How to Install a ROM on your Tablet

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 czesioG

czesioG

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 01:25 PM

Gome FlyTouch 1.8.2_2010.07.15[/b] install on your device or you even that can't get done?

Unfortunately not - I've tried 3 times with different flash cards - is starts update by upgrade of u-boot then rebooting and then starts the rest of the process (with the chinesse & english banner on the top of the screen (Please kepp the power on .....). It goes till the end without errors asking for SD card removal then its power off. when I try to power it on it just stays with the green led - screen is not flashing even once.The only workable ROM is in my case the one called EPAD256.1.988.3k.7z however it gives me on the first run the error System Process is not responding. After some magic with inserting SD card and USB gadget and turning it on and off it works. However touchpad is not working overall its sluggish HW buttons works but Vol-/Vol+ sometimes behaves weird - the device rebooted once after I was pressing themHmm I'm lost between the ROMS :-( BTW my oryginal ROM coused the device vibrate when I was turning it on - none of the ROMs I have tried gives this.

#22 MartinFick

MartinFick

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:31 PM

The only workable ROM is in my case the one called EPAD256.1.988.3k.7z however it gives me on the first run the error System Process is not responding.

All the ROMS that I have tried (if they installed) have given me that result so far. Perhaps we both have the same device and it is slightly different than the other FlyTouchs?

#23 czesioG

czesioG

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

All the ROMS that I have tried (if they installed) have given me that result so far. Perhaps we both have the same device and it is slightly different than the other FlyTouchs?

Hi MartinFickwelcome in the club :-) I'm not giving up but I need to get som knowledge regarding android itself & its bootin process and so on too understand what is going on and why. I will experiment with this EPAD256 ROM further trying to "cook" something more usable

#24 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

Well, it can be understood ambiguously: either I was lucky or you are unlucky. I'd rather not to try out if I was:). Or third option: you have some other device in the same skin... Chinese market seems a mess. But the fact is, that my device is not working perfectly neither, so I suppose that the installed FW is not the predefined one... HW buttons work sometimes, display is sometimes better, sometimes worse, wifi the same, app market the same... I can't contact manufacturer because no information on him was printed on the box nor in the manual... chinese electronic is like polish roads - nobody knows what is this all about:). I suggest you keep trying, maybe try to contact the manufacturer via the seller?Oh yeah, and remember that under the polish law you are allowed to return the item to the seller within 10 days, beginning from the receiving date, without resoning the decision. Clear the device and I think this could do. Maybe it's not worth the effort and better to buy Kindle 3G;)?

#25 czesioG

czesioG

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hmm there is something about the polish roads you say :0) Anyway the SUCESSS is MINE - means I have used generic Generic_1.9_88 rom (the one with script and script-- folders) and I forced it to work !Forcing by flashing it twice in the row gave me a quick boot no problems ! Of course it could not be so pink - touch screen does not work and this beast freezes trying to hibernate - but at least now I know there is something fishy about flashing process. I will keep trying amd let you know BTW if you have time please make it as I did and tell me your result

#26 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 06:23 PM

Czesio, with all the empathy I prefer not to run the risk of messing it up again;). Maybe someday somebody will identify this piece of silicon and we can use its most. Hope dies last dude:p

#27 Bezimienny

Bezimienny

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 03:29 AM

I have same problem :(PL: widze tu wielu polaków (chyba) więc napisze po polsku, i może ktoś to dobrze przetłumaczy bo mój angielski jest :/, ok więc tablet działał, wgrałem Rom 1.9.88v4a for LY-706 ale nie działały klawisze, więc wgrałem 1.9.88v4a for Flytouch i wszystko było pięknie do momętu wyłączenia urządzenia (wyłączałem i włączałem w ten sam dzień i było ok), następnego dnia nie chciało sie włączyć i teraz próbowałem już wielu romów nawet starszych i zawsze po załadowaniu systemu wyskakuje "Process System is not responding"

#28 czesioG

czesioG

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

Hi BezimiennyHowever I'm from Poland this formum is in English so sorry but .... lets the others have a chance to understandWhat I can advise you is to make a "cleaning" using ROM for Eken M001 - m001_1.7.1 - I use that one as a "rescue" rom just to revert the previous ROMS - try it anyway my success with Generic_1.9_88 rom was also temporary - it stopped to load :-( Now I'm figting with WindowsCE

#29 jackmac452

jackmac452

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:59 PM

Hello all. I have the same apad as above, bought it in China and I tried to upgrade it as it was sooooo sluggish and slow.
Well what a mess I made of it all..At least 8 different upgrades I tried but none worked. Then I used this one..

EPAD 256M and 128M 1.9_88 rooted v0.3 WORKING

and everything worked really great...I down loaded the 1.7.4 firmware first and then placed the 128m over the top....I was told by my Chinese friend that a lot of these were advertised as 256m  but in reality they are only 128m (as mine was also) I hope this helps...Mine now is working fine and full of ebooks for me to enjoy myself....Oh..wifi works ok too.

