Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:10 PM

very good sıte : www.googleandroid.gen.tr

#42 Hopelessness

Hopelessness

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 150 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:13 AM

I did NOT see it like that, thanks for chasing this up, can't wait to see what's going to happen next! *excited giggles*

#43 jayrod

jayrod

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

hopefully he releases the wince source aswell

#44 sharch

sharch

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:07 PM

Can we expect the same good news for m003?

#45 projectgus

projectgus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:11 PM

Hopelessness - thanks for sharing the quote on the forum. I never got a reply to any of my 4 emails to Eken so I didn't have anything to send to VIA.

Can we expect the same good news for m003?

If there's a source release it will be a kernel for WM8505, which includes m001 and m003. AFAIK the differences between models are just minor configuration options like register addresses & resolutions.It's worth pointing out that just having a GPL release doesn't mean having immediate usable sources to port Android 2.x. The existing firmware depends on quite a bit of userspace (ie Android-side) customization that is not covered by GPL, AFAIK. However, if there is a release then it will give a very good base for the community to try and develop a better kernel that can run Android 2.2, much better than starting from scratch. I'm going to put in some time to try and make that happen.

#46 alienation

alienation

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:44 AM

Anyone has an update on this? Btw: maybe someone here can help me: I'm trying to get an usb camera to work on the netbook version on WM8505. But no V4L in kernel. But I know there are some pads with a camera, so any idea on how this is done WITHOUT using Video4Linux in kernel? Maybe I'm using the wrong binary?# uname -a# 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty #22 Wed Apr 7 14:15:24 CST 2010 armv5tejl GNU/Linux# lsmodModule Size Used byproc_gpio 1960 0 fbcon 36844 71 bitblit 4872 1 fbconsoftcursor 1516 2 fbcon,bitblitfont 7956 1 fbcontileblit 2400 1 fbconThanks

#47 projectgus

projectgus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:53 AM

[quote name='alienation;23449]Anyone has an update on this?[/QUOTE]I actually got an email from Harald today. Sounds like this is actually going to happen some time soon.[QUOTE=alienation;23449]I'm trying to get an usb camera to work on the netbook version on WM8505. But no V4L in kernel.[/QUOTE]Are you sure there's no v4l in kernel? The kernel I'm using on my m001 has it:[quote]# zcat /proc/config.gz | grep V4LCONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2_COMMON=yCONFIG_VIDEO_ALLOW_V4L1=yCONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1_COMPAT=yCONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2=yCONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1=yCONFIG_V4L_USB_DRIVERS=y[/quote]It may be you don't have a module for whatever webcam device you have. You haven't said what device that is' date=' so it's a bit hard to tell(!)It so happens I had a 2.6.29 kernel tree set up to build the touchscreen modules, so I built all of the v4l modules I could find for you. You can get them here:[url']http://projectgus.com/files/eken/debian/v4l-modules.tgz[/url]They'll _probably_ load on your tablet, no guarantees. insmod videodev.ko to get V4L support if you really don't have it, then whatever modules you need for your webcam (lsusb is your friend here!)Good luck.

#48 projectgus

projectgus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:20 PM

Good news, everyone! Harald Welte has got us some kernel source from VIA:ftp://ftp.gpl-devices.org/pub/vendors/Wondermedia/WM8505/bsp_WM8505_2629.01_20100715_nogit.tar.bz2The bad news is that there are binary-only components in this source drop, specifically video and SD/MMC card drivers. Harald says he's talking to VIA about it right now.I've only had a very quick look (need to go to work) but it does look like there's a lot of useful stuff in there, though.

#49 Hopelessness

Hopelessness

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:45 PM

This is fantastic news!

