Photo

(ROM) New Generic Flytouch (Just get your tablet and already bricked it? Try this.)

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 TheZ

TheZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 24 October 2010 - 03:19 PM

http://www.slatedroi...slate_ports-jpgFlytouch Group DiscussionROM with: Android OS v1.6 Build WMT2.0_105

#2 TheZ

TheZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

appreciate it tip

#3 tonyric

tonyric

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

Just what I need...when I flashed the rom with the FW 1.9.88v4a my flytouch (WMT 2.0_105) suddenly stopped booting..I tried all the other ROMs in this site but to no avail...so I hope this one will revive my flytouch...ao others beware of flashing your ROMs with incompatible firmwares...thank you so much for the poster.

#4 tonyric

tonyric

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 10:17 PM

I can't seem to flash the ROM with this firmware...it stops with the message of process system error...any ideas sirs?

#5 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:38 AM

Hi Guysfirst off, a quick thanks, this Rom works on the newer Generic WM8505+ Irobots, i managed to cook the Ruderoid and combine it with this one, so that it has a beter startup bmp, and animation. and in English. cant seem to root it yet, but havnt spent much time working on that.the good news is if you open your Ipad (the one with the pictures for headphone etc) they where nice enough to bing out the jtag points on the daughter cpu. so for those who have totaly bricked your devices by flashing OEM Flytouch roms, you can always use jtag to revive it.edEDIT *** it's rooted ***you need to change the update.sh script and copy /system/bin/su to /busybox/bin/su chmod it to root and add the suid.im starting to like this droid stuff :)

#6 TheZ

TheZ

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:48 AM

zianna if you have an updated version of this ROM you can send it to me and I can post it up in the group with all credit to you.

#7 spdzo

spdzo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:55 PM

its just me. or the DL link is down?

#8 akono

akono

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 03:04 AM

i have tryed rom. setup is ok, but i can't unlock the screen.

#9 scooter1

scooter1

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:47 PM

I had to flash with the m001 original firmware first. It will not show the boot screen after the flash. Once the tablet is flashed with the m001 then flash with the rom above. This is what worked for me.

#10 mohtam

mohtam

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:51 PM

Can we have the same after rooting and with the market if possible, I am new to this and I don't know how to root it.

#11 mdarscott

mdarscott

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

its just me. or the DL link is down?

I found the rom elsewhere on the Internet:Download EPAD256.1.988.3k.7zI too bricked my WMT2.0_105. Mine was a "Flypad" from the BuyADroid store. Tried several of the roms but they all gave me the Process system is not responding error. Flashed with the rom above and, although it looks a little different (better actually) it all works the same as before. Phew! I'm looking for a rooted rom to go with this model and as soon as I find one I will post it here.

#12 mohtam

mohtam

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 03:25 AM

It will be great to have the same ROM rooted with Market, can someone help?

#13 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 01:42 PM

hi guys i will post my rooted rom in the A.M , i have totaly blown my internet cap for this month. for those who want it to work on other roms and not the mix match WMT2.0_105 i made, all i done was included the signed su in /script/pre_root/system/bin folderthen flash as normal. when the rom is up. drop to a shell, change directory to /system/bin and run ./suwhen u are root copy su from /system/bin to /busybox/bin. ;)

#14 Eugenio

Eugenio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Zianna.- Could you post a link of your modified ROM so we "troubled ones" can make our bricks up and running? Many many thanks.

#15 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:09 AM

HI Guyshere is my rooted rom (well i can't exactly call it my own, as all i done was got the root working) and replaced the startup bmp and animation from the RUDROID rom, also changed everything to english.as per any flashing instructions, i take no responsibility for bricks, loss of data etc.. this flash is only for the newer GENERIC 256MB flytouch clones, WMT2.0_105 etc...link : oops cant post link, my account is too newwww sendspace com/ file/ 21egoj

#16 Eugenio

Eugenio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:21 AM

Hello Zianna, if you can not post the link, could you send me the link at my email? eugenio_thompson at hotmailMany thanks.

#17 zianna123

zianna123

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:25 AM

the link is there... just take out the spaces

#18 mohtam

mohtam

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:49 AM

It works for Me, thanks.

#19 magistus

magistus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

[quote name='zianna123;85030]HI Guyshere is my rooted rom (well i can't exactly call it my own' date=' as all i done was got the root working) and replaced the startup bmp and animation from the RUDROID rom, also changed everything to english.as per any flashing instructions, i take no responsibility for bricks, loss of data etc.. this flash is only for the newer GENERIC 256MB flytouch clones, WMT2.0_105 etc...link : oops cant post link, my account is too newwww sendspace com/ file/ 21egoj[/QUOTE'] What files do you replace to change the anamation logo?

#20 Eugenio

Eugenio

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:12 PM

OK..I have to admit i am REALLY REALLYYY stupid.... There are 2 Files : SCRIPT, and _MACOSX (wich also has a SCRIPT on it)... Which one should i unzip to my SD card? Should i unzip both of them? Should i include the _MACOSX script on the other SCRIPT? Can someone enlight this retarded mind? Thanks alot.