Android Tablets Forum banner

Odd battery percentage display

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Tzul 
#1 ·
On my new (2 weeks old) tablet, the battery percentage display acts strangely. It hovers between 97-100% and stays there. I can use it for a while after a full charge and it might show 97%. I then turn off the screen and let it sit for a while and when I come back to it the display might show 99% or 100% again.

The battery % hovers in the high 90%'s the whole time I'm using the tablet until suddenly it drops to 14% and warns me that the battery is low. And once I get that warning there isn't much juice left and the tablet shuts off within a few minutes thereafter.

As far as actual battery life, the tablet is great. So the battery isn't dying prematurely. I just have no idea when it's going to die since the % display isn't accurate.

Any ideas what can cause this?

And please don't suggest hogwash like deleting the batterystats.bin file, etc.

See less See more
#2 ·
What Tablet exactly do you have?
Some older Ainol tablets had a similar problem. It was due to a bad kernel driver.

Android gets the battery percentage straight from the Linux kernel. The kernel has a module/driver for the specific power management unit (PMU) used inside the tablet. The PMU supervises the battery and handles charging/discharging and supplying power at different voltages to different hardware parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.