Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very happy to recieved my Apad! Everyone is saying that the first charge should be 10 hours. So the first thing I did was start charging it and saw the red light turn on. After about 2 hours, the red light turned off. Should i keep charging it up to 10 hours?

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote name='Susaaan;10926]I'm very happy to recieved my Apad! Everyone is saying that the first charge should be 10 hours. So the first thing I did was start charging it and saw the red light turn on. After about 2 hours' date=' the red light turned off. Should i keep charging it up to 10 hours?[/QUOTE'] Yes, charge it 10hrs the first two charges and then 5hrs for charges after that. The battery will perform best this way. Anyone who tells you not to will not be replacing your unit when the battery only lasts 1hr on a charge... This is what I have done so far and I habitually get 5hrs on a charge. Good luck!

·
Registered
56 Posts
[quote name='nemo0075;11021]Yes' date=' charge it 10hrs the first two charges and then 5hrs for charges after that. The battery will perform best this way. Anyone who tells you not to will not be replacing your unit when the battery only lasts 1hr on a charge... This is what I have done so far and I habitually get 5hrs on a charge. Good luck![/QUOTE']Hi,Does it mean i have to fully drain the battery after the first 10 hrs charge before charging another 10 hrs for the 2nd charge?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Once the lights go off, THERE IS NO CHARGING, NADA, NONE. Batteries have protection circuits for that.10 hour charging was needed for older battery types 10 years ago...Also avoid completely draining the battery, Li batteries do not like to be drained completely...

·
Registered
118 Posts
[quote name='rokr;11043]Once the lights go off' date=' THERE IS NO CHARGING, NADA, NONE. Batteries have protection circuits for that.10 hour charging was needed for older battery types 10 years ago...Also avoid completely draining the battery, Li batteries do not like to be drained completely...[/QUOTE']The man/woman knows what he is talking about.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My aPad arrives today left the DHL depot this morning
about the charging once it arrives a lot of other threads speak that you should charge for 10hrs otherwise the charge doesn't hold. Can you guys say if you charge stayed for 3-5 hours even if you charged it for only 2hrs. I realise you explained that new batteries do not work like the older batteries but this is made in China ;) so who knows.Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm also wondering about the 10 hour charging thing...received my aPad this afternoon, and plugged it in to charge when I got home at about 7:00pm. It's been plugged in and charging (red LED on) all evening. I've been sitting here playing with it during, surfing around online. I put it down a few minutes ago to jump on my laptop real quick, and when I looked at it again, the red LED is now off. The settings are saying that the battery is at 99% charge, but I can't get the LED to come back on, no matter how I finagle the connection in the jack.I'm about to lie down and go to sleep, but I just wanted to make sure this seems OK and not like an effed up charger connection. It had been pretty fragile when I first started, only wanting to keep the LED on in specific positions. I'm hoping nothing is messed up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.