far with Wopad I7, Cube U9GT, Aishuo M816, Haipad M7 and Viewsonic Viewpad 10s (bought for my mom): (I'mnot an android geek, so this may not all correct)

1.Rockchip+Vivante GC800 tablet seems to try solving game framework size incompatibility (only for those game that requirement is proxy, my case is MDPI range -- 800x600/854x480/800/480) by adjusting top-left pixel location -- My Cube U9GT solve this problem most nicely (can it resize actually incompatible framework to fit its screen?). And incorrect-size in-game videos (my case is .MP4) were played as blank screen with sound; on Cube U9GT the video plays perfectly.

2.Tegra and Samsung SPV210+PVR SGX540 tablets are likely to crash when game require incompatible framework size. Mp4 in-game video with incompatible size won't play at all (this was not tried on Tegra yet).

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
You do not need to find APK for Gun Bros. My build.prop will get the right Gun Bros version off of Market for you. =)
You just load Market, search for Gun Bros and install it. Try that out and if data does not download then either problem with your Internet in your country or previous Gun Bros data is corrupted (find on TF card & delete it).

The reason I made the i7 tablet appear as SGS2 (GT-I9100) is to only get OpenGL ES compatible games from Market and to avoid downloading PowerVR versions of games. =) Roman's Droid2 mod may show more games but many of those games will only work on tablets with PowerVR GPU. Droid2 uses PowerVR 530 GPU.

My build.prop will only help choose the OpenGL ES versions of the games from Market. Almost every game you download off Market should now work on the i7.

Let's Golf 2 version I use is 1.0.2.

Ok, thanks for looking into the game shifting to the left. Could be because not using original versions from Gameloft? Cracking may have affected certain games? Or maybe they use little higher resolution like you say? Until you or someone else tests out the non-cracked versions from Market/Gameloft it will be hard to know what is going on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, in case any of you is looking for some games but not sure which will work with your Wopad I7,
here is the list of working 3D games I found so far

1. Air Attack (v 1.2 or all?)
2. Air Attack Part 2 (v 1.2 or all?)
3. Angry Bots (v 1.1)
4. Armageddon Squadron (v 1.0.8 -Main menu selection border misplaced but the game works perfectly)
5. Asphalt 5 (v 3.0.7)
6. *Asphalt 6 (v 3.1.9)
7. *Assassin's Creed (v 3.4.3)
8. *Avatar (v 3.2.7)
9. Beaver's Revenge (v 1.02)
10. Brother in Arms 2 (v 1.0.1 - not a 3D acccelerated game?)
11. Chess: Battle of Elements (v 1.0.1 or all?)
12. Crusade of Destiny (v 1.5.4 or all?)
13. Demolition 3D (v 1.2)
14. Duke Nukem 3D (v 1.0.6 or all? -- Machinework Northwest)
15. *Dungeon Hunter (v 3.4.7 and almost all 3.x.x)
16. Ethernal Legacy (v 1.0.0)
17. Further Beyond Fighting (v 1.0.2 - playable but slow)
18. Fruit Ninja (v 1.5.2 and all? -- Tegra version refuses to run)
19. Guerilla Bob (v 1.2 or all? Tegra version not tested but it works on my Froyo TV Box that use PowerVR GPU)
20. GT Racing (v 3.1.1 -worked so far but now mysteriously crash to desktop on start; or I installed too many games?)
21. Heavy Gunner (v 1.0.1 or all?)
22. *Hero of Sparta (v 3.2.1, 3.2.6, 3.3.0; not work with 1.0 & 3.3.9; tested 3.1.2, 3.2.7, should work but I forgot the result, sorry)
23. Iron Wars (v 1.0.2 or all?)
24. Jet Car Stunts (v 1.0.5 or all?)
25. Krazy Kart Racing (v 1.2.7 or all?)
26. Kwakk 3 (1.0 or all?)
27. Need for Speed Shift (1.0.63)
28. Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (v 1.0.1)
29. Quake Platinum (v 1.0.6 or all?)
30. Raging Thunder (v 1.0.7 or all?)
31. Raging Thunder 2 (v 1.0.0)
32. Real Football 2011 (v 3.1.2 -very long load)
33. Samurai II Vengeance (v 1.0)
34. Skies of Glory (v 1.0.1)
35. *Ultimate Spider-man Total Mayhem (v 3.2.6)
36. Star Front: Collision (v 1.0.6)
37. ToonWarz (v 1.0.7 or all?)
38. Wave Blazer (v 1.0.5 or all?)
39. Extreme Formula (v 1.0.3 or all?)
40. NOVA (v 4.0.5)
41. Captain America (v 1.0)

