Android Tablets Forum banner

Inside view of a rev 7 M001

10K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  grunf 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Received my M001 today (June 14 2010) from Deal Extreme.and the Mainboard is different than the pictures already postedMain board is M001 V7 20100507 (USB wifi is under the speaker with usb connection close to the connectors)CPU daughter board is CPU8505 V3

See less See more
#6 ·
projectgus;7960 said:
Interesting they've added black electrical tape around the LEDs to stop the light bleeding between the three indicator 'windows' in the case. My v006 didn't have that.
nope, it's pure Canadian Duct tape; installed by a French-Canadian (me) as I don't have model paint....

#7 ·
[quote name='Smog;7987]nope' date=' it's pure Canadian Duct tape; installed by a French-Canadian (me) as I don't have model paint....[/QUOTE']lolwhich upgrades are you guys seeing in there?

#8 ·
Hehe, nice job with the duct tape.[quote name='itanium;8001]which upgrades are you guys seeing in there?[/QUOTE] Even though they've bumped the revision on the CPU daughterboard as well' date=' I can't see any substantial changes between this V007/V3 and mine which is V006/V2. Here's mine: [url']http://projectgus.com/files/eken/images/eken-fullsize-9.jpg[/url]My guess is just minor cleanup, changes to the assembly/construction process, or a different manufacturer for the RAM or NAND flash. With a bit of luck they've improved the quality of either the board (flexy!) or the solder joints, but I wouldn't count on it.
.That's a different battery to mine, though. Looks like there are a few different battery suppliers.

#9 ·
projectgus;8005]Hehe said:
http://projectgus.com/files/eken/images/eken-fullsize-9.jpg[/url]My guess is just minor cleanup, changes to the assembly/construction process, or a different manufacturer for the RAM or NAND flash. With a bit of luck they've improved the quality of either the board (flexy!) or the solder joints, but I wouldn't count on it.
.That's a different battery to mine, though. Looks like there are a few different battery suppliers.
For now I've noticed that there's a difference between yours (and yoda's) to Aimless (from his 'teardown). If I'm not mistaken, Aimless had the wireless radio close to the usb port. It had bout 2-3cm wires (maximum) from what I could see. Yours have a really long wire, crossing the entire board. Maybe a better place to put the radio on?I'm with you regarding RAM/NAND however it'd be great to spot new stuff here and even more...it'd be great to disassemble a 256MB RAM or 4GB flash memory! So it'd be better to understand differences and match them up with pro modding.

#10 ·
[quote name='itanium;8007]For now I've noticed that there's a difference between yours (and yoda's) to Aimless (from his 'teardown). If I'm not mistaken' date=' Aimless had the wireless radio close to the usb port. It had bout 2-3cm wires (maximum) from what I could see. Yours have a really long wire, crossing the entire board. Maybe a better place to put the radio on?[/QUOTE']On the rev 5 mainboard, the wifi radio is glued on the steel LCD backing and this is VERY bad for any radio reception. (see all the threads about the weak wifi reception)On my rev 7, the wifi key is away from the LCD and wifi reception is ok and similar to my iphone 2g (not top of the line but ok)

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
I will open mine (again !) and post pics and will look for Revision #. The vendor I got this from used it for a while, so I "cleaned" it with the reset button shortly after I got it...Two days later flash updated to WMT 2.0...Works a treat...Revision 7... and for Rhysu. L(2 3/8 or 56mm) x H(3/8 or 5mm) x W(3 3/4 or 96mm) are there 2 Li-Po cells ?Oh and BTW...Time and Date NEVER are kept after cycling power...Anybody else seeing this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.