47 replies to this topic

#1 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:16 PM

1. Download the Rom_xxxx.zip or 7zip or rar2. Unzip the file3. Copy the Script folder to your microSD root4. Insert microSD back int the tablet5. Connect the Power cable to the Tablet and then power it on6. Wait until the on-screen display reads remove microSD or SDCard7. Removed the folder called Script8. Insert back the MicroSD back into the tablet9. Turn on the tabletYour all set! If not ? Then repeat steps 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 again.See Flash ROM - Wiki for more detailed instructions.

#2 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:41 PM

Until point 5. everything goes smoothly. Unfortunately, I never get the "remove card" display. Actually, all I get is the Android logo, and nothing else. The device freezed totally. I waited 15 minutes at least. Is there a point to wait longer?

#3 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:10 PM

Maybe the installed firmware blocks the root read? Can I somehow erase the firmware from... OS level? Restoring to factory settings doesn't cover it.Oh, and btw... I have performed the listed procedure like 10 times at least:/.New:It happens with both files which you have provided to us. I just tried some different firmware, for other device and it boots. I will try to install your firmware as it is for my device, after the mismatched one has loaded.New:Wow, it looks like your firmware is just not for me. I am trying to install it now, when some else firmware as previous is loaded. The situation is identical: All I get is the Android logo. It is very strange to me, the more I have exactly the same device you've shown in the associated post here: http://www.slatedroi...-os-v1-6-a.html

#4 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

What brand of microSD card are you using and the class? I never seen any issues. But even though ours might look the same you never know what parts on the PCB they used?

#5 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

What is PCB?I tried with two cards:1. 2 GB microSD [SD-C02G JAPAN]2. 4 GB microSD [C04G JAPAN] Kingston SDC4/4GB 18I really can't understand one peculiarity in this situation: any other firmware I have tried out (suited to very random devices) installs as described in your guide, without any complications. I have tried more than 5 different firmwares, using both SDcards. Your firmware, either loaded from SD 1. or 2., always behaves the same: it freezes the device straightafter switching it on, so all I get is Android picture. It must be something. Tommorow I will upload short video of the process, maybe it will help. Thank you Tipstir.

#6 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:30 AM

Make sure it's formated to FAT32.

#7 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:37 AM

Yes, it is. Otherwise no other firmware would have been installed.I am going to lectures, will upload video when I am back.

#8 michie

michie

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:10 AM

What firmware are you on ?Start from original manufacturer firmware.

#9 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:54 AM

Michie, all what I am doing is to struggle to downgrade to original manufacturer's firmware. Please read my previous posts and you will get all clear:).

#10 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:56 AM

[quote name='Macio;74882]Michie' date=' all what I am doing is to struggle to downgrade to original manufacturer's firmware. Please read my previous posts and you will get all clear:).[/QUOTE'] Did you try 1.7.1 for m001 first and when your ROM

#11 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:17 PM

No, I didn't. Until now the best was no-name firmware which weights exactly 140 660 990 bytes (whole "script" folder). It worked very quickly, but hardware buttons nor wifi didn't work. Maybe it is possible to juggle a little with drivers and to overwrite those working from your firmware onto mine that don't work? Could you please link here the firmware which you are talking about, HidePerso?

#12 michie

michie

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

Did you try 1.7.1 for m001 first and when your ROM

This is what i mean too, sorry if i misunderstood you Macio :(

#13 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:37 PM

Did you try 1.7.1 for m001 first when your ROM

Hmm' date=' I am afraid I'm still not sure what you want to say:). Possibly I could have figured it out if I was native English, but I am not;d. Did you mean the question:[i']Did you try installing 1.7.1 for m001 first, and then your original ROM?[/i]If so, I think that you got the answer already:).

#14 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:46 PM

Hello, I decided that video is not the best help here, better is kind of record from the installation process. Here you go with what I have tried out during the past hour.I.Eken M002 firmare:1. Distortions when display dimmed.2. WiFi down.3. Hardware buttons down.4. Unable to calibrate touchpanel (lack of responsiveness).5. Generally slow.6. Battery indicator good.II.Slatedroid1.3[1.7.4 base]:1. Distortions when display dimmed.2. WiFi down.3. Hardware buttons work.4. Unable to calibrate touchpanel (lack of responsiveness).5. Generally slow.6. Battery indicator screwed.III. PolishedURL: http://www.slatedroi...k_polished.html1. Freezes the device (the same situation as with [ROM] EPAD and APAD Generic v1.6, Build 1.8.2 & 1.9_88 Non-Rooted (url: http://www.slatedroi...non-rooted.html))IV. EKEN M003 1.9.1 firmware:The startup screen is very similar to the manufacturer's one, but tinier.1. Distortions when display dimmed.2. Unable to unlock.3. The shittiest by now, even connected mouse got very delayed response.How about my idea with juggling the drivers? Any others?Some pictures of my device:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#15 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

