Android Tablets Forum banner

Problem using the RK3xxx Firmware Tools

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  geofferyh 
#1 ·
It seems to me that there are a goodly number of glitches in many third party ROM's found around the forums so I said to myself, "self, create or modify your own". Having now found and partially tamed the Windows based "RK3xxx Firmware Tools" by SergioPoverony, that is what I have done. This invaluable set of firmware tools makes modifying my PiPo UpU1 tablet RK3066 ROM a breeze. The firmware image, system and boot image tools took the PiPo factory ROM image file apart so as to reveal all the necessary elements needed to create a fully customized factory ROM.

Now for the fly in the ointment.

The ROM images have all been RK3066 and when I try to work with a RK3188 firmware image the tools fail. I have to perform a "Ctrl-Alt-Delete" just to close out of the software.

A "temp.img" gets created. A "temp" folder is created whos contents include an empty "system" folder, a "boot.bin" file and a "firmware.img" file. Thats it.

I am looking to know if others have encountered this problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.