61 replies to this topic

#1 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

:drinks: :yahoo:

I thought I was going to have to settle for an M7 Pro 3G, apparently not! :yahoo:

10.1" 1920 * 1200 M9 with GPS, compass, Bluetooth 4 and there will be a 3G version.
All with the looks and build quality of the M9. Marvelous!!!!!

http://www.pipo-stor...3188-tablet-pc/

Anyone else going to order when they become available?

#2 goompas

goompas

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:26 AM

Let's see if someone will buy it and what will be the first opinions?

#3 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

as soon as it goes up for sale, I will order one and review it once it has arrived and I've played with it for a week or so.

#4 slooowr6

slooowr6

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Any idea when this model is going to be release? I've been looking hard for a tablet with GPS and comes down to Pipo M7 Pro or this one. But I'm leaning towards the 10" screen on the M9 Pro.

#5 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

From the Pipo forum - pics, price, specs and comparison.

http://translate.goo...hlight=M9%2BPro

#6 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

Any idea when this model is going to be release? I've been looking hard for a tablet with GPS and comes down to Pipo M7 Pro or this one. But I'm leaning towards the 10" screen on the M9 Pro.

Your guess is as good as mine. However, they seem to have a habit of actually releasing things quite quickly after announcement, so I am hopeful that it will start shipping within the next month - don't hold me to that though!

#7 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

actually - nearly all the places on aliexpress say that they expect to have stock within the next week - take that as you will.....

#8 mlsp

mlsp

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hi,
Any news about GPS in Pipo M9pro? I've just talked in live chat with an operator of geekbuyin.com and it seems that GPS actually is not present

Hi,
any idea about the presence of GPS in that model? I've just noticed that some sellers indicate there isn't GPS, while others write the opposite

Thanks

#9 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:54 AM

M9 Pro apparently in stock and up for sale on pipo-store (for $255/£170!!!!!)

3g version not in stock yet...... I can hardly wait until it is, I'm itching to order one! :)

#10 peterblack

peterblack

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:39 AM

Hi guys, SPAMMER! already have 3G in stock.

http://www.geekbuyin...2GB-317493.html

#11 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

With thier history of claiming things are in-stock, when they most certainly are not, I would take that with more than a pinch of salt! (having had dealings with them myself). I would go as far as to say I'm certain that they don't have any yet.

p.s. The pics are very badly photoshopped too. Look at the logo on the back and compare. ;)

#12 mkh

mkh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

giz china says 9 inch,,inbuilt 3G GPS bluetooth, full HD HHS bright screen not retina.. any idea if 4.2 and 2GB ram?(upgrade of pipo max m9)

http://www.gizchina....nd-built-in-3g/

if the above is true..this will be better than the pipo m8 pro.(which roman rated as his best pipo ever)

let me wait for the first reviews and order.. for me 9 inch is probably better than 10.1...

any idea about sdk 2.0 on this?

only thing with m9 is rear speakers..but xda m9 review says its got the best quality sound as on any pipo model yet..and the best wifi(MTK) too...

maybe battery is under 8000mah wil be disappointing??

how does it fare in comaprison to the m7 pro?

Edited by mkh, 18 July 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#13 slooowr6

slooowr6

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

For those looking to use the 3G version in USA. M9 Pro 3G supports WCDMA on 850/2100MHz. AT&T uses 850/1900, T-Mobile uses 1700/2100. Not sure which carrier uses 850/2100 WCDMA. I'll be getting Wi-fi and tether off my T-Mobile phone. One of the vendor on Aliexpress told me it's not in stock yet, check back with them next Monday 7/22.

Edited by slooowr6, 18 July 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#14 RoyalWulf

RoyalWulf

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:34 AM

M c B u b have them listed, M9Pro for $289.29 and M9Pro-3G for $327.09
They are listed without GPS.
It says it is a 10.1" tablet
Apart from the Name and Announced Date and Max Resolution the specs look exactly like the M9. Should that be correct?
I sent them a question asking about GPS but they haven't answered.

The Pipo-store price looks very good. Does anybody have experience with the Pipo-store? Do they charge for shipping?

Edited by RoyalWulf, 19 July 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#15 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

They do charge for shipping.
I got a U8 from them a week ago, ordered DHL Express delivery - had it my hands 6 days from ordering.

The information directly from Pipo is that the M9 Pro DOES have GPS, other differences are the high brightness 1920 * 1200 resolution screen, Bluetooth 4 and 32GB storage instead of 16GB.

#16 RoyalWulf

RoyalWulf

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

M c b u b answered my question on gps, they said it doesn't have it. Are they correct?

#17 jimac

jimac

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

No, they are not - atleast, not according from my information direct from Pipo, or the Administrator's post on the official Pipo forum and many other reputable sources.

The pics on *********'s store are also photoshopped Max-M9 pics to add "Pro" on the end.

#18 slooowr6

slooowr6

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Pipo M9 Pro has GPS. Looks like they are in stock now, going to order one from AliExpress. Can't wait.

#19 shajar

shajar

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

Pipo MP9ro has GPS according to them it is here
M9pro M9 difference with respect to two points.
First, upgrade the FHD resolution (1920 × 1200) of ultra-bright HFFS screen!
Second M9pro joined the GPS feature.
These two improvements seem like much, but it is actually quite amazing.

Special supplement follows:
GPS module is very sensitive, M9pro order to support GPS function, the machine is designed for a lot of adjustment and optimization. Especially electromagnetic shielding design, M9pro walking in the forefront of the domestic tablet PCs. M9pro also supports Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI, gyroscope, etc. ...... no doubt, M9pro RK3188 program is by far the most versatile tablet!

And M9pro 10.1-inch FHD screen used nor pushovers. It uses the latest HFFS technology and new LED backlight group, the maximum screen brightness turned up to 700 nit (nits)!
Amount ......
This is by far, the most bright screen tablet!

link:
http://translate.goo...hlight=M9%2BPro

#20 PCEnthusiast

PCEnthusiast

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:47 AM

If the GPS is 100-240metres inaccurate isn't it a bit useless? GPS is supposed to be +-10metres.

Will there be a rebranded Sumvision version of the Pipo M9 Pro available here?

The M9 and M6 are already available here as the Sumvision Voyager II and Voyager 297 respectively.