65 replies to this topic

#1 jackbox

jackbox

Banned Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:37 PM

I haven't been able to get into Pandigital.net for a while. Anyone else have trouble?

#2 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

Yea I tried a few hours ago and I got a connection timeout error. They may be doing some server updates.

#3 gortyargen

gortyargen

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:41 PM

Either that or they have gone bust...... :-)

#4 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:58 PM

Either that or they have gone bust...... :-)

If the went under, I am sure we would have heard something lol.

#5 roebeet

roebeet

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

They forgot to pay the rent, I guess.

#6 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

Someone pulled the power in the server room or they're doing server upgrade or ???

#7 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

or Steve Jobs....DUN DUN DUN

#8 roebeet

roebeet

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image

#9 jdazell

jdazell

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

lolI needed a good laugh! Thanks

#10 aludal

aludal

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCapitola, CA

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:18 AM

LOL! But laugh, or not, roebeet is correct. Plus this very site, the Slatedroid is out for too many times. Time to move to XDA Dev's? Anyone interested in fonts for PDN is welcome to my blog fineoils.blogspot.com whenever the Slatedroid is down. Or even up, lol. I'm also sure many of our dev's and modders could invite PDN users to their sites, too.BTW, HaTaX, we miss you, where are you. tom3q has a huge memory management issue to discuss with you and/or anybody who's in the clear about s3c6410 memory bandwidth issues. Not to mention that a better g2d driver is ready

#11 bac522

bac522

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

I wonder if they actually realize it's down? 2 days is a long time for a business web site to be down but it's actually not unusual for a small business not to realize their web site isn't working since it's probably not hosted locally. Although tech support is probably wondering why emails and phone support calls have stopped :)!

#12 bac522

bac522

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:09 AM

Problem solved...although the portability factor is kind of shot now and carrying it on an airplane whacking everyone's heads as you walk down the asle doesn't make one many friends!Posted Image

#13 mrsburnout

mrsburnout

"Linkmeister"

• Administrators
  • 7,258 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:22 AM

oops...wrong thread

#14 bac522

bac522

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

LOL...I meant to post that in the current sound rant thread ...oops...damn newbie!!!http://www.slatedroi...dio-output.html

#15 yankeespitfire

yankeespitfire

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:06 AM

Well, the apple site usually goes down for a bit when they have something big and new. Maybe Pandigital's taking a page from their playbook? Something REALLY big? Like a new picture frame?

#16 roebeet

roebeet

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

I think it's been down for three days, now. What the heck is going on, over there?

#17 jdazell

jdazell

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:59 AM

I just spoke to PD ustomer Support, they are aware that the web site is currently down. He indicated that it has been available intermittently ove the past few days. He has not been informed as to why it is down, but that we should rest assured that it is not due to corporate or financial issues. They are not going anywhere. Apparently they have a secondary site available that they are able to redirtect you to if you absolutely needed to download something. I mentioned that their Web people need to be more cognisant of the fact that what they do or don't do reflects on the entire company. They could have posted a temporary server and page saying " Under Construction" or reworking - We'll be right back" .

#18 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

I did not think they were having money issues. But they do need to invest in some better serves. Maybe they are getting ready to release the source for the FW *wishful thinking*

#19 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

Time to pull up that address on google maps terrain view and see what type of outfit they are? I hope not like the bargain basement Augen office mall?

#20 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:33 PM

Posted ImageLooks like a nice place to work at with plenty of parking. I wonder how's the food at the cafe is like? Or should I bring my lunch with me? LOL