Android Tablets Forum banner

Infotmic iMAPx15 tablet

46K views 38 replies 5 participants last post by  PS3AndroidHacker 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have acquired a fairly new generic 7" tablet which is hung on the boot animation. It is running 4.1.1. I think I have id'd the tablet as the following:

Item Type: Tablet PC
Tablet Data Capacity: 4GB

Screen size:7"

CPU:DUAL CORE 1.2GHz ,ARM Cortex-A5,infotmic IMAP X15

GPU:DUAL CORE Mali-400 3D GPU,2D GPU

Memory Capacity:512M

built in flash:4GB

TF card:up to 32GB

TOUCH PANEL:Capacitive Screen

Processor Main Frequency: Dual Core
Operating System: Google Android 4.1
Feature: Camera,wifi
3G:built 3G USB-Dongle (WCDMA,EVDO)
battery:3.7V/2000mA

I do believe I need to reflash this tablet, but since I don't have a lot of experience with this chip, I thought it wise to ask before I proceeded. thank you kindly in advance for any/all insights.

Through reading the posts on this forum, I do know the flashing process, I just need some direction for firmware location . Any help would be greatly appreciated! joeg

See less See more
#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
does it have a name, or is it called generic?

edit:
perhaps this is of some help? -> http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1048776
The posted link is for an older tablet. The tablet in question is new and has a newly released A5 Duo Core Chip. I do not believe the link would work with a duo core Chip. Please see original post for specs. The rom on the link was released in 2011 -- the tablet in question was released early this year.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
The tablet goes by many names ... here is a Y7053 tablet http://www.aliexpres..._606391423.html
The key issues are what the tablet does not include, i.e., HDMI and Volume buttons. There are numerous variations/Model names, but the key is to go by the chip, not photos. The specs are listed in the first post. The right firmware is the object of my search.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks, however, I believe these methods apply to firmware for reseting a Sylvania Resistive Screen Tablet that was shipped with a message that said "DO NOT UPDATE". This is a workaround for updating the tablet. This tablet was also shipped with a stylus. The above tablet, as you can see and read, is clearly capacitive.

Secondly, the "reset method" is for a completely different and much older tablet and assumes the tablet is up and running. It also assumes there is a "menu" button and/or "volume - and +" physical buttons. My tablet has neither only a power button.

If you have a similar tablet to the one listed on the first post, I would be cautious and use the firmware (4.1.1) that will handle a Dual Core CPU and a capacitive screen and not try to a burn Froyo firmware.

Thanks anyway.

#17 · (Edited by Moderator)
perhaps it's better for you to make a thread in the infotmic section -> http://www.slatedroi...um/15-infotmic/

I believe they have much better knowledge with that tablet than I do.
I disagree. My tablet is a Cortex A5 dual core. Look at the heading of this thread -- "Cortex A5".

Most of the firmwares in the thread you suggest are for older, single core, 2.2 Android infotmic tablets.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)
good afternoon Joe G. I found this Pagna with infotmic tablet dispensers, Do a filter to see only those that resemble our teams

http://www.alibaba.c...,48-350286.html
Thanks. All of these tablets have the volume buttons as well as HDMI . . . mine has neither -- only a power button. Oh, update.... my tablet has quit working. No life at all. So, the rom I flashed it with might have bricked it . Now the search includes bringing the little tablet back to life. joeg

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have same device as Joe G. with A5 iMAP x15 firmware.no hardware keys. can someone tell me how to enter in fastboot? any options to install TWR (Team win recovery)

edit:
In broshure shiped with device stay:
IMAPx15
Procesor: Cortex A5, dual core, 1.2Ghz
GPU: Mali 400, quad core
Display: 7", 16:9, LCD 5 Point Capacitive Multi Touch Display
Display Resolution: 1024x600
RAM: 1GB DDR3
Memory: Internal: 4GB
Micro SD Card up to 32GB
0,3 Megapixel Rear Camera

but, in Antutu device Info stay:

Brand: Infotmic
Model: CT70_C2
CPU Model:Dual-core ARMv7 Processor (VFPv3,NEON)

So, now I am not shure is this CortexA5. Maybe is there other software to determin device specs?

#31 · (Edited by Moderator)
If it is truly like mine, with no physical buttons except power, why/how could you boot into recovery mode -- not fastboot, which is for phones. How would you navigate through each option?? Now, most apps will read the software loaded and not the hardware, but you could try downloading Antutu benchmark app and it should give you some idea. Hope this helps. joeg

#38 ·
Thats interesting but I download TWRP manually, put it on my SD card, and then tried to flash it with recovery tools and then tried to reboot into TWRP recovery. It was still the factory recovery screen. Guess I'll have to try CWM. Any other help is greatly appreciated. This was done on my imapx15 Infotmic ZX-X15 Cortex-A5.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.