1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pandahome doesn't give you root access, and you don't need root access to install it or other apps.Root access allows you to tweak the hardware a bit, like changing the cpu speed or using the quick boot app.The only reason I rooted my Novel was for the quick boot app.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Root is also needed for SetCPU which made my device much more responsive after tweaking the settings in that app. (Changed min speed from 66 to 133 MHz, also changed profile from conservative to performance.)

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
derelicte;21005 said:
This batch will give you root access on the Novel. You must have the android toolchain and driver installed and running.Extract this bat file into the same directory that adb is located and run. You can run it from windows explorer.Enjoy!
Please excuse my ignorance but I am new to the Android World. Where do I get the Android toolchain and driver from? Thank you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What does the quick boot app allow you to do? Does it actually allow you to boot the thing quicker? I installed that .APK before and I never could get it to work as it would just not work.Also, changing device to idle at 133 Mhz, wouldn't that eat up the battery quicker?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[quote name='tobias;21696]What does the quick boot app allow you to do? Does it actually allow you to boot the thing quicker?[/QUOTE]no. it just allows you to reboot the novel without having to turn it off and on again. I find turning the thing off is pretty hard. you need to hold the switch just the right amount of time. most of the time it ends up going to sleep.[QUOTE=tobias;21696]I installed that .APK before and I never could get it to work as it would just not work.[/QUOTE]you probably didn't root it correctly. the other method suggested (linking su) didn't work for me. copying sh did.[QUOTE=tobias;21696]Also' date=' changing device to idle at 133 Mhz, wouldn't that eat up the battery quicker?[/QUOTE'] yep, although with setcpu I never saw my novel running at 66, only 133 even though it could go lower.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.