Any one with Ainol ax1?

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#101 ikhsanstan

ikhsanstan

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

I've update the firmware, change from numy to poseidon.

But it doesn't fix the softkey issues.
Gps receiver never lock as well.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

#102 aryacebe

aryacebe

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:59 AM

OK Guys here's a good news!!!

After "almost" bricking my tablet I managed to make CWM recovery for Ainol Novo Numy AX1 using MTK Tools and SP Flash tools :) :)

So here's what you need to do to install CWM Recovery!

1. Download latest version of MTK Flash Tool from HERE and install it
2. Download MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc from attachments
3. Download MT6589 USB VCOM drivers from attachments, extract and install them on your PC (install win7 drivers for win8)
4. Download file Numy-3G-AX1_by_Awais_Niazi.zip from attachments and extract it (yes it is the CWM recovery image)
5. Open MTK Flash Tool, click scatter loading button and select the previously downloaded MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc file
6. Turn off your tablet and make sure it is not connected to your PC
7. Make sure that all options under "name" are un-checked
8. Click recovery (found under name) and select Numy-3G-AX1_by_Awais_Niazi.img file that you just downloaded. You will be prompted that you have only one option checked... bla bla... dont worry and select OK/Yes
9. Make sure that only RECOVERY option is checked and then click download button (you will notice that Stop button becomes active)
10. While your tablet is off, connect it to your PC and wait for the magic (if the tab turns on and shows charging icon, something went wrong. retry!)
11. You will see a green circle showing that the process is complete...

Voila! you now have CWM Recovery installed!!!

PS: Please hit "vote up" button if it worked (and I'm confident that it will) :) My advice would be to do a nandroid backup first, right after installing CWM and copying it to a safe place in your PC because we might be having a custom ROM til next weekend (I wont promise but will definitely try to take some time)

EDIT: (v2) external memory card mount issue resolved. Now you can chose files from external sd in CWM :)

Awais Niazi

[Q] I have done all the instructions that have been given, every file I've downloaded and I have done all the steps up to the green circle appears, but when I press power and volume down button on my Numy, the Clockwork Mod CAN NOT be opened, RECOVERY remain as standard stock, and the language is Chinese, so I do not know how to choose which menu (I can not understand chinese). Is there any solution so that I can install CWM in my Numy AX1?

BTW, on stage 8, I do not have a warning "that you have only one option .. blah ..", does it matter?, But I found a warning after I load the file NUMY-3G-AX1_by_Awais_Niazi.img, then I click the download button a warning sign appears like this, "Not ALL images are correctly loaded, which may cause boot up issue! Do you still want to go on downloading anyway?", and after that I click the Yes button.

Here I attach the picture of recovery that after I did all the steps above.

Attached File  IMG000005.jpg   37.32KB   40 downloads

#103 aryacebe

aryacebe

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:42 AM

The stock camera software on my AX1 is *oops-pictures are washed out on
all settings except one. Installed Cymera and it works great so I know it
is a software issuse. ...

Yes, I agree if it's software issue. I've downloaded Cymera but the images while using Cymera application less focus, and I think still blurry. I can make the images from the Numy's rear camera into focus, but the focus is not always good permanent, I use the Shot Control applications that can be downloaded in a play store, but this application was not fully permanent help the Numy's camera focus problem. Numy's camera will again be blurry or uses macro mode when I use the stock camera application or when the camera is doing auto-focus.

I am attaching a picture when the Numy's rear camera is in best focus when to shoot long distances object.

Attached File  1385079105084.jpg   291.65KB   22 downloads

#104 aryacebe

aryacebe

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

I've update the firmware, change from numy to poseidon.

But it doesn't fix the softkey issues.
Gps receiver never lock as well.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

My Numy's gps just have same problem like you, but now is not anymore, cuz I have try the procedures in the link below.

http://www.gizchina....ediatek-phones/

#105 tote

tote

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

The stock camera software on my AX1 is *oops-pictures are washed out on
all settings except one. Installed Cymera and it works great so I know it
is a software issuse.

Sound out of the speaker is not great also-another software problem?

When I boot up my screen is gray and white-I have a Numy AX1 that I bought here
in China. I have seen the unboxing of a Poseidon and when it boots it is in color.

