Photo

XPAD-701 ROM (so, what are these files?)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:49 PM

Ok. So, I'm just a delivery boy when it comes to providing the Rom for the XPAD-701 (I am the retailer btw)So... this is what I downloaded, and I have no clue what any of it is... So....If some of our illustrious ROM COