Android Tablets Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Android Market doesn't really work on the M001 on firmware v1.7.4. You can get it to work sometimes by selecting the apps you want, then going into settings -> applications and clearing the data and cache for "Google Apps" and "Market"...and then opening the Market app. It will make you re-login to the Market and you MAY then get the apps you just tried to download. But you may also get several other apps you did NOT want....though these appear to always fail to download. It looks to me like the Android Market access in v1.7.4 is an Eken hack....and not a well done hack, either. I use my Android phone to install apps, then back them up with Appmonster Pro and email them to a mailbox my M001 picks them up from through the browser. The GMail apps only downloads pics, so you must do gmail via the browser to get the attachments. This is faster, easier and more reliable.If you haven't got an Android phone, then I'd suggest getting one soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
To those who have tried clearing the data and cache on the download manager, google apps, and market, and still failed to download from market here are a couple more points:1.) Be sure to cancel anyand all prior market app downloads before closing market and clearing the caches and data.2.) Check your router/cable modem/firewall settings. I found that the downloads didn't work until I lowered the security level temporarily. Not sure what ports Google uses, but apparently it needs to talk over some other pathways to download.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.