What I am wondering is if the AX1 for overseas (US) have a different ROM and maybe that
is where some of my problems come from (also the screen kinda sucks)

I was wondering if someone could upload the ROM for the Poseidon and I could try to
flash that and see what happens.

Everything else is good on it-right now I am on a road trip in the north of China and 3G
is working great, wifi is great, battery life is good, camera works great with the other
software and the speed on this thing is 100 times better than my old Aurora.

thanxxxxxxxxxxxx

#106 pneves74

pneves74

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:50 AM

My Numy's gps just have same problem like you, but now is not anymore, cuz I have try the procedures in the link below.

http://www.gizchina....ediatek-phones/

I've followed those instructions, but my ax1 still does not fix.
Any idea to put this thing working?
My devices:
Ainol Novo7 Elf
Ainol Ax1

#107 MindVentures

MindVentures

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Update:

All functions working fine now.. only downside i feel is screen resolution.. It is being marketed as Ainol Numi in Pakistan with 2 submodels. AW1 which i have bought has GSM/GPRS capability, but crappy resolution. The other model "AX1" has higher screen resolution, no GSM/GPRS but GPS capable.

The one which I bought from online store is called Ax1 Posiedon. It has two sim card slots. One is 2g and the other 3g. It has a resolution of 1024x600 which is good enough. It has call function as well. It has gps also.
I don't know Ainol is making different sets for Pakistan. Make sure it is original Ainol and not a copy of Ainol ax1.
Thanks for the update.

Sent from my ZP950H using Tapatalk 2

Hello,

I also did check one Ainol AX1 ,which seemed like a fake. Or maybe it is misrepresented or incorrectly marketed. From what I understand the Ainol AX1 model name is "Poseidon" internationally and it should have the screen resolution of 1024x600. AW1 is supposedly the model with a lower screen resolution.

So across the retailers in my country, the AX1 is marketed as model name "Numy" and has a crappy screen resolution (has GPS / GSM calling DUAL SIM though). I actually went to a shop and installed the application Android System Info. Inside the app, when I go to System tab and choose screen info , the AX1 "Numy" shows a screen resolution of 964x800 (or something close to it). Whereas an original AX1 Poseidon should show me the marketed specs in resolution, that is 1024x600 (or whatever is the correct resolution). Hence it appears that AX1 "Numy" is actually AW1, it is incorrectly marketed and some special model has been order manufactured with GPS and Dual SIM GSM calling by the dealer or the wholesaler.

To clear the confusion, i would request anyone having these tablets to post the following :

1. Confirm that an original AX1 Poseidon has GSM DUAL SIM and phone calling capabilities.

2. Please install the app from play market (from the link above) on both AX1 Numy and AX1 Poseidon and post here the screen shot for the information regarding the screen resolution.

I hope this will clear up a lot of confusions for potential buyers like me who are getting scammed on a sub-standard product.

Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere.

Thanks in advance for your responses and inputs.

#108 pneves74

pneves74

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

My ax1 is the numy, and everything works, voice call, internet 3G, gps too but takes an eternity to fix satelites.
In fact, screen resolution is 600x976, but it plays full hd movies very well.
Despite the screen, this quad-core is very fast.
I saw written somewhere that Numy is for chinese market and Poseidon is for outside china markets. I think both are the same.
My devices:
Ainol Novo7 Elf
Ainol Ax1

#109 MindVentures

MindVentures

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

1. Confirm that an original AX1 Poseidon has GSM DUAL SIM and phone calling capabilities.

2. Please install the app from play market (from the link above) on both AX1 Numy and AX1 Poseidon and post here the screen shot for the information regarding the screen resolution.

So from the previous post by "pneves74" it is clear that Ainol Numy screen is 600x976, which is infact a clear scamming of the customer as on the website Ainol Novo 7 Numy AX1 7 Inch Android Tablet Phone 3G GPS Bluetooth HDMI FM White it is stated that Numy has a screen resolution of a whopping 1240*600, this is clearly ripping the customer off.

Then surprisingly on the official Chinese website for Ainol the model AX1 is again mentioned with a resolution of 1024*600.

Topping up to it, there is no official mention of the model name "Poseidon" or "Numy" on the Chinese website, so it can also be a marketing gimmick, maybe both are fake. To finally brainf**k the consumer, there is the brand name "Ainol-Novo" with an english website, with their own branding and specs.

