Case for the G Tablet

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 alleykat2020

alleykat2020

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 02:56 PM

Bought me a leather case for my Gtablet. Looked professional but it made the Gtablet too heavy.

As luck would have it, I found a polycarb hard shield on Amazon. I ordered the black, but it's available in clear.

Fits like a glove. I also ordered a neoprene carrying case. Here are the links:-

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i00_details - Hard case

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i00_details - Neoprene case (tight fit but I like it)

#82 treybraid

treybraid

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

Does anyone know of any case's similar to the Otterbox or Trident that will fit the G-Tablet. anyone know of anything- I bought one from www.goballisticcase.com for a XOOM Tablet and it didn't fit at all...

Trey

#83 VDoubleUVR6

VDoubleUVR6

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:38 AM

Bought me a leather case for my Gtablet. Looked professional but it made the Gtablet too heavy.

As luck would have it, I found a polycarb hard shield on Amazon. I ordered the black, but it's available in clear.

Fits like a glove. I also ordered a neoprene carrying case. Here are the links:-

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i00_details - Hard case

http://www.amazon.co...s00_i00_details - Neoprene case (tight fit but I like it)

Just ordered that same polycarb cover for my gtablet this morning from Amazon. Now just have to wait for it to arrive.

#84 bfoster68

bfoster68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Just ordered that same polycarb cover for my gtablet this morning from Amazon. Now just have to wait for it to arrive.

Let us know how you like it.

#85 bfoster68

bfoster68

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:14 AM

What ROM do you have on your G-tab? wondering how well the keyboard works and about drivers for the USB keyboard.

I actually use a HP touchpad bluetooth keyboard with the Team DRH ICS rom.
The keyboard works really well.

B

#86 VDoubleUVR6

VDoubleUVR6

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

Let us know how you like it.

Well the Greatshield back cover arrived today. First impression wasn't what I was expecting...I was thinking it was more like the material like those Cruzerlite covers are made of for phones. This is actually just hard plastic with a painted black soft touch paint on it, kind of like the soft touch plastics found in many cars. Actually VZW sells sliding belt holsters which are pretty much the same concept as this cover. Either way its another layer on the back of the tablet that adds a little bit more thickness which I actually don't mind plus the soft touch paint gives it more grip.

All ports and physical buttons are exposed which is great but the only thing which could bother some is access to the micro sdcard slot/USB port cover is a little difficult. You will have to peel the back cover off slightly to get it opened if you access that slot and port. Oh getting this thing off is kind of a pain since the tablet is a little bigger than a phone. I find sitting on the couch while trying to get the cover off is better just incase things go flying.

Anyways on to the pictures (sorry for the blurry pictures, these were taken with my Droid X):

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by VDoubleUVR6, 04 March 2012 - 09:51 AM.

• dsga1 likes this

#87 dsga1

dsga1

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I purchased the faux leather Viewsonic G-Pad case easily found Amazon.

While the case does have holes in all the correct place, the G-Tablet itself slides around inside case. I added piece of card-board to take up "slack" of loose cover.
In addition, the portion of case that wraps under bottom edge slides loose far too easily.

J-case

#88 dsga1

dsga1

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Well the Greatshield back cover arrived today.

awesome -- thanks for posting the pics.

#89 Tantien

Tantien

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

+1 on the clip case. I tried one of the ones with the built-in usb keyboard and it was a total pain to use. The clip adjusts in so many ways it's the perfect case for the G-tab in my opinion.

Posted Image

I just got this one too and also had the USB Keyboard case (liked that for a while but it quickly loosened up and held it insecurely) but this one has totally changed my use and affection for this tablet. Here's what I said on my Amazon review of this case:

"This sleek white case has one primary redeeming feature that I really enjoy: the three angled grooves where the tablet sits work perfectly. These have increased my use of the gTablet simply by giving me more angles to work with.

And when it's time to close down for the day, the slimness of the case is attractive, protective, and yet keeps the charging port open. It feels secure when closed and adds minimal bulk to the tablet.

So far the cover is rigid and well padded but we'll see if it softens with age and becomes less secure. I hope the material within the covers is a stiff plastic and not some fiberboard (which seems likely given the corners and side clamps grasping the tablet are secured with extensions of the same case material).

But this so far is a really great cover. The one minor very flaw is that it partially covers the lower part of the USB/MicroSD cover on the left side, but I can easily live with that."

Tantien

"The great way is not difficult for those who have no preferences."

#90 jwiv

jwiv

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

I had picked up this case - http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00 in April. Since then, one of the corner tabs has already broken. So not the best quality thing around. It does however look nice, and has the nice horizontal stand, which is nice for watching videos.

#91 zaki

zaki

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:31 AM

I had picked up this case - http://www.amazon.co...ils_o00_s00_i00 in April. Since then, one of the corner tabs has already broken. So not the best quality thing around. It does however look nice, and has the nice horizontal stand, which is nice for watching videos.

Forget it..Its the cheapest PU leather case with cost about $2.7-3.8$/pcs
This one is better:Black and Brown like suede

recommend.

Edited by zaki, 15 August 2012 - 01:33 AM.

#92 Daytonian

Daytonian

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Does anyone think a Toshiba Thrive case would work for the GTab? Dimensions are fairly similar:
GTab - 10.5 x 0.54 x 6.8
Thrive - 10.75x 0.62 x 6.97

#93 zaki

zaki

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

Does anyone think a Toshiba Thrive case would work for the GTab? Dimensions are fairly similar:
GTab - 10.5 x 0.54 x 6.8
Thrive - 10.75x 0.62 x 6.97

I think you can if you dont mind the ports.
Here you are some pics.
Attached File  100_9146.JPG   785.46KB   17 downloads
Attached File  100_9150.JPG   840.95KB   18 downloads
Attached File  100_9151.JPG   712.75KB   13 downloads

#94 ABQ_Jammer

ABQ_Jammer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationABQ, NM

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

I think you can if you dont mind the ports.
Here you are some pics.
Attached File  100_9146.JPG   785.46KB   17 downloads
Attached File  100_9150.JPG   840.95KB   18 downloads
Attached File  100_9151.JPG   712.75KB   13 downloads

Seems to me like it should fit, though it might flop around a bit, since the Thrive is slightly larger on all sides.

#95 mike ekim

mike ekim

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Well the Greatshield back cover arrived today.

Oh getting this thing off is kind of a pain since the tablet is a little bigger than a phone. I find sitting on the couch while trying to get the cover off is better just incase things go flying.

If this case was mounted to a bracket do you think it could secure the gTab well enough to use is as a car dock? If you hold the case by the edges and shake when the tablet is facing down, will the tablet stay in the case or will it just fall out?

#96 CADCAM

CADCAM

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Forget it..Its the cheapest PU leather case with cost about $2.7-3.8$/pcs
This one is better:Black and Brown like suede

recommend.

thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users