• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Groobs

Groobs

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hi,

have there been any developments for the hannspree sn1at71?

#2 Ou2mame

Ou2mame

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

I just ordered one from Walmart, it hasn't come yet.. I was looking for root instructions and custom roms but found nothing. I figured if it sucks I can return it. My gf wanted to get her mom something cheap to see if she would use it before getting her a galaxy tab or ipad so we ordered two. Do you have it? What do you think of it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Ou2mame, 03 December 2013 - 03:59 AM.

#3 Groobs

Groobs

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

I can't seem to install any adb drivers, and the generic from pdanet is not working either. I emailed hannspree to no avail. The tablet is OK but not as fast as the sero pro from wally world....

#4 Ou2mame

Ou2mame

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm hoping I can find a way to root it at least, I'll make my own rom if I have to.

I'm really hoping that I can watch hockey while cooking dinner on it. I use the nhl game center app on my s3 now, with hdmi to the TV and that works great.

Edited by Ou2mame, 04 December 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#5 Ou2mame

Ou2mame

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

Alright well I got it today.. Its a little laggy in the interface, a new launcher fixed that. Swift key keyboard is too laggy for some reason so I use the stock Google keyboard. NHL gamecenter doesn't play live games, they get stuck on the nhl logo so that sucks. This is an issue with many devices though. Chrome doesn't work well at all. The stock browser works though. There is some compromise apparently. If I could freeze some apps I think this thing could be pretty good. It plays videos OK, games work too. The sound is quite good on it. The screen looks nice.. So maybe I'll keep it.

Sent from my HSG1279 using Tapatalk 2

#6 Ou2mame

Ou2mame

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2554384

In case anyone is looking for root info... Looks like root works, now we need a recovery that is stable.

#7 wankelrx8

wankelrx8

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

I have to agree with others, that the Chrome browser is very slow, practically unusable. I've tried several at this point, including Dolphin, Firefox, and Opera Mini. By far the fastest is Opera Mini. While the stock Android browser on this tablet is acceptable, Opera Mini responds much better, with almost iPad like fluidity. Try it and you will become a believer. I love Chrome on other devices because of they way it syncs my bookmarks, but it's too slow on this tablet.

I too, am anxiously waiting for development of a custom ROM that can improve upon overall sluggishness of this tablet. After all, a Quad-Core device should perform better than this. I assume that Hannspree did almost nothing to tune Android to make better use of the hardware on their tablet. I'm sure there are some sharp developers out there that can come up with some improvements. If I knew how, I'd surely try, but for now I'll just have to wait and remain hopeful.

#8 Ou2mame

Ou2mame

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

I have to agree with others, that the Chrome browser is very slow, practically unusable. I've tried several at this point, including Dolphin, Firefox, and Opera Mini. By far the fastest is Opera Mini. While the stock Android browser on this tablet is acceptable, Opera Mini responds much better, with almost iPad like fluidity. Try it and you will become a believer. I love Chrome on other devices because of they way it syncs my bookmarks, but it's too slow on this tablet.

I too, am anxiously waiting for development of a custom ROM that can improve upon overall sluggishness of this tablet. After all, a Quad-Core device should perform better than this. I assume that Hannspree did almost nothing to tune Android to make better use of the hardware on their tablet. I'm sure there are some sharp developers out there that can come up with some improvements. If I knew how, I'd surely try, but for now I'll just have to wait and remain hopeful.

I going to return mine. I don't think that any ROM can make this tab much better. The GPU is junk and the CPU is basically a lie. I ended up getting 2 Asus me301ts cheap. I had high hopes for the hannspree but its built on lies. I can't trust that.

#9 wankelrx8

wankelrx8

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Alright well I got it today.. Its a little laggy in the interface, a new launcher fixed that. Swift key keyboard is too laggy for some reason so I use the stock Google keyboard. NHL gamecenter doesn't play live games, they get stuck on the nhl logo so that sucks. This is an issue with many devices though. Chrome doesn't work well at all. The stock browser works though. There is some compromise apparently. If I could freeze some apps I think this thing could be pretty good. It plays videos OK, games work too. The sound is quite good on it. The screen looks nice.. So maybe I'll keep it.

Can you please explain how you installed the new launcher? Do I have to root the device before doing so?

#10 Ou2mame

Ou2mame

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

I just downloaded Nova launcher from the play store

#11 cxz

cxz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

HANNSpree sn1at71 (HSG1279) stock firmwares

RAR files are for Actions' PAD product tool and the ZIP files are flashed from the SD card (see the pdf).
PAD product tool http://www.slatedroi....oper-editions/

The older rar is 4.11 and the other one is 4.22.

https://mega.co.nz/#...AAuaoWxmBzdEtmQ