Can anyone..maybe senior moderators and group members please clear up the confusion.

As mentioned in my previous post,

Please send in the screenshots of your AX1 Poseidon and AX 1 Numy bought from different countries/online-sellers to let everyone know what is the confusion between the model names and why is there so much deviation in the same model name specs in different countries.

Thanks for your contributions, I am waiting for some info, so I can finalize my purchase and buy it from the most trusted onilne seller sending the genuine product instead of letting me confuse in a myriad of variants.

Thanks.

#110 pneves74

pneves74

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

1240x600 is wrong, for sure.
It is really 1024x600, the app Android System Info does not count the android system bar (48px), so 976+48=1024.
I bought my ax1 at aliexpress and I think I wasn't scammed.
My devices:
Ainol Novo7 Elf
Ainol Ax1

#111 MindVentures

MindVentures

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

1240x600 is wrong, for sure.
It is really 1024x600, the app Android System Info does not count the android system bar (48px), so 976+48=1024.
I bought my ax1 at aliexpress and I think I wasn't scammed.

Hi,

Thanks for the information, if as you described the android system bar size is deducted from the reported resolution , then it should behave the same way on the mobile as well.

I have installed it on my mobile Galaxy SIV and it shows the actual reported and advertised resolution, in the app screen info it says 1080x1920, and the actual resolution is also the same, check the phone specs.

So this theory seems kinda non-admissible to me. Plus a 1024x600 on a 7 inch screen should look decently acceptable. Whereas the actual screen looks really crappy and creepy :-), guess you have the same opinion too.

Anyone else helping to shed some light on the subject.

Thanks for the info.

#112 sanzgod

sanzgod

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

So from the previous post by "pneves74" it is clear that Ainol Numy screen is 600x976, which is infact a clear scamming of the customer as on the website Ainol Novo 7 Numy AX1 7 Inch Android Tablet Phone 3G GPS Bluetooth HDMI FM White it is stated that Numy has a screen resolution of a whopping 1240*600, this is clearly ripping the customer off.

Then surprisingly on the official Chinese website for Ainol the model AX1 is again mentioned with a resolution of 1024*600.

Topping up to it, there is no official mention of the model name "Poseidon" or "Numy" on the Chinese website, so it can also be a marketing gimmick, maybe both are fake. To finally brainf**k the consumer, there is the brand name "Ainol-Novo" with an english website, with their own branding and specs.

Can anyone..maybe senior moderators and group members please clear up the confusion.

As mentioned in my previous post,

Please send in the screenshots of your AX1 Poseidon and AX 1 Numy bought from different countries/online-sellers to let everyone know what is the confusion between the model names and why is there so much deviation in the same model name specs in different countries.

Thanks for your contributions, I am waiting for some info, so I can finalize my purchase and buy it from the most trusted onilne seller sending the genuine product instead of letting me confuse in a myriad of variants.

Thanks.

Hello,
I bought Ainol Poseidon AX1 from Aliexpress & here are the details http://www.aliexpres...1240428888.html

Tablet Data Capacity:
8GB

Extend Port:
Earphone Jack,HDMI,Mini USB,OTG,RJ45,TF card

Touch Screen Type:
Capacitive Screen

Processor Main Frequency:
Quad Core

Feature:
GPS,Multi Touch,HDMI,G Sensor,Phone Call,Ultra Slim,Dual Cameras

Memory Capacity:
1GB

Operating System:
Android 4.2

Display resolution:
1024x600

Cell Capacity:
3000mAh

Model Number:
Poseidon 3G AX1

Processor Model:
MTK8389 Quad Core

Thankfully, These features match the product which i received :)
Unfortunately, this device doesn't detect any GSM/CDMA SIM available in India,Hyderabad :(

Any pointers by forum members regarding SIM card is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Sanzzz

#113 corfou

corfou

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

My one big issue is 3G. If I use 3G after a short while the SIM resets and asks for the PIN number. The only way round this is to use 2G. I am in Spain on the Orange network.

Has anybody else had this problem?

P.