#50 starcarr

starcarr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:10 PM

Oh, that's a great notice. I'll take a look.PD: Excuse me for my English.Cheers,Starcarr

#51 alienation

alienation

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:51 AM

[quote name='projectgus;23488]I Are you sure there's no v4l in kernel? The kernel I'm using on my m001 has it:[/QUOTE]Thanks man' date=' you were really helpful.Yes, lsmod doesn't show it, but I guess Its there after all.[QUOTE=projectgus;23488']I It may be you don't have a module for whatever webcam device you have. You haven't said what device that is, so it's a bit hard to tell(!)It so happens I had a 2.6.29 kernel tree set up to build the touchscreen modules, so I built all of the v4l modules I could find for you. You can get them here:http://projectgus.co...v4l-modules.tgzThey'll _probably_ load on your tablet, no guarantees. insmod videodev.ko to get V4L support if you really don't have it, then whatever modules you need for your webcam (lsusb is your friend here!)Good luck.[/QUOTE]Cool.
~# lsusbBus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hubBus 001 Device 003: ID 093a:2468 Pixart Imaging, Inc. SoC PC-CameraBus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUBBus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub~#
So I needed gspca_main and gspca_pac207 I've got udev installed, so insmod went ok, and I've got /dev/video0 hurray!... But no cigar ... I'm unable to capture anything from the camera.
ffmpeg -y -r 1 -t 3 -f video4linux2 -s vga -i /dev/video0 /camshot.jpgFFmpeg version r11872+debian_0.svn20080206-18+lenny1, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libfaad --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-x11grab --prefix=/usr --enable-libgsm --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --disable-strip --enable-libdc1394 --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6 --disable-altivec --disable-vis --enable-shared --disable-static  libavutil version: 49.6.0  libavcodec version: 51.50.0  libavformat version: 52.7.0  libavdevice version: 52.0.0  built on Jan 28 2010 22:03:20, gcc: 4.3.2[video4linux2 @ 0x400b1964][3]Capabilities: 5000001[video4linux2 @ 0x400b1964]The V4L2 driver changed the video from 640x480 to 352x288[video4linux2 @ 0x400b1964]Buffer len [0] = 102400 != 152064/dev/video0: I/O error occuredUsually that means that input file is truncated and/or corrupted.
Video recording is a no no also:
ffmpeg -f video4linux2 -i /dev/video0 out.mpegFFmpeg version r11872+debian_0.svn20080206-18+lenny1, Copyright (c) 2000-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libfaad --enable-pp --enable-swscaler --enable-x11grab --prefix=/usr --enable-libgsm --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --disable-strip --enable-libdc1394 --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6 --disable-altivec --disable-vis --enable-shared --disable-static  libavutil version: 49.6.0  libavcodec version: 51.50.0  libavformat version: 52.7.0  libavdevice version: 52.0.0  built on Jan 28 2010 22:03:20, gcc: 4.3.2[video4linux2 @ 0x400b1964]Missing/Wrong width, height or framerate/dev/video0: Error while opening file
I've managed to install w3webcam and used vidcat to get a screenshot, but image only shows static...If i would try to guess, I would look for videobus speed (or other similar ?) but I'm out my league here.Can anybody help me further? any hint?edit: I just tryed with an old wecam 0458:7004 KYE Systems Corp. (Mouse Systems) VideoCAM Express V2with driver gspca_spca561.koBut the results are the same.btw: camera(s) works well on my laptop and on a small nettop with a AMD geode cpu.thanks

#52 bobobo1618

bobobo1618

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:23 AM

Do you guys wanna get android 2.2 going? I'm not really good with low level stuff but I'll help however I can. I can host files and mirror them if you need. My Java is bad so I can't really help with development.For the record, I'm a noob.Sent from my Eken M001 using Tapatalk

#53 zyntax

zyntax

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:08 PM

Anyone who have gotten around to play with the kernel source yet?

#54 projectgus

projectgus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

Anyone who have gotten around to play with the kernel source yet?

Yep! I started a new thread because this one is mostly irrelevant now.http://www.slatedroi...M001-amp-others)

#55 Neganur

Neganur

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

Pardon my ignorance, there's no lsusb binary on my M001. (sh: lsusb: not found)You did run that command on your tablet, yes?Can I just copy it from somewhere else ? (I would have to use the right version too?)

