Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My device was sold as having version 2.3 installed, but I received it with 2.2.

I contacted my seller, and they will mail me an sd with an update to 2.3, apparently.

So, I'll let you guys know once I received that!

In the mean time, I'll wait on MrTasselhof, as he was going to post pics/movies of how to open this baby up and locating the builtin sd card

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where have you bought it? What's your seller?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it from a dealer at AliExpress, and unfortunately, I might have to send it back and get a replacement unit, as a part of my screen doesn't work at all (leftmost part, so I can't change the volume...). I'll hear back from them on monday, I think.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I bought it from a dealer at AliExpress, and unfortunately, I might have to send it back and get a replacement unit, as a part of my screen doesn't work at all (leftmost part, so I can't change the volume...). I'll hear back from them on monday, I think.
Hm... sometimes it's just a wire not sitting perfectly in, i know that problem from several iPhones i repaired (think i can compare that).

Hopefully you will get the 2.3 version on Monday! Keep us informed please!

Extra Question: Besides the Display thingy, do you like the Tablet? How does it feel? how's the screen (the working part)
?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow.. I can't wait to meet new firmware!

But, something strange things are there.

They say "android market Support",
but I can't find Google 'Market' icon in their menu screenshot.

They also say "OS: Tablet pc Google Android 2.3",
and 'About devide' screenshot says that Android version is '2.3'.
But, Build number is "sec_smdkv210-user 2.2 FRF91...blah blah".
I know that this build number is concerned with 2.2(Froyo).

I hope that Blaurens will be receive a proper 2.3 firmware that include android market!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Isn't the market available in the update from the other thread here? It is supposed to include that.

Also, that screenshot is photoshopped

Compare this one, from the add at the time I bought it:

with this one (the 'same' screenshot at the time of writing):

You'll also notice the font of '2.3' is slightly different;

Anyway, we'll know when I get mine back. Might be a couple of weeks, though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Small update regarding this; I was in contact just now with my seller on AliExpress, and they informed me that today, they shipped me a new T9, with 2.3. I should receive it somewhere next week. I'll let you know what happens

·
Registered
84 Posts
Small update regarding this; I was in contact just now with my seller on AliExpress, and they informed me that today, they shipped me a new T9, with 2.3. I should receive it somewhere next week. I'll let you know what happens
HOPE FOR 2.3
would be wonderful! hope everything is true!

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Well, my T9 adventures have come to an end. I received a M816R2 as a replacement for my T9
Oh well.
Well that explains them saying it has Gingerbread 2.3

Head on over to the forums then.. got a new article with Skype 2.0.
- Allows incoming video on the MID816R2

Tasselhof

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't know if this is the right place or not but I just received my T9 from MerriMobiles and while it's still Android 2.2 the Android Market comes installed and appears to be the full market, in that I have access to free and paid apps/games.

·
Registered
84 Posts
post your Android OS Build Information please...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Don't know if this is the right place or not but I just received my T9 from MerriMobiles and while it's still Android 2.2 the Android Market comes installed and appears to be the full market, in that I have access to free and paid apps/games.
Can you please post the Market app version you are running.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
I have asked Merimobiles to look in to the latest firmware... perhaps they are shipping with an update version.

Nonz - if you could please go to the Device info and post the build number/date it would be great!

Thanks!

Tasselhof

·
Registered
208 Posts
Wow! Another turn towards the T9. 2 of the big factors I haven't bought this are because of the lack of market and the lack of 2.3. However, seeing as this is apparently getting a 2.3 update and there possibly looks like there's now an Android Market, as well as a 3g version on the way according to Merimobiles in August, I'm now seriously considering this one as well! I just hope I can use Skype Video chat both ways, then I'll be REALLY happy!

Could someone confirm what the battery life is like on this? I'd be doing the odd round of angry birds, web surfing, listening to some music and maybe the odd tv show and a bit of Skype. No heavy gaming.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow! Another turn towards the T9. 2 of the big factors I haven't bought this are because of the lack of market and the lack of 2.3. However, seeing as this is apparently getting a 2.3 update and there possibly looks like there's now an Android Market, as well as a 3g version on the way according to Merimobiles in August, I'm now seriously considering this one as well! I just hope I can use Skype Video chat both ways, then I'll be REALLY happy!

Could someone confirm what the battery life is like on this? I'd be doing the odd round of angry birds, web surfing, listening to some music and maybe the odd tv show and a bit of Skype. No heavy gaming.
In my experience battery life is at about 4 hours (from fully charged-blue light indicator) when maintaining a minimal number of apps open. So if you are doing a round of Angry Birds, then surfing the net and then listening to music or watching TV, you should be able to have the 4 full hours at your disposal without a problem. However, if you do watch or listen to music for extended periods of time, it seems the battery drains faster then it would with say browsing alone or even angry birds. Overall for a tablet the battery life is great. I would compare it to a netbook's battery life.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok, form About Device.

Model Number
sec_smdkv210

Android Version

Build Number
sec_smdkv210-user 2.2 FRF91 eng.foxluo.20110706.113423 test-keys

Android Market is v1.82

Hope this makes sense.

Nonz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, form About Device.

Model Number
sec_smdkv210

Android Version

Build Number
sec_smdkv210-user 2.2 FRF91 eng.foxluo.20110706.113423 test-keys

Android Market is v1.82

Hope this makes sense.

Nonz
So it seems that a new firmware is available dated 2011-07-06, whereas the latest we have thanks to the efforts of Mr. Tasselhoff is the 2011-06-17. Hopefully Merimobiles will reply to his request for this firmware so that we can all enjoy it. I have no android market access as of the date i have received my T9 and although i have tried every possible fix to get it working, i have been unsuccessful (full or otherwise).

Hopefully this new firmware will fix that...

-George

1 - 20 of 22 Posts