Hi,

I've the same problem, also on Orange network but in an other country.
I'm using 2 sims, but only 1 one on 3G.
Both resets on the same time.
For info theversion is 4.2.1

#114 corfou

corfou

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

Hi,

I'm using an AX1 for a couple of weeks.
It's a nice phablet despite the ugly screen and his lack of view angle.
Surfing is ok, but forget videos.
Eveything is blue-grey without contrast and no definition.
The wifi range is also very poor as for many first price tablets.
Nevertheless, for the price paid it is still a good shot.

#115 MindVentures

MindVentures

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:37 AM

Hi,

I'm using an AX1 for a couple of weeks.
It's a nice phablet despite the ugly screen and his lack of view angle.
Surfing is ok, but forget videos.
Eveything is blue-grey without contrast and no definition.
The wifi range is also very poor as for many first price tablets.
Nevertheless, for the price paid it is still a good shot.

Thanks your feedback has finally let me decided to forget about Ainol AX1 , save and ramp up the budget and go for the real thing, which I was already planning just needed a good justification to move on. :-)

Would be heading to hunt the best available deal for still supreme Galaxy Tab 7.7

Thanks and bye bye Ainol (wasnt getting much suggestions for it either).

#116 renzot

renzot

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

This is right, but I don't see any app like SuperSU.

just donwload it, I did it and works well

Hi all -

I have an AX1 and am, in general, very happy with it.

I'm using X-Calibur's ROM along with Xposed Framework and GravityBox (highly recommended for customising things like navbar height).

My one big issue is 3G. If I use 3G after a short while the SIM resets and asks for the PIN number. The only way round this is to use 2G. I am in Spain on the Orange network.

Has anybody else had this problem?

P.

I'm having a similar problem, I'm from Peru, and since yesterday the chips have started to reset by themselves and I lose connection, i have to restart the phone from time to time, it's really annoying. BTW, I didn't change the rom, it's stock

Hi! new in the forum. I'm from Peru, and and using the phone about a week, since yesterday it started to restart both sim cards at the same tiem , I hardly get connected to 3G and I am not able to receive phone calls sometime. Any help will be received. Thanks

#117 syedfarid

syedfarid

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Dear friends,

Please help me, i just purchased my Ainol Numy 7 AX1 tablet today and have landed myself into great mess. This is the first time that i am using an android tablet and i have hardly any know how of programming. Anyhow, i downloaded the latest firmware update given for this tablet from the link on ainol site and installed the windows 7 drivers for mediatek etc. and flashed the new from my laptop through USB to the ainol tablet while it was switched off (as i had read in the instructions). Apparently, everything went fine after i clicked the download button in the flash tools (after selecting the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file in the Scatter-Loading file option)......however when i try to start my tablet now, it never goes past the boot screen and is like a brick ....not moving past the boot screen...its been more then 15 minutes now!!! what is going all?!!! please help me and tell me how can i get my tablet to work back normally again. I am really upset. :(

#118 pneves74

pneves74

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

Dear friends,

Please help me, i just purchased my Ainol Numy 7 AX1 tablet today and have landed myself into great mess. This is the first time that i am using an android tablet and i have hardly any know how of programming. Anyhow, i downloaded the latest firmware update given for this tablet from the link on ainol site and installed the windows 7 drivers for mediatek etc. and flashed the new from my laptop through USB to the ainol tablet while it was switched off (as i had read in the instructions). Apparently, everything went fine after i clicked the download button in the flash tools (after selecting the MT6589_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file in the Scatter-Loading file option)......however when i try to start my tablet now, it never goes past the boot screen and is like a brick ....not moving past the boot screen...its been more then 15 minutes now!!! what is going all?!!! please help me and tell me how can i get my tablet to work back normally again. I am really upset. :(

That happened to me too.

Reboot in recovery mode and select factory reset, reboot system and wait.
My devices:
Ainol Novo7 Elf
Ainol Ax1

#119 renzot

renzot

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

PLease I need Help. It's been about a month that I'm using the phablet, but since the first week I have had problems with 3G connection and also in receiving pphone calls. The two sim cards seem to lose connection from time to time, and I can't receive phone calls neither. I have to restart the phone in order to be able to.
PLease Help me!

#120 Wasif Saleem

Wasif Saleem

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:03 AM

Guys i have rooted my ainol numy ax1.
Can i flash the recovery.img file through Flashify software? Please respond. This tool stuff is a bit of a hassle for me. Thanks!!