Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been scanning through these forums, and haven't seen anyone mention a 10.2" rockchip Apad. I bought one off ebay, which should arrive today. I was under the impression that the Zenithink was the only 10 inch tablet out at the moment, but according to the seller I am definitely getting a 10 inch rockchip Apad. Here are the advertised specs: 10.2" Rockchip Android Tablet Apad 1GHZ DUAL CORE PROCESSORCPU: RK2808 1GHZ Dual-Core - FASTEST PROCESSORGoogle Android OS 1.5256MB DDR2 800mhzDisplay: 10.2? 16:9 widescreen 800X480 high-brightness TFT LCDFull Touchscreen, Sliding Menu, icons and drag function.Built-in Storage: 2GB FlashExternal Storage: SD-Card Slot Supports upto 16 GB (Memory card not included)Motion Sensor, AccelerometerWIFI WLAN: 802.11b/g Wi-Fi certified Network connectionAudio Format: MP3, WMA. FLAC, AAC, AC3, OGG, WAVVideo Format: MKV (H.264 HP) / RMVB / MPEG-4 / FLV / MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 up to 720PStereo Speaker3.5mm Earphone JackPicture Format: JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMPSoftware Applications: E-Mail, Web Browser, Google Chrome-lite Browser,Calender, Contacts, i-Reader, FringeGames, Scratch Paper, Desktop Gadgets, Clock, Wallpaper, Google Maps,More apps can be downloaded from GOOGLE ANDROID MARKETPLACE APPS!Has any one else bought one of these? Also do you think with these specs it will eventually be able to run android 2.2?If anyone is interested I will do a little write up about it later when I get it, but it will be my first tablet so I wont have anything to compare it with!

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
yes!, please do a write up about it, i have the 7" rockchip apad and i love it, is fast and responsive, way better than the W1060 i also have. am interested in what you think about it

·
Registered
101 Posts
I really, really, really hope for you that this is the real deal but I'm afraid it isn't.There's been reports all over the forum that Rockchip does not support 256MB of memory. On top of that, Rockchip also doesn't support anything but Android 1.5 which is why you now see new tablets emerging based on Telechip.I'll cross my fingers for you (and the rest of the aPad community) because if this really is true, we are one step closer to getting 2.1 on our 7" aPads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it did not arrive today, however I am inclined to believe it is the royal mail that has let me down rather than the seller. Hopefully it should arrive tomorrow (however I am out all day), but I will be sure to post when it arrives. I am very intrigued as to what the product will be like, and I am sure I will be asking you guys for help in discovering the true specs of this device.

·
Registered
45 Posts
can't wait to see your review of this, i'm in the UK and thinking of getting a tablet too. Would you be able to download the android comic viewer and let me know how well it copes with browsing comic files?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quick update, received the tablet today (posting from it now!). it is a 10.2" rockchip. Seems to be working smoothly, internet is working well, touch screen is responsive. It has android market access, but it is running android 1.5. I am very keen to get some comics on this device as that was my primary reason for buying this so will play around with it now. In the mean time if anyone wants me to try anything out with this then let me know. What app should I download to be able to view the specs (as don't think the advertised ones are accurate). Oh yeah speakers are quiet, like a mobile phones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Do you think it will be comfortable enough to read comics on for a long time, how much did you pay for your tablet in the end?I've been looking at this onehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-2-Android-...ultDomain_3&hash=item3a5d51b5b5#ht_3381wt_911Which seems to be the same as the orphan m16, and runs on 2.1 and the a8 chip (apparently) I have no idea how to test if the machine has all these once it arrives.Any word on battery life would be great too

·
Registered
18 Posts
[quote name='dankybett;24363]Quick update' date=' received the tablet today (posting from it now!). it is a 10.2" rockchip. Seems to be working smoothly, internet is working well, touch screen is responsive. It has android market access, but it is running android 1.5. I am very keen to get some comics on this device as that was my primary reason for buying this so will play around with it now. In the mean time if anyone wants me to try anything out with this then let me know. What app should I download to be able to view the specs (as don't think the advertised ones are accurate). Oh yeah speakers are quiet, like a mobile phones.[/QUOTE'] I would be very interested in hearing how the comics run. That's my primary reason for looking into a tablet. I assume you'll be using ACV and either cbr or cbz (works better on android) formats. Please let us know how it works and how long page transitions take.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I paid ?200 for mine xyon, but the link you posted looks like it has better specs then the device I have (well mine was advertised to have the same specs, but in reality mine has half the ram). The battery life realistically probably lasts around 3.5 hours with wifi on. Thats me playing around with it constantly though. Not sure what it would be like if you spent the whole time watching videos. Now for comics: It took me a while to get it working as it turns out I needed to download ACV from the developers blog. With cbr files it is too slow to be useable. But when you convert them to cbz it works ok. However sometimes you will get halfway through the comic and it might randomly decide to just go back to the first page, which takes a few seconds to load, and makes the experience a bit of a pain. I should add that when it is working well, the comics look fantastic! And the screen size is perfect for reading them full size so a whole page fits in a portrait view. The device and the software just needs a bit of optimisation. It has the potential to be exactly what I need. I think I just need help with finding out if there is some custom firmware that I should be using...?Hopefully I can find out if there are others who are using this device on this forum. I just posted in rogerbrauns firmware thread, and have been told that the device I have is not an Apad. So I need to try find out what I have! Here is the link to the ebay seller I bought from in case anyone is interested in the device: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LATEST-10-2-Rockchip-Android-Tablet-Apad-DUAL-CORE-/220641818437?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item335f46f745He is a really great guy, and offered an exceptional service. And when it did not arrive next day (which was the post office's fault) he offered to refund the p&p.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Awesome i'm looking to get the one in the auction, so hopefully the A8 and 2.1 vs the rockchip and 1.5 will make it a little smoother, was just reading on android comic viewer forum why it has issues with cbr vs cbz, should be a problem converting them over if they run better.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
emailed "amazingcrystal" about ZT, the stock that she has is not in Sydney, Australia. As i live in Sydney i asked could i pick up, first answer was "i'm travelling", second reply was "goods is not in sydney at moment, but I will hgave staff ship it out once you complete the payment".

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.