Android Tablets Forum banner

10" Android 2.1 Tablet PC - Orphan Android 2.1 - Windows 6.0 iPed Slate - iPed-M

12K views 44 replies 21 participants last post by  mogrith 
G
#1 ·
See less See more
#10 ·
benedict_x;11089 said:
They seemed to have push the release date from the 27th of June to the 5th of July. Am starting to get weary of purchasing the tablet.
Scoured the computer markets here in China, none of the shops are expecting to receive any shipments until mid-July.I'll get a ring as soon as they're dropped off and post info ASAP.

#15 ·
jtbnet;13116 said:
Chinagrabber has changed my expected ship date to 7/10-7/13 so fingers still crossed....
Did you order the M16 or the M16+?I posted an email I got today over in the board for people waiting for their devices. It states that there was a board shortage and that the M16 should ship between July 12 and July 15, and that the M16+ might ship sooner (since it has different specs).

#16 ·
[quote name='synonymous;13124]Did you order the M16 or the M16+?I posted an email I got today over in the board for people waiting for their devices. It states that there was a board shortage and that the M16 should ship between July 12 and July 15' date=' and that the M16+ might ship sooner (since it has different specs).[/QUOTE'] To tell the truth... I'm not sure as don't know the difference... my order states....> Status: M16 Waiting list - Ships July 10-13...> Buy 10.2" Android 2.1 Tablet PC - Orphan Android 2.1 - Windows 6.0 iPed Slate - iPed-M16 > Operation System: Android 2.1

#19 ·
[quote name='Zap!;13466]Can someone please tell me if the 10" M16' date=' Android 2.1 version has an accelerometer (auto screen rotation)? Too me it's useless without it. Also, any word on GPS, and is the camera on the front or back? Thanks for the info, I searched everywhere but couldn't find anything![/QUOTE'] I haven't seen any mention of one. Also, there doesn't appear to be one in the video. But somehow they rotated the screen, so maybe there is a button for doing that or something.

#20 ·
[quote name='synonymous;13612]I haven't seen any mention of one. Also' date=' there doesn't appear to be one in the video. But somehow they rotated the screen, so maybe there is a button for doing that or something.[/QUOTE']Well with all the cool features it has, I don't see how it won't have something as relatively small as an accelerometer. I e-mail the company selling them, but all he said was "it should" have one. IMO, with all the cool Android apps and games, the tablet would be useless without it.

#21 ·
[quote name='Zap!;13632]Well with all the cool features it has' date=' I don't see how it won't have something as relatively small as an accelerometer. I e-mail the company selling them, but all he said was "it should" have one. IMO, with all the cool Android apps and games, the tablet would be useless without it.[/QUOTE'] Hahahaha! I'm sorry, but that's typical Chinese customer support! So used to that after living here for so long. "It should," "I don't know," "I didn't make it, why are you asking me," and then there are the ones who just say yes because they don't know. :/Once I get my hands on one, I'll post specs of what is really inside and all the goodies I can.

#22 ·
[quote name='soulstar2100;14097]Hahahaha! I'm sorry' date=' but that's typical Chinese customer support! So used to that after living here for so long. "It should," "I don't know," "I didn't make it, why are you asking me," and then there are the ones who just say yes because they don't know. :/Once I get my hands on one, I'll post specs of what is really inside and all the goodies I can.[/QUOTE']I ordered one as well. If it doesn't have one, I could always sell it I guess. I just checked and it's saying "M16 Waiting List - ships July 15-17" so I don't expect it before August 1. How about your ship date?

#23 ·
[quote name='Zap!;14336]I ordered one as well. If it doesn't have one' date=' I could always sell it I guess. I just checked and it's saying "M16 Waiting List - ships July 15-17" so I don't expect it before August 1. How about your ship date?[/QUOTE'] Just checked and; M16 Waiting list - Ships July 10-13

#24 ·
*shrugs* I don't commit to things I have never seen. :cool:Business in China is vastly different than business in other countries. If I get a spec sheet from a factory, my behind will be there to physically examine each and every single unit. Things can be different than advertised, so I won't commit to specs or ship dates (using express, Airmail is too slow and too many thefts) until I have one in hand and have verified every little aspect of it myself.Don't want to be, "hey, this has a 800 mhz processor!" And next day find out from the guy I sold it to it's a 350 mhz machine, I'm sure you have seen this on the internet with said tablets before. ;)Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to scare anybody, it's just how things are in China. I'm just saying lucky I don't have to pre-order, wait for them to ship it to me and hope it's as advertised when it finally gets here, when I can go down the street and snag one day of release knowing what is inside it before I hand over my cash.

#25 ·
[quote name='soulstar2100;14403]*shrugs* I don't commit to things I have never seen. :cool:Business in China is vastly different than business in other countries. If I get a spec sheet from a factory' date=' my behind will be there to physically examine each and every single unit. Things can be different than advertised, so I won't commit to specs or ship dates (using express, Airmail is too slow and too many thefts) until I have one in hand and have verified every little aspect of it myself.Don't want to be, "hey, this has a 800 mhz processor!" And next day find out from the guy I sold it to it's a 350 mhz machine, I'm sure you have seen this on the internet with said tablets before. ;)Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to scare anybody, it's just how things are in China. I'm just saying lucky I don't have to pre-order, wait for them to ship it to me and hope it's as advertised when it finally gets here, when I can go down the street and snag one day of release knowing what is inside it before I hand over my cash.[/QUOTE'] Hey... Don't rub it in :>) I've been in this business too long (35 yrs) to be too surprised by anything... delays, mis-quotes on specs., etc... but we can hope it's close... and the price is definitely reasonable on a whim... Fingers Crossed XXXXX

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.