Looking for touch panel (digitizer) for white PDN

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sykosoft

sykosoft

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 03:00 AM

Does anyone have a source for replacement touch panels (digitizers) for the white PDN? Mine is now cracked (thanks person who shall remain nameless), and therefore has any of my experimentation with it halted.Failing that, anyone have a busted pdn (with intact touch front glass) they want to sell?Michael

#2 aludal

aludal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCapitola, CA

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:04 AM

Someone here -- can't recall now -- has given a link to a sale (###########? Totobay? don't know) of exact panel model for ~$60 plus S&H from China.My suggestion back then was not so similar panel: one refurb 7" 800x480 from here (USA): Data Modul CLAA070LC0JCT 7" Color 800 x 480 TFT (Data Modul CES13737) : surpluscomputers.com for $17 + S&H.This last one can offer any serious DIYer an interesting experiment. After that, in this holiday season, you could probably buy a brand new WPDN for less than $80, so it's too close to the expenses for an exact model of PDN panel. Now, experience gained by you in tinkering with $17 panel could be of great help if you decide to build your own tablet basing on this Pandaboard Pandaboard. It's a $174 board, but before appearance of ARM15 tablets somewhere in 2012-2013, it can be the base of The Tablet, killer of all tablets, lol. Just browse through the board's specs.