#30 treffi4

treffi4

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:06 AM

hallo!

sorry for my bad english, im from austria!

i have the same taplet pc as macio!     

my problem?        i have many rom`s ,  but  on my screen is:

PREPARING SOFTWARE PACKAGE ........                ---->  and it do nothing

or 

--> Erase File-System partition Fail! Exit!
Maybe the kernel don't support this NAND Flash

what can i do???????????????????

please help!!!!!    please!

thanks

#31 joshisgreat

joshisgreat

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

Hey Kids,
I have an MID Epad Android 1.6 wmt 2.1.2_105 Kernel 2.6.29_00236-g4f8dbbb_dirty 256 MB green light

It's back from the dead! Tablet is now running well (on tipstir ROM) with the real Market, Cam, WIFI, you name it! Faster too.

I tried Hardcore's ROM - 105_wmt2.1.2_20110205-HcH but it's not a fit for my device.

Got this error:
--> Erase File-System partition Fail! Exit!
maybe the kernel don't support this NAND Flash.

Be sure to use:
M3CSL (VERY GOOD PERFORMANCE)
WMT212_105_M3CSL_V10_script.7z

Good luck all! Thanks Tipstir, you make us noobs feel good!

#32 rayisok

rayisok

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:45 AM

Cheers

#33 krbmedia

krbmedia

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:01 AM

Hello, I decided that video is not the best help here, better is kind of record from the installation process. Here you go with what I have tried out during the past hour.I.Eken M002 firmare:1. Distortions when display dimmed.2. WiFi down.3. Hardware buttons down.4. Unable to calibrate touchpanel (lack of responsiveness).5. Generally slow.6. Battery indicator good.II.Slatedroid1.3[1.7.4 base]:1. Distortions when display dimmed.2. WiFi down.3. Hardware buttons work.4. Unable to calibrate touchpanel (lack of responsiveness).5. Generally slow.6. Battery indicator screwed.III. PolishedURL: http://www.slatedroi...k_polished.html1. Freezes the device (the same situation as with [ROM] EPAD and APAD Generic v1.6, Build 1.8.2 & 1.9_88 Non-Rooted (url: http://www.slatedroi...non-rooted.html))IV. EKEN M003 1.9.1 firmware:The startup screen is very similar to the manufacturer's one, but tinier.1. Distortions when display dimmed.2. Unable to unlock.3. The shittiest by now, even connected mouse got very delayed response.How about my idea with juggling the drivers? Any others?Some pictures of my device:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This looks similar to mine but I don't know any ways to accurately identify the model. Can anyone help?

#34 hcl

hcl

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:55 AM

Hi,

I have just purchased a faulty ePad 7", which has gone dead after a sw refresh at the previous owner.
The error is the same as i have read there, if i switch on the tablet, the green LED lights, and nothing more.

So i have to flash it, or reset it... I tried to flash it from an SD card, but that wasn't a success, it does nothing.
I think that there is no such issue, that only the brightness is set to 0; i have seen many lighting-faulty LCD's, and on this, there isn't any picture.
I tried hard reset (press vol. buttons, and power on, or sg.), but it hasn't worked.

Can anybody help me, that how can i get it work again?

#35 mahouichii

mahouichii

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

Hi everyone, I'm a total noob who needs some help here.

I'm getting an M004, and was wondering if there was a ROM upgrade for that, and what changes that would give, as I probably won't try flashing it if it doesn't affect it significantly. Also, where could i get the ROM?

Thanks a lot!

#36 apeine

apeine

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Got to the point where the tab asks to remove the card, but the booting never ends... What should I do then? Upgrade again? Downgrade? Drain battery? =@ or just throw it away? Got a Howayhuo 7" (green, no vib, black audio port, 30 pin, 256 Mb) 2.0_88. Got stuck when upgrading to 2.1_88. Is there any 2.0_88 I could replace?

#37 ledn

ledn

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hi Macioseems I have the same Gome like device but I'm less successful than yoou are :-(I did the stupisd thing and changed the working ROM 1.9 without even trying to backup it - now I stuck - what works is in fact winCE60 started from script_flytouch_1.8.2_2010.07.15 (when I changed scriptcmd_WM9715 to scriptcmd it just loads WinCE60). Other methods like downgrade to mid001_1.7.1 ROM first then upgrade by script_flytouch_1.8.2_2010.07.15 (without scriptcmd changes) works but gives my MID black screen.Can you tell me what was you sequence to make Gome FlyTouch 1.8.2_2010.07.15 work ?

can you upload it somewhere mate?

#38 grishxxi

grishxxi

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

Hi I have an EPAD Arm11 1Ghz, RAM 256. And it does not boot. It displays EPAD logo, Linux penguin and after that does noting.
Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

#39 bubye

bubye

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

help,, my epad always stuck in "upgrading file-system"

my epad :
wm8505
build number 2.1_105

did anyone have firmware for my epad??
help me..

#40 gwcaton

gwcaton

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:50 AM

Can't wait for mine to arrive and give some of this a try !