Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been looking for it, too. I made a product request on DealExtreme, maybe they can get it from one of their providers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Probably EKEN doesnt even know DX sells that tablet... you are asking wrong person.what about a quote at Alibaba to sellers of that tablet and such?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've seen tablet sellers on ebay, where this unit is bundled up up with the tablet.Question is: will it work only with eken? Do you need any drivers?

·
Registered
40 Posts
[quote name='Mr ILIA;12128]I've seen tablet sellers on ebay' date=' where this unit is bundled up up with the tablet.Question is: will it work only with eken? Do you need any drivers?[/QUOTE'] Well... It's just an USB hub. There is no need for drivers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mr ILIA;12501 said:
I checked ebay yesterday and could not find a USB hub with 30 pin connector.
From what I've searched before, it's not sold standalone. Just packed with the tablet.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just built a USB host cable tonight from the standard Eken cable (slave USB). Then hooked that up to a standard 4 way USB hub (powered) and connected a keyboard, mouse and a thumbdrive. No problems. Just this minute added a portable 80 gig hard drive. That also works, all4 together. Note: if you formatted any drives as non FAT32, they will show up as empty, took a moment to figure out why the thumb drive contents weren't available. It was formatted EXT2.Also took short time to figure out where the drive folder is mounted. it's in /udisk.Keyboard suffers from some keybounce -- the only problem I see so far. Also just figured out why the supplied Eken iPod/iPhone type USB cable seems flakey to some people on the Eken. But that merits a seperate thread so everybody can find it. Opening that now.

·
Registered
100 Posts
[quote name='Mr ILIA;13920]Does "Apple" kind 30 pin connector has a name? Like USB' date=' RCA, S-video etc...[/QUOTE'] Not really, but "iPod Connector" is probably as close as you can get.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well my theory is that the Chinese use a IC like this one:
LAN951xIndustry's First Single-Chip, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Hub and High-Performance 10/100 Ethernet Controllers
Its made by SMSC http://www.smsc.com/index.php?tid=294&pid=135ASIX makes one too...Kinda cheap for one, VERY cheap if they buy millions at a time....So who wants to strap a set on and make a prototype?? LOLI was toying with the idea, even started making a schematic ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
[quote name='vtpad;12747]Just built a USB host cable tonight from the standard Eken cable (slave USB). Then hooked that up to a standard 4 way USB hub (powered) and connected a keyboard' date=' mouse and a thumbdrive. No problems. Just this minute added a portable 80 gig hard drive. That also works, all4 together. Note: if you formatted any drives as non FAT32, they will show up as empty, took a moment to figure out why the thumb drive contents weren't available. It was formatted EXT2.Also took short time to figure out where the drive folder is mounted. it's in /udisk.Keyboard suffers from some keybounce -- the only problem I see so far. Also just figured out why the supplied Eken iPod/iPhone type USB cable seems flakey to some people on the Eken. But that merits a seperate thread so everybody can find it. Opening that now.[/QUOTE'] Hello,could you please provide a more detailled instruction list how to make/generate this USB host cable from the EKEN cable? Is it easy?Thanks in advance,Peter

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't find any instructions anywhere to do any modifications with the ipad 30 pin port.Does anyone know where to find the pin outs for the eken port?cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
This thread seems to have been pieced together resulting from a system crash(?). To recap, the Eken cable (ipod type USB) can be exploited by opening the connector then just moving the pins around as shown by the pinout picture - no soldering required? This is really cool, you can then just get the female to female USB at monoprice for a couple of bucks and plug your kb, mouse, storage from what I gather.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts