Photo

(ROM) New Generic Flytouch (Just get your tablet and already bricked it? Try this.)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 mohtam

mohtam

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:33 PM

I also managed to make this ROM Arabic enabled, I can now write and read Arabic in my device. If someone interested I can upload the file either to Rapidshare or to Hotfiles.

#22 mohtam

mohtam

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

Can someone provide us with a working Android Market on apk format?

#23 magistus

magistus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:17 PM

Just the script folder.

#24 vt691414

vt691414

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

The touchscreen don't works

#25 inchi78

inchi78

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Where I can download the original WMT2.0_105?

#26 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 05:48 AM

if the touchscreen doesnt work, then this rom is not designed for you ipad..the orriginal, is on the the first post

#27 macker

macker

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

I have a 2.0_105 from Morgan Computers. None of the ROMs here quite work. They all are almost working, but actsas if the user is continually pressing the volume buttons.Has anyone seen these symptoms before and does anyone have any suggestions?To me it looks like the hardware on this unit is just slightly different, i.e. the ROMs are expecting hardware volume buttons but this Morgan unit doesn't have any! How can I disable an android kernel from paying any attention to these buttons?Thanks!

#28 raionen

raionen

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 04:18 AM

does this rom have working market ?

#29 Guest_BugMeNot_*

Guest_BugMeNot_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:22 PM

[quote name='zianna123;86220]if the touchscreen doesnt work' date=' then this rom is not designed for you ipad..the orriginal, is on the the first post[/QUOTE']the original is OEM_WMT2.0_105_script2.0 ?I tried 1.9 v03 root,market but it bricked my pad. it was revived with Generic 1.9 from forum but hibernate/standby does not work, randomly pad wakes up so battery draind in a few hours with no use.Originaly it had a V2.0_88 Rom when shipped. I bought from ###### late Sept and does NOT have the icons on case like in http://www.slatedroi...mt2-0-build-36/Should I try other roms from this thread or NOT?

#30 paraflow

paraflow

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

Thanks Zianna123,I do manage to root it. But has no idea how this will help me with my WMT2.0_105If I get it right you advice us to do:1. Update update.sh script (but how I have no idea), or use the provided firm ware by you.1.5 Include the signed su in /script/pre_root/system/bin ?2. Copy folder su from /system/bin/ to /busybox/bin/ with all the subdirectories with su cp -R3. Chmod it to root (May you explain further?)4. Add the suid (have no idea what is that and where I can find it)One final question: :)Will I be able to make the 1.9_088 v0.3k to work with my device, just with following your steps?Sorry for this huge question :)I'm just lost without outside help!Thanks in advanceAngelP.S. my device was vibrating on startup with it's first rom and the rom provided by zianna123

#31 mdarscott

mdarscott

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:26 AM

@paraflowZianna has provided a rom that is already rooted so you can just flash it and skip all those other steps. Zianna's rom is here:Download script.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way(credit to Zianna, I'm just putting it because I can post the working link)Now my question:I have flashed with Zianna's rom above but it does not have the android marketplace appSo I unpacked a vending.apk from Rudroid and installed that (go ahead and laugh at the nOOb if you think this was very naive)Then I did the market fix in the wiki everything seemed fineWhen I try it I get a white screen that says 'Loading ...' very briefly and then back to HomeI'm stuck, any ideas out there?

#32 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

Thanks mdarscott for posting the link.I find it wierd that you guys dont have market. or maybe i use a different market to you. but if i look at my apps list on my Droid , see App Market, and it works properly, i used it to download 3 free apps, so i assume it's working properly.

#33 paraflow

paraflow

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:44 AM

[quote name='zianna123;88887]Thanks mdarscott for posting the link.I find it wierd that you guys dont have market. or maybe i use a different market to you. but if i look at my apps list on my Droid ' date=' see App Market, and it works properly, i used it to download 3 free apps, so i assume it's working properly.[/QUOTE'] Hi Zianna123 and thanks again for all your efforts!I have the App Market as well and it is running fine with successful installations so far.But I don't think this is the official Android Market?Do you have any ideas, how to make 1.9_088 v0.3k(or 0.4a Rudroid) work on our devices?Thanks.

#34 mdarscott

mdarscott

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

Hi guys,Well there are a few of us interested in this problem - that is, I guess, a few of us with this particular WMT2.0_105 build. Maybe we can pool some resources. Here's a long post to explain my sometimes vague and wooly understanding of where I am.The app market that comes installed with our build is not the Android app market (Google) but what I think they call 'China apps'. If you search for 'Android apps' on Google you can find many apps in packages with extension .apk that you can copy to your SD card and install with PK Manager (package manager?). This way you can get a whole load of interesting apps for your MID. But not Market.Here's where it gets vague. I am guessing that when you connect to Android.com, it detects what device you are using because you are connecting through the market app installed on you MID (or some other way). If you have Market working, then it displays information about various apps and lets you click a button to download or buy them. Because Market is not working on my MID, I go to android.com through the browser app and all I see is the info about the apps: there are no buttons letting me download. What's worse (for me) is that if you go to the Google mobile page, they describe all the mobile apps - gmail, calendar, etc. - and tell you that they will sync automatically with your device through Google sync. But Google sync does not recognize my MID as a mobile device and I cannot get the apps to work. I am guessing that the Market problem and the sync problem are the same or related.As I say, this is how I am guessing it is supposed to work, but I have never seen it work because my device is not recognized.I have tried to fake out android.com by extracting a version of vending.apk (the app package for Market) from one of the other flytouch roms and installing it through PK Manager. It seemed to install OK, I had the icon on my MID. Then I went through the procedure to fix Market described in the Wiki: Fix Market For Slates - Wiki. Again this seemed to work fine. But when I launch the app it says 'Loading...' briefly and then closes again.My theories:1. There is something in the vending.apk that is device-specific so that you need the vending.apk for your device.2. There are some other components besides the vending.apk that need to be installed.I would love to get Rudroid working on our version. The first problem is that I don't know why it is not working. Again a guess: there is a particular piece of hardware (or more than one) that requires its own driver different from the ones in Rudroid.The best would be to substitute the drivers in the Rudroid rom with the drivers needed by our device. But I have no idea how that might be accomplished. Nor do I know whether the problem is limited to drivers or whether there are other device-specific issues.That's as far as I have come. Any corrections to errors in the above are very welcome. And any ideas on how to move forward from here are more than welcome.

#35 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

hiya Guysfrom poking around in the source code for a few days now, i feel the device gets identified by a variable, kpadid=wms8088b_14 and wmt.model=8105bi am actualy using my mid as a robot controller (Brain) so havnt botherd to realy use it as a true mid. but i will get this up and running as a mid for you guys ..some cool tricks i have learnt so far for those who like to poke and enhance like i do.drop to a shell and type "setenv iLike style2" (this gives cool icons, and removes the need to swipe to unlock)"setenv powerhold 0" (this makes it that you only need to push the power button once to turn on, and also enables the hiberante feature to work properly) i have managed to combine the ruderiod rom and our rom to get it to work (adding the correct drivers etc) but my hacker brain says version 2.0 looks nicer than 1.9i will get the proper app.market up and running for you guys and post soon.regards

#36 mdarscott

mdarscott

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

Zianna,Do it! Please! I, for one, will be extremely grateful.

#37 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

ok it's done google app market works (actualy its the full Ruderoid rom) made to work on our devices. i am just cleaning it up a bit and adding a few tweaks, will upload it later today

#38 paulokinho

paulokinho

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

zianna, you re the man, thanks for making it happens, maybe you can make this rom (www androidtablets net /forum /gome-flytouch /2136-tipstirs-epad-extreme-rom-mod-7e20105-11-8-10-a html) work too? The author have said this is an extreme ROM in performance gain over stock wmt2.0_105...

#39 cliza026

cliza026

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:18 AM

It works!! Thank you Much!! ^_^Now that my Flytouch is fixed, can i flash it to an updated english version??this version is in chinese right??Another one is when i put my 2 gig sd, my flytouch is having a problem in booting..but when it's 1 gig sd card my flytouch boots properly..Thanks for this!!

#40 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:37 AM

here we go guys, rooted with market. works on my Irobot.dont panic if the initial boot takes a long time, on mine it takes around 45 seconds to start the first time.hopefully with this you guys can load the software you want. i am moving on to make a fast lean controller now. stripping out all the mid stuff.. ring tones, music , dialer, phone stuff etc..i am making a wifi linux board that drives a group of motors. on a robot. and will be focusing on developing for that.as per always, flash with care, make sure you are plugged in. and i take no responsobility if you flash this on a device that it was not intended for.Download script.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way