Cannot find internal memory

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 kylemax

kylemax

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:47 PM

When I try to download books it says that internal memory not found and it won't do anything. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 Zero7

Zero7

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:15 PM

Please mention which mod you are using. Are you using PDN out of the box or using any other mod?

#3 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

We need WAY more info.A. What modifications have you made to the PDN, if any?B. Are you using the White one or the Black PDN?C. Where are you trying to DL the books from.Come on, give us something to work on. Do you have an SD card inserted? Does the device appear on your computer when the USB cable is plugged in? Lemme take a wild guess, you're accessing the PDN through a Windows system with the proper adb drivers installed and trying to download to Aldiko over wifi from Calibre? No, you're using Laputa? If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you must be having trouble downloading from Barnes and Noble using the stock eReader that comes with the device. I'm still guessing. Kindle is having problems syncing with Amazon.com? Borders app just won't work?Can I buy a vowel? Phone a friend? Rule 482 of internet user group forums. Only good questions get good answers.

#4 kylemax

kylemax

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:35 PM

I have a white pdn that has no mods. The usb can connect to the computer but I cannot upgrade without an sd card. It says it can't find it when i try downloading it directly from Pandigital. When I try downloading any books it just says it has no internal memory. I popped out the mini sd and put it in the computer and it found it. Should I format it and if so is it fat32? Hope the more info helps.

#5 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:32 PM

You took out the internal micro card? Put it back in the PDN and buy a card for the external slot.Answer this. when you plug in the device to the computer, do two cards show up, one named PD_Novel and the other SD_Card?If you're calling the external SD card the "mini sd" that you took out and it's not reading, then formatting it FAT 32 is appropriate. If that still doesn't work, then see my first suggestion, buy a new card.

#6 kylemax

kylemax

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

The sd card shows up when inserted into the novel but the internal micro sd does not. When I take out the micro sd and insert it into my computer it shows up. That is why I don't think it is the micro sd's card but something to do with the novel.

#7 rokky

rokky

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:50 PM

The sd card shows up when inserted into the novel but the internal micro sd does not. When I take out the micro sd and insert it into my computer it shows up. That is why I don't think it is the micro sd's card but something to do with the novel.

On your computer does the microSD have a volume label name of PD_NOVEL and several directories, including "download" and "ebooks"? I think you will at least need those 2 directories (if not the full list besides the 2 I already listed: "Digital Editions", "LOST.DIR", "Music", "Photos", "Videos"). I found that a new, larger card without those directories was not recognized by my PDN until I manually created those directories. Another such used card simply would not be recognized by the PDN, even with those directories, as if it was not seating properly, but it works ok in several other devices such as a smartphone and a PC card reader - just not the PDN. HTH

#8 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

When I try to download books it says that internal memory not found and it won't do anything. --parse this. Where are you downloading books from? This is with the microsdcard still in? What does "it won't do anything mean?"The usb can connect to the computer but I cannot upgrade without an sd card. -- I'm not sure what this means. you plug into the usb port and... it finds the novel? Upgrade fw? you mean?It says it can't find it when i try downloading it directly from Pandigital. -- "it" "it" "it" "it"? Need some nouns. If you're downloading fw, it's best to download it to an sd card, put that sd card into the novel, and install from there.When I try downloading any books it just says it has no internal memory.--again, from where?

#9 kylemax

kylemax

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

O.k. My Pandigital Novel has no internal memory showing. When I try to download a book from the Barnes and Noble website on my Novel it says it cannot download because there is no internal memory found. This is when I am trying to download the book through the wireless network when I go to my library on the Novel. I have pulled out the internal micro sd card and put the card directly into my computer through it's external slot and it can find it and the files show on the card. When I plug the novel via usb the computer can't find the internal micro sd card although it can find the external sd card. I just want to know how to get the Novel to recognize the internal micro sd card again. I am not sure what else to tell you. If you have some other questions that I could help to resolve my problem I would appreciate it.

#10 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,272 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:47 PM

Make sure you internal microSD is seated and latched properly in your PDN. Plug your PDN into your computer with the provided usb cable. (with the microSD in your PDN). When you view the Novel on your PC, do you see the volume label PD_Novel? This is the name the PDN gives the microSD. If you see the volume label, you can proceed to unmount (safely remove hardware) your PDN and try your book download again. If you have already done this, leave your microSD in your PDN and update your FW through the usb and Pandigital's updater program or with an external SD that you downloaded the FW to. Then try downloading your books again.

#11 kylemax

kylemax

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

mrsburnout thanks for the advice but I have done all what you said before. It is seated properly and have done the updater progam but it still can't find the internal memory. When I plug the PDN into the computer via usb it only shows the external sd card not the PD_Novel card micro sd card but when I take the micro sd card out of the PDN and plug it directly into my computer port the computer does see the micro sd card with the label PD_Novel label.

#12 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,272 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:41 AM

If your device is not recognizing the internal microSD, and you have updated the FW with the microSD in the PDN, I would recommend exchanging it at your place of purchase. Maybe the pins are bad on your internal microSD slot.Here is a pictorial on Pandigital's site for removing and replacing the microSD. Best to zoom the page to see the pics.Pandigital » Pandigital Novel Android Open Platform kit. (White version)

#13 rokky

rokky

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:16 PM

Pandigital » Pandigital Novel Android Open Platform kit. (White version)[/url]

That, or try a new microSD card (labeled and with directories added per my previous post) - you want a bigger one anyway, right?Do be sure to get a decent quality card.HTH

#14 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:34 PM

I'm not convinced that it means the microsdcard. It may mean ram/rom. If it's at all possible to take the thing back for an exchange, try doing that. If not, do this: format the micro sd card in your laptop - you will lose anything and everything on there. Get a clean, full install of a stock firmware (7-24 is my favorite) onto an sdcard (not micro sd) - make sure no other files are on that sdcard. with the device off, put the micro sd card in, put the sd card in. On the first boot, flash the stock fw onto the device - hold power and volume up until you see the android unpack graphic.It sounds to me like somehow the file structure on your microsd card got corrupted and the novel can't find something it needs. flashing hasn't helped because it still can't find what it needs and flashing hasn't moved or replaced that missing thing.