HKC P774A-BBL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Acid6D94

Acid6D94

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I just bought the HKC P774A-BBL tablet from Wal-Mart while it was on sale for cyber monday, I'm still awaiting for it to arrive but, I was wondering if anyone here has it and what kind of experience you have had with it. I would also like to know if there are any custom roms out there for it, or if it even needs a custom rom to make it a better experience. The reason I ask about the experience you've had with it is because I mainly here good things about it via reviews, but the few bad reviews I hear are things like my previous tablet done, where it stops responding and you have to restart it to get the screen to respond, and eventually it stops working all together. If it does have those issues I would prefer return it before it does so I don't waste the $65 I spent.

#2 ewor3

ewor3

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

I just bought the HKC P774A-BBL tablet from Wal-Mart while it was on sale for cyber monday, I'm still awaiting for it to arrive but, I was wondering if anyone here has it and what kind of experience you have had with it. I would also like to know if there are any custom roms out there for it, or if it even needs a custom rom to make it a better experience. The reason I ask about the experience you've had with it is because I mainly here good things about it via reviews, but the few bad reviews I hear are things like my previous tablet done, where it stops responding and you have to restart it to get the screen to respond, and eventually it stops working all together. If it does have those issues I would prefer return it before it does so I don't waste the $65 I spent.

i have the same tablet seems to be OK .. have not been able root after search and using internet ideas .. if you find a way to root .. let us know ...

#3 Mattheww

Mattheww

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

Hi.
I used the tool in this youtube video -- -- to root my P776A and it worked. P774A and P776A were built the same way soo it should work.
The tool is in a diff language and it installed some weird app called Kinguser but i definitely have root access now.

When the process first completed, the screen went blank & automatically went into download mode (black screen but your computer detects it)
you can simply get out of this mode by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds. Then turn your tablet back on and once it completes booting, you'll see "process.system. stopped working" just ignore it cuz everything is still working.
Then download root checker and you'll see a prompt in blue saying "Deauthorize" or "Authorize" :)