Android Tablets Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandigital Novel Android Open Platform kit

14K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  panengineer 
#1 ·
Is this what many of you have been requesting from Pandigital? I went to download the lastest version of the firmware today and saw the link on the Pandigital site. I can 't post links yet here because I'm recently registered, but if you go to the downloads section at PandigitalDOTnet you should be able to find it.

#5 ·
No.. this is a minimal open version of the Android software.. what everyone is seeking is the source code.. the actual listing of commands.. this will allow the "experts" to modify the system from a position of knowledge rather than having to do so much trial and error.As a user of a public license, Pandigital is required by law to release it, but they haven't.

#6 ·
OK, got it. I didn't remember seeing that link last week, so when I saw it today, I just jumped to the wrong conclusion. Didn't think about the difference between the Open Android OS and the source code. Yes, I know the difference! I work with Java/JSP as a web developer.

#7 ·
i recently upgraded my pandigital novel(white) in open platform kit. it works but the internal micro-SD of my pandigital is not working now.i've try even restarting my pandigital. and i try also disassemble it and put it again,i even try putting my 1gb micro-SD card but it did not work either. and i try to open it in external SD/MMC slot it work.but my problem is that my internal microSD slot is not working. PLEASE HELP ME!

#8 ·
I believe the instructions for that fw were to remove the external sd card and install from the internal micro SD card. You likely did not do that. This fw is obsolete as all the later sh20 fws are open platform, I recommend installing the sh20 two dated 3/2 or Kewlguy's upgrades of it from his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.