Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, TechNinja at androidtablets.net posted an AMAZING list of upcoming tablets. It's a great read, and I encourage you to check it out.List of Upcoming 10" TabletsSecond, THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE!!!!!! :mad: Why, in particular, do they all have a 16:9 (or 16:10) aspect ratio? OK, that makes sense if all you're doing is watching movies. But for web browsing, email, so many other functions...4:3 makes more sense (i.e., the Pandigital Novel). It's really weird that so many of them duplicate the appearance of the iPad, EXCEPT the display aspect ratio!Seriously makes me want to wait until next year when all the silly cloning stops!-MattPS Seriously, the answer can't be: because they're all using the same Chinese circuit board, display, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the reference! I just joined slatedroid today.- for the 10" I am personally waiting til next year for a price drop and when everything nice comes out. Not to mention when theres more improvement in firmware and functionality.I dunno bout the whole aspect ratio thing.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TechNinja;29504 said:
thanks for the reference! I just joined slatedroid today.- for the 10" I am personally waiting til next year for a price drop and when everything nice comes out. Not to mention when theres more improvement in firmware and functionality.I dunno bout the whole aspect ratio thing.
No problem. I'm really impressed with how well-organized your list is!"...when there's more improvement in firmware and functionality..."??? You do realize there's ALWAYS more improvement? ;) Actually...for under $200 I'm easy to please. But I know if I don't take the Pandigital back soon, I'll be cursing myself in a few months when I see the next generation of low-end Android tablets!Still searching for an answer to my 16:9 question...-Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts