Android Tablets Forum banner

Working front facing Gigaware 25-1176 webcam

14K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  billy-mc 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#5 ·
Damn! Isnt Gigaware a re-brander ? I mean a brand that buys wholesale known working electronic devices (webcameras, flash drives, keyboards) and brand them with the name 'Gigaware'?

#6 ·
[quote name='itanium;6881]Damn! Isnt Gigaware a re-brander ? I mean a brand that buys wholesale known working electronic devices (webcameras' date=' flash drives, keyboards) and brand them with the name 'Gigaware'?[/QUOTE'] in fact we need to know the exact chipset used by this product so we can find one... gigaware is american reseller, we are european

#8 ·
[quote name='imayoda;6882]in fact we need to know the exact chipset used by this product so we can find one... gigaware is american reseller' date=' we are european [IMG]http://www.slatedroid.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smiley.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE'] correct! anyway its a great find, carnivore! proving the concept that the very low end processor still does the job!

#12 ·
jingo;6910 said:
Would you be able to post the dmesg to see what type of device that is or lsusb? I've got a 1.3mp from a laptop that would be ideal to fit into this. It's a Ali m5602: with a s5k4aa sensor.
Can you do that, Carnivore?

#22 ·
Can I wire the camera to the wifi spot and keep the wifi on there?:confused: My Eken is a little different then yours and my Wifi is on the lower right side as shown in the pic. And that is the spot I want to put the camera anyway so can I just wire it up there and leave the wifi on there too? or will that cancel out my wifi every time the camera is on?:confused:IMAG0450.jpg picture by doc8927 - PhotobucketIMAG0451.jpg picture by doc8927 - PhotobucketIMAG0452.jpg picture by doc8927 - PhotobucketIMAG0453.jpg picture by doc8927 - Photobucket

#24 ·
doc8927;54907 said:
Can I wire the camera to the wifi spot and keep the wifi on there?:confused: My Eken is a little different then yours and my Wifi is on the lower right side as shown in the pic. And that is the spot I want to put the camera anyway so can I just wire it up there and leave the wifi on there too? or will that cancel out my wifi every time the camera is on?:confused:IMAG0450.jpg picture by doc8927 - PhotobucketIMAG0451.jpg picture by doc8927 - PhotobucketIMAG0452.jpg picture by doc8927 - PhotobucketIMAG0453.jpg picture by doc8927 - Photobucket
It won't work. A USB connection is for one device only. You would need to find an unused port or remove the WIFI and connect a hub and then connect the WIFI to the hub.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.