5 replies to this topic

#1 Lesha_

Lesha_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

I have feiyu 4.2.2 with the new screen and I just bought a new Targus Stylus, because I thought it would be easier to draw with. See Stylus Here But it doesn't seem to get good contact, not even with just clicking icons. I barely need to touch the screen with my finger for it to work almost flawlessly, but the stylus doesn't seem to connect unless I press really hard and then it's still very choppy. :(

I am such a newbe, but I am wondering:
1. am I doing something wrong?
2. is there a way to make my screen more sensitive to the stylus?
3. is there a way to make my stylus more sensitive to the screen?
4. is it just normal and I can't use a stylus at all?

I would appreciate any comments.

Edited by Lesha_, 23 July 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#2 Billcnz

Billcnz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

It's normal, the screens are more designed for fingers than stylus, though some will work better than others. It depends on the conductive properties of the stylus.

Sent from my Novo10Hero running CM 10.1, 0629, mu comp 1.3

#3 Lesha_

Lesha_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Thank you for your input. I was so bummed that my new pretty stylus didn't work I took my tablet down and tested many of them out. Most of them didn't work any better. The Bamboo ones that you hear are great, worked only slightly better.

I found 2 that worked flawlessly. There maybe more good ones out there, but I will post links to Amazon in case anyone is interested in my findings.

This is the one I got from Meijer for $13.
Belkin

This one was at Best Buy for $17, and worked just as good as the Belkin.
Rocketfish

I am very happy with my new stylus now. :yahoo:

#4 HudKol

HudKol

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Hi sorry to pop into this thread but Im new and couldn't seem to post my own thread. The topic is similar though. But if it berserk be moved that's ok.

I have a zenithink c93 and have bought a few generic capactive stylus for it. They work ok when using it as a pointer but not when I use to do hand writing. The stylus does dashes instead of lines. Any advice what I need to do so I can use it for handwriting.

Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Hi sorry to pop into this thread but Im new and couldn't seem to post my own thread. The topic is similar though. But if it berserk be moved that's ok.

I have a zenithink c93 and have bought a few generic capactive stylus for it. They work ok when using it as a pointer but not when I use to do hand writing. The stylus does dashes instead of lines. Any advice what I need to do so I can use it for handwriting.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.

Cheers.

#5 Lesha_

Lesha_

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

The dashes/dots was my issue too. I suggest taking your tablet to the store like I did and test them out and see which one will work the best for you. I doubt you can change your tablet to make any generic stylus work.

#6 HudKol

HudKol

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:20 PM

Thanks leasha.
Problem being where I live the range of stylus to actually try is not great. Infact its none. The few shops around here have the view buy than try and not try than buy. Which is why I've had to hit the forums. Even my seller can't recommend one and the actually manufacture is hopeless and have not responded to a single email.