I keep trying...:V. Gome FlyTouch 1.8.2_2010.07.151. No display distortions during ongoing installation (as opposite to all other installations).2. No display distortion, even when dimmed.3. Perfect calibration.4. WiFi working.5. Touchpanel works perfectly.6. Baterry indicator good.7. I hear sound from the beginning (as opposite to all other installations).8. All in Chinese, so I couldn't find out more.9. Works quite smoothly.All in all if it wasn't in Chinese only, it would be 100% working except hardware buttons. I could live with this.VI. Gome FlyTouch 1.9.11. First thing I get is textbox: "The software is for FlyTouch only and it's not available for other devices!"Jeez.VII. [ROM] Gome Flytouch Firmware Releases (VIA8505 7" Tablet) Firmware Build Updates for Gome Flytouch VIA 256MB of RAM 2GB Storage with WebCam URL: [ROM] Gome Flytouch Firmware Releases (VIA8505 7" Tablet)LINK: Download 1.9_88.zip1. Freeze as usual. [script]2. Freeze as usual. [script---]VIII. [ROM] LY-706 256M 1.7.4 rooted v0.1i WORKING MARKET FROM FLASH URL: [ROM] LY-706 256M 1.7.4 rooted v0.1i WORKING MARKET FROM FLASH1. Freeze as usual.

#16 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 04:35 PM

I managed intuitively to swich V. Gome FlyTouch 1.8.2_2010.07.15 to English... lol:) By now everything works great, only hardware buttons are mashed, but it's not so bad. The biggest anxiety is App Market works like *oops. I mean it disconnects very often, while browser works without any interruptions. Cmon guys you must know this one:)!IX. flytouch_1.9_88_rooted_market_v0.21. Freeze as usual.X. flytouch_1.9.1_fast_and_furious1. Freeze as usual.HUGE LOL:I restarted the device few times.... hardware buttons and even app market started to work properly. Everything is cool. So cool.

#17 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

Well, after these days I must miserably admit that the stuff doesn't work that good. WiFi often disconnects (independly browser and appmarket) and battery indicator seems to be screwed, the battery life is ab. 1,5h which is far too short. And operating in general is quite slouchy. Any ideas?

#18 czesioG

czesioG

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:27 AM

Hi Macioseems I have the same Gome like device but I'm less successful than yoou are :-(I did the stupisd thing and changed the working ROM 1.9 without even trying to backup it - now I stuck - what works is in fact winCE60 started from script_flytouch_1.8.2_2010.07.15 (when I changed scriptcmd_WM9715 to scriptcmd it just loads WinCE60). Other methods like downgrade to mid001_1.7.1 ROM first then upgrade by script_flytouch_1.8.2_2010.07.15 (without scriptcmd changes) works but gives my MID black screen.Can you tell me what was you sequence to make Gome FlyTouch 1.8.2_2010.07.15 work ?

#19 MartinFick

MartinFick

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:01 AM

7. Removed the folder called Script8. Insert back the MicroSD back into the tablet

If steps 7 & 8 are not required (only if one wants the sdcard in the device right?), may I suggest making that more clear?

#20 Macio

Macio

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

[quote name='czesioG;77883]Hi Macioseems I have the same Gome like device but I'm less successful than yoou are :-(I did the stupisd thing and changed the working ROM 1.9 without even trying to backup it - now I stuck - what works is in fact winCE60 started from script_flytouch_1.8.2_2010.07.15 (when I changed scriptcmd_WM9715 to scriptcmd it just loads WinCE60). Other methods like downgrade to mid001_1.7.1 ROM first then upgrade by script_flytouch_1.8.2_2010.07.15 (without scriptcmd changes) works but gives my MID black screen.Can you tell me what was you sequence to make Gome FlyTouch 1.8.2_2010.07.15 work ?[/QUOTE] Czesio' date=' I was just installing one firmware after another in the order listed in my previous posts. Does [b']Gome FlyTouch 1.8.2_2010.07.15[/b] install on your device or you even that can't get done?