* These Gameloft's games work with both original Wopad I7 firmware and a custom one but with two issues -- the game movies are black out with only sound plays and the game screen seems to shifted to the left (maybe 27 pixels? ); Hero of Sparta game screen seems to expanded beyond the actual screen (54/2 pixels to the left and right?) --actual Wopad I7 screen resolution is 800x480, but these games seem to me behave like they run on 854x480 screen. On my Cube U9GT which use the same CPU/GPU to I7 but with 800x600 screen, these games run perfectly with their 800x480 framework, leaving 60 screen lines on the top and bottom blank (black).

These Games did work when I use original firmware but after flashing a custom one, not work any more.

42. Shrek Kart Racing (crash to desktop)
43. Homerun Battle 3D (with my custom firmware, it refuses to run due to "unstable platform" !?!)

These are games that I cannot get to work yet (with many tries)
- Backstab HD (open movie plays then crash to desktop)
- Demon Hunter (this game works with U9GT)
- Contract Killer (works with U9GT, should run fine on i7 but actually never fill its screen)
- Eternity warrior (never work with any of my RK2918+Vivante GC800 or SPV210+PowerVR-SGX540 machines)
- Gun Bros. (alwaws fail to download additional data -- connection failure)
- NFS Hot Pursuit (tried ARM11 version, Adreno version and Xperia version, all runs with white out textures)
- Sacred Odyssey (game runs with white out textures)
- Riptide GP (need Tegra to run)
- Real Steel HD
- Sentinel 3 (runs but not playable --top layer gfx (semi-transparent fog) override ground gfx)

And these are interesting non 3d accelerated games that work:-

1. Angry Birds (v 1.6.1 and all, 1.0? pre-installed)
2. Angry Birds Rio (v 1.2.2 and all)
3. Angry Birds Seasons (v 1.5.1 and all)
4. Backgammon Free (v 1.5.4)
5. Chess Game (v 1.0.2)
6. Cyberlords - Arcology (v 1.0.0 or all?)
7. Dink Smallwood HD (v 1.4.5)
8. Find Differences (v 1.0.2)
9. Myth Defense (v 1.0.0)
10. Robo Defense (v 2.0.8 or all?)
11. Zenonia 3 (v 1.0.5)
I have tried this versions of games on my wopad i7 rooted and work

rainbow six 1.0.6

and i've tried to install version of shadow guardian but no succes

i have a question how to flash firmware with other build prop how to unpack then pack again?
thanks

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
i have a question how to flash firmware with other build prop how to unpack then pack again?
thanks
Get RK2918 tools from Roman's site.
http://topnotchtablets.com/Wopadi7-Firmware

You also need firmware for the Wopad i7. Either Roman's modified one or stock one.

In the tools zip, Roman provides multiple readmes to show you how to change the firmware or flash it. To change. You want system.img. Copy it to firmwarekit_easy. You run a program that unpacks it. You replace or edit your build.prop and remove or add APKs. You run the same program to repack to system_new.img. You replace system.img with system_new.img and flash the firmware to i7.

You will lose all your installed applications & games. First time I used "App Backup & Restore" but it only listed couple of apps in Market after restoring. That app does not store any data. Almost all my apps did not show up in Market because Market data was not stored. Great idea to find and copy Market data to SD card when using this app to backup and then copy Market data back after restore.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gun Bros. : forgot to mention exact problem, the game runs but can't load its downloadable content, always fall back from download attempt, may be wrong or wrongly cracked version.

I have tried this versions of games on my wopad i7 rooted and work

rainbow six 1.0.6

and i've tried to install version of shadow guardian but no succes
Thanks for addition. I'm actually finding a version of Shadow gun and NFS HP that work, the games are really interesting.
And good to know R6, MC1, MC2, SC and Gangster works.

For Shadow guardian, me too, can't get to work (crash to desktop after Gameloft splash on every versions), BTW this game works on my Haipad M7.

·
Registered
4 Posts
tested more games working

modern combat 3
eternity warriors 1.4.0
sacred odyssey 1.0.2
alert terrorist 1.5.2
alien rescue ep.1 1.4.3
angry piggy 1.1.1
aporkalypse pigs of doom 1.1.0
assaulter 1.04.00