#56 projectgus

projectgus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:40 PM

[quote name='Neganur;78819]Pardon my ignorance' date=' there's no lsusb binary on my M001. (sh: lsusb: not found)[/QUOTE']I don't have my tablet together at the moment, so I have no idea if this is the right approach, but what do you see on yours if you run/system/busybox/bin/busybox lsusb(I think that path is correct. Otherwise just 'busybox lsusb' might be enough.)

#57 Neganur

Neganur

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:22 AM

Doesn't look like busybox supports lsusb:
/ $ busybox lsusbbusybox lsusblsusb: applet not found...Currently defined functions:        [, [[, adjtimex, ar, arp, arping, ash, awk, basename, beep, blkid,        brctl, bunzip2, bzcat, bzip2, cal, cat, catv, chat, chattr, chgrp,        chmod, chown, chpasswd, chpst, chroot, chrt, chvt, cksum, clear, cmp,        comm, cp, cpio, crond, crontab, cryptpw, cttyhack, cut, date, dc, dd,        deallocvt, deluser, depmod, devmem, df, dhcprelay, diff, dirname,        dmesg, dnsd, dnsdomainname, dos2unix, du, dumpkmap, dumpleases, echo,        ed, egrep, eject, env, envdir, envuidgid, ether-wake, expand, expr,        fakeidentd, false, fbset, fbsplash, fdflush, fdformat, fdisk, fgrep,        find, findfs, fold, free, freeramdisk, fsck, fsck.minix, fsync, ftpd,        ftpget, ftpput, fuser, getopt, getty, grep, gunzip, gzip, halt, hd,        hdparm, head, hexdump, hostid, hostname, httpd, hush, hwclock, id,        ifconfig, ifdown, ifenslave, ifplugd, ifup, inetd, init, insmod,        install, ionice, ip, ipaddr, ipcalc, ipcrm, ipcs, iplink, iproute,        iprule, iptunnel, kbd_mode, kill, killall, killall5, last, length,        less, linux32, linux64, linuxrc, ln, loadfont, loadkmap, login,        logname, losetup, ls, lsattr, lsmod, lzmacat, lzop, lzopcat, makedevs,        man, md5sum, mdev, mesg, microcom, mkdir, mkdosfs, mkfifo, mkfs.minix,        mkfs.vfat, mknod, mkpasswd, mkswap, mktemp, modprobe, more, mount,        mountpoint, msh, mt, mv, nameif, nc, netstat, nice, nmeter, nohup,        nslookup, od, openvt, passwd, patch, pgrep, pidof, ping, ping6,        pipe_progress, pivot_root, pkill, poweroff, printenv, printf, ps,        pscan, pwd, raidautorun, rdate, rdev, readlink, readprofile, realpath,        reboot, renice, reset, resize, rm, rmdir, rmmod, route, rtcwake,        run-parts, runlevel, runsv, runsvdir, rx, script, scriptreplay, sed,        seq, setarch, setconsole, setfont, setkeycodes, setlogcons, setsid,        setuidgid, sh, sha1sum, sha256sum, sha512sum, showkey, slattach, sleep,        softlimit, sort, split, start-stop-daemon, stat, strings, stty, su,        sulogin, sum, sv, svlogd, swapoff, swapon, switch_root, sync, sysctl,        tac, tail, tar, tcpsvd, tee, telnet, telnetd, test, tftp, tftpd, time,        timeout, top, touch, tr, traceroute, true, tty, ttysize, tunctl,        udhcpc, udhcpd, udpsvd, umount, uname, uncompress, unexpand, uniq,        unix2dos, unlzma, unlzop, unzip, uptime, usleep, uudecode, uuencode,        vconfig, vi, vlock, volname, wall, watch, watchdog, wc, wget, which,        who, whoami, xargs, yes, zcat, zcip
I learned a lot about busybox, though :(