Android Tablets Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
In regards to the MagicTab M1... Can that really be considered a 4th generation of the RENA3? It seems like an entirely different device, just also based on the EV2 and it has a 7" screen. The Visture V1 is also based on the EV2 but we don't consider it a RENA. Just my 2 cents but I didn't know if anyone had looked at the MagicTab's Firmware/Hardware and could actually give a hard answer on this. I am fairly certain it is genuinely a "different" device, not just a new revision of the RENA3.

Just my 2-cents but I was hoping for some feedback

P.S. - Sorry I never did update in here, I asked both of my suppliers about getting Rena3 source code, they said that they couldn't help

Cheers,

Roman

http://topnotchtablets.com

·
Registered
60 Posts
In regards to the MagicTab M1... Can that really be considered a 4th generation of the RENA3? It seems like an entirely different device, just also based on the EV2 and it has a 7" screen. The Visture V1 is also based on the EV2 but we don't consider it a RENA. Just my 2 cents but I didn't know if anyone had looked at the MagicTab's Firmware/Hardware and could actually give a hard answer on this. I am fairly certain it is genuinely a "different" device, not just a new revision of the RENA3.

Just my 2-cents but I was hoping for some feedback

P.S. - Sorry I never did update in here, I asked both of my suppliers about getting Rena3 source code, they said that they couldn't help

Cheers,

Roman

http://topnotchtablets.com
Isn't it part of the open source licence that the manufacturer have give the source code?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Adding a picture of my device open.

I unscrew the two little screws, on the loudspeaker side, and then used a credit card, from the screen side, to open the several small hooks all around the border. They're relatively loose, so it didn't take to much to open it. I've used a scanner to take the picture, so the CPU board surface is a bit out-of-focus.

As you can see, the assembly is very cheap and there's lot of tape to fix flying cables around.

One thing I noticed, the cheap WiFi antenna (the metal part like a clip, on the top end of the picture) when the tablet case is closed *may* get in touch with the lcd metal box, so I added one more stripe of adehesive tape, on the lcd, to better isolate it.

I've been very careful, but when I closed all again I had a cold sweat as the touch screen didn't respond to touch, except on the edges. It returned to normal functioning after a few seconds... Then I made the touch calibration again, which is accessed with Vol+ and power. That made me discover another bug on 2.3 1105, which is the calibration messages aren't translated: they're in Chinese (I had to guess - just dont' touch the screen and wait 3 seconds).

UPDATE - I've opened it again and verified that motherboard ID is: DD4_0417_2011_A3_V3 2011_04_15, that is the same as that in http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/25592-usb-hub-for-rena-v3-23/page__view__findpost__p__279118.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts

I unscrew the two little screws, on the loudspeaker side, and then used a credit card, from the screen side, to open the several small hooks all around the border. They're relatively loose, so it didn't take to much to open it. I've used a scanner to take the picture, so the CPU board surface is a bit out-of-focus.

As you can see, the assembly is very cheap and there's lot of tape to fix flying cables around.

One thing I noticed, the cheap WiFi antenna (the metal part like a clip, on the top end of the picture) when the tablet case is closed *may* get in touch with the lcd metal box, so I added one more stripe of adehesive tape, on the lcd, to better isolate it.

I've been very careful, but when I closed all again I had a cold sweat as the touch screen didn't respond to touch, except on the edges. It returned to normal functioning after a few seconds... Then I made the touch calibration again, which is accessed with Vol+ and power. That made me discover another bug on 2.3 1105, which is the calibration messages aren't translated: they're in Chinese (I had to guess - just dont' touch the screen and wait 3 seconds).
you can make hires scan of bottom side pcb? i'm need what step-down used for 1.5V/3.3V on power line mini-pcie 3G module.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the same!!! I thought it was a v3 rena?? Maybe its not even a rena3 device it doesnt match these pics il do a teardown when my missus is home as her se arc camera will be perfect for the close up pics.

sent from my modded overclocked under volted rena3 version 3

·
Registered
91 Posts

I had the same problem.. root the device and add the livallcalibration file from another rom to /system/apps. Add through adb, su file explorer or just swap it in the android fs4 file before flashing the rom.

Regards, ballbag.
sent from my modded overclocked under volted rena3 version 3

·
Registered
3 Posts
A Rena3-similar device that works all right with the AC-adapter or powered by an mini-usb-cable to the computer, but running on batterys dies suddenly after 30 minutes without any warnings or any indication that the battery is loosing its power. Can it be anything else than a faulty battery?
The device is brand new, and way to expensive to send it back and forth to China to replace it.
Could it be that it goes to warm when running on battery?
Could it be a software problem?
The seller have not been interested in serving me any firmware-files. The "M9_M9+_20110908.rar" Works pretty okay.
NOt that I have mangaged to get the interal sim-card and 3G working. GPS is working aanyway.
Link to shop: 7" Renesas Dual Core A9

·
Registered
91 Posts
A Rena3-similar device that works all right with the AC-adapter or powered by an mini-usb-cable to the computer, but running on batterys dies suddenly after 30 minutes without any warnings or any indication that the battery is loosing its power. Can it be anything else than a faulty battery?
The device is brand new, and way to expensive to send it back and forth to China to replace it.
Could it be that it goes to warm when running on battery?
Could it be a software problem?
The seller have not been interested in serving me any firmware-files. The "M9_M9+_20110908.rar" Works pretty okay.
NOt that I have mangaged to get the interal sim-card and 3G working. GPS is working aanyway.
Link to shop: 7" Renesas Dual Core A9
Same device as mine try using the 2.3 930 or 922 firmwares or even use my hybrid firmware posted somewhere in the ' new 2.3 firmware ' section of the forum il see if i can find it.

·
Registered
353 Posts
you can make hires scan of bottom side pcb? i'm need what step-down used for 1.5V/3.3V on power line mini-pcie 3G module.
Sorry, I can't... I thought about disassembling the board from the case, but it's not that easy and there's a risk of damaging connections, etc. So I gave up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry, I can't... I thought about disassembling the board from the case, but it's not that easy and there's a risk of damaging connections, etc. So I gave up.
fxx68 its easy to do mate seems like the boards glued down but its just snagged down due to the design and coz of the connections at the end of the board. il get meself out of bed strip this beast down n get a pic up for everyone to see

sent from my overclocked under volted rena3

well heres my pics...
http://www.megapix.com/?p=9SYLHETT
http://www.megapix.com/?p=LEEH6T5Q
http://www.megapix.com/?p=I8023C9L
http://www.megapix.com/?p=39T7YT19

·
Registered
91 Posts
noooo friggin way! bump. i dont have 3g.. not that i wanted it but this was advertised as a 3g rena lmao i can put the pics of the bottom side mainboard up if anyone wants?

·
Registered
353 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
mines a second generation and i tried to update the firmware and no the screen doesnt work so its pretty much useless really can't afford to just lose £100 so could someone please help me to find the right firmware that will fix it?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts