Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here is a flashable ROM I put together - flash it in cmw 6.x. You don't have to format /system - that's taken care of in the installer script. You probably do have to wipe data but try without that. If you get problems, wipe data and try again.

https://www.box.com/s/6ed4h80iapjzne8qlmd2

I won't call it a "ROM" because all it is is my own custom deletions and additions to the stock 2012 ie latest ROM.

• Apex launcher
  • Hackers keyboard
  • Lightning browser
  • loads of bloat deleted
  • doctored market app
  • android 4.2 keyboard with swipe
  • fx file browser with root access

Fair bit more. Sorry, that's all the stuff I like. You can easily delete apps from system/app those you want to zap.

Let me know if the download link does not work.

Get the latest gmail with pinch or double-tap to zoom from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1934081

Just download and tap to install from within fx file explorer.

I also have a nandroid backup of the whole shebang, but lack somewhere to host it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Here is a flashable ROM I put together - flash it in cmw 6.x. You don't have to format /system - that's taken care of in the installer script. You probably do have to wipe data but try without that. If you get problems, wipe data and try again.

https://www.box.com/s/6ed4h80iapjzne8qlmd2

I won't call it a "ROM" because all it is is my own custom deletions and additions to the stock 2012 ie latest ROM.

• Apex launcher
  • Hackers keyboard
  • Lightning browser
  • loads of bloat deleted
  • doctored market app
  • android 4.2 keyboard with swipe
  • fx file browser with root access

Fair bit more. Sorry, that's all the stuff I like. You can easily delete apps from system/app those you want to zap.

Let me know if the download link does not work.

Get the latest gmail with pinch or double-tap to zoom from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1934081

Just download and tap to install from within fx file explorer.

I also have a nandroid backup of the whole shebang, but lack somewhere to host it.
NIce job. Personal preference but for me:

es file explorer > fx file explorer (all paid fx explorer features are free in es file explorer)
naked browser > lightning browser (smaller, faster etc....already has unlimited tabs)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW, I compared in detail every file in /system with dark water and generic. Except for 3 files in /framework, all the files are identical except for dates. So my ROM is no different from dark water except for the various included or excluded apps.

Has anyone tried the CM10 ROM? I couldn't get it to boot.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A board member has generously provided hosting space so it's busy uploading. That is a full nandroid backup of a fresh setup, containing a data folder but with no user data. So if you go into cmw 6.x, choose to restore that.

When complete and you have it downloaded, make a new folder inside /cwm/backup/2012rom (for example) and unzip the contents of the ROM to the new folder.

Rough steps:

1. Reboot into cwm recovery.
2. Make backup of your current setup.
3. Now select restore and choose the 2012rom nandroid backup where you saved it.
4. You could optionally then select advance restore and restore data from your backup just made.

Please let us all know how it goes, if there are any problems.

One problem I have just found, is the screenshot does not work so I was too aggressive in deleting apps. If I get the chance I will try and find the missing app.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There have been 30 downloads but no complaints about the screen shot.

I put a more complete version back on my tablet and it is fully working, and I am freezing more and more apps to see if I could get a repeat of the screen shot issue, but nothing. I am now thinking it was due to residue files.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts