Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jalaluddin,

Can you tell us what specifically you where doing when this happen? I suggest you start up a new thread rather than discussing it in this one. In the long run, it would probably be helpful for others that have bricked their tablet during a firmware upgrade to use as your "bricked" thread as a reference. My first thought is you could import a ClockWorkMod based image back onto your tablet using the CWM Recovery interface.

smithmal
Thanks for your reply

i openened new topic here:

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/76825-chuwi-v88-bricked/

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
views and opinions to this firmware?
My $0.02...

OS Performance - I've noticed downloading and installing apps is much quicker. Haven't noticed too many freeze/crashes (however I didn't see that many before either). Navigating between homescreens and apps is buttery, but then I saw that with the last firmware. Got an Antutu of 17000. The only thing I'm puzzled about is the when updating multiple apps via Google Play, I see lag in overall performance (which I always did BTW). I thought having a quadcore CPU was supposed to eliminate this?

WiFi Performance - The wifi seems to be improved. There are no, or virtually no disconnects now although the antenna strength remains the same as the earlier firmwares. In earlier firmwares I was seeing constant disconnects especially when the Wifi signal was low (-70db or lower).

I haven't really down any battery testing yet.

If people could report back on HDMI out, mic levels and camera functionality it would be appreciated. The other big plus (as I mentioned in the XBMC thread) is that the v88 can now run the stock XBMC 12.2 (Frodo).

smithmal

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
FW Developer
710 Posts
Anyhow, word was that the last several 4.2 roms out of China have had some DRM issues that break things like Netflix. We don't usually was development time on a rom unless it is fairly stable and mostly working to begin with.
And I agree. The 4.2.2 Chuwi V88 firmware is bugged. There's one major part that I am testing now. It seems like the battery usage monitor is completely not working.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup just updated my Newly arrived V88 today with 4.2.2 and yeah also have a blackscreen here ..

Nothing happening after succesful update .

Im going to try to get back to the last firmware ..

Yup back on the OFFICIAL_r3188_4.1_ChuwiV88wBT_2013-05-25 ROM ..

Does anyone have the correct 4.2.2 the working one ??

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Yup just updated my Newly arrived V88 today with 4.2.2 and yeah also have a blackscreen here ..

I'm using the 4.2.2 firmware linked by Chuwi and have no issues. I'm assuming this is the same one that everyone is mirroring and/or on Natbyte's site. When flashing new firmware, if you already have CWM recovery on your tablet, you might want to clear the cache and the dalvik cache to see if that helps.

smithmal

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm using the 4.2.2 firmware linked by Chuwi and have no issues. I'm assuming this is the same one that everyone is mirroring and/or on Natbyte's site. When flashing new firmware, if you already have CWM recovery on your tablet, you might want to clear the cache and the dalvik cache to see if that helps.

smithmal
Since my computer is toast from that natbyte virut virus & my chuwi is working well more or less on the stock 4/19 I'm just going to wait for more bugs to be ironed out. Overall very happy with my tab. Very thin 8 light like it was a pack of note cards.

·
Registered
32 Posts

hi there, just to confirm, the OFFICIAL_r3188_4.2.2_ChuwiV88wBT_2013_06_03 mirror contains the original files, directly from chuwi server, and untampered with - all I did was repacking it to zip and upping it to GDrive...
as far as things currently stand there is no universal, properly working one-fit-all 4.2.2 version yet

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just tried to install this version again but i keep getting the black screen .
It just wont boot .the batchtool confirms that the restore is done succesfully but the V88 does not start up.

Is it possible that their are 2 versions of the V88 like the M9 old pcb and new pcb??

because i can see the V88 booting up on just a little line of the bottem of the screen .

hi there, just to confirm, the OFFICIAL_r3188_4.2.2_ChuwiV88wBT_2013_06_03 mirror contains the original files, directly from chuwi server, and untampered with - all I did was repacking it to zip and upping it to GDrive...
as far as things currently stand there is no universal, properly working one-fit-all 4.2.2 version yet

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just tried to install this version again but i keep getting the black screen .
It just wont boot .the batchtool confirms that the restore is done succesfully but the V88 does not start up.
As far as I can see, the safest thing currently is to go back to the 25-05-2013 version (which is JB4.1) - Chuwi definitely needs to review their JB 4.2.2 version... there's dozens of reports that people can't get the 03-06-2013 working, with no fix available yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With 4.2.2 my chuwi is finally perfect and smooth. Wifi doesn't disconnect more. The central position of the keys is convenient. I have to get used only to the split bar at the top.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

I've been following this thread for awhile and thought it's finally time I joined the forum.

Sounds like I'm one of the lucky few who the 4.2.2 firmware installed and worked without a problem. I've been running it for the past week and it's been very stable. My activities mainly revolved around a lot of XBMC and Bard's Tale. I've yet to experience any crashes or black screens.

I did notice that sixaxis (PS3 dualshock bluetooth drivers) are no longer working, but that is more likely a wider compatibility problem between the Sixaxis App and 4.2.2.

My unit is a 2GB Bluetooth version if that makes any difference.

Also note that over the weekend, I flashed Oma's 4.2.2 build and did experience issues getting it to install properly. Namely, the Storage partition. At first it did not mount then was inaccessible via USB. Oma made available the various Kernel builds as separate downloads and the 29.05.13 kernel sorted this out.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Just wanted to note that I too am using the 4.2.2 firmware with no issues. I flashed using the Moborobo installed USB drivers if that is any help.

smithmal

·
Registered
108 Posts
So where did you download your version ?

Do you have it available for us here ?
Maybe you can upload it to dropbox or mega ??.
Would apreciate it verry much.

Hi,

I've been following this thread for awhile and thought it's finally time I joined the forum.

Sounds like I'm one of the lucky few who the 4.2.2 firmware installed and worked without a problem. I've been running it for the past week and it's been very stable. My activities mainly revolved around a lot of XBMC and Bard's Tale. I've yet to experience any crashes or black screens.

I did notice that sixaxis (PS3 dualshock bluetooth drivers) are no longer working, but that is more likely a wider compatibility problem between the Sixaxis App and 4.2.2.

My unit is a 2GB Bluetooth version if that makes any difference.

Also note that over the weekend, I flashed Oma's 4.2.2 build and did experience issues getting it to install properly. Namely, the Storage partition. At first it did not mount then was inaccessible via USB. Oma made available the various Kernel builds as separate downloads and the 29.05.13 kernel sorted this out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So where did you download your version ?
I used the kuai.xunlei link that was mentioned in the opening post of this thread. It contained a link to the official download hosted on Xunlei. There is also a Google Drive mirror available.

To download from Xunlei, I did the following:

1. Visit the site
2. Click the link labelled 'V88速派mini四核_4.2__2013_06_03.rar'
3. When the popup appears, select the second button (使用浏览器下载).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Somebody have the option "Users" under the Device section in the Settings? I think that multi-user is not implemented in this firmware...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I cant install it either just getting a black screen and it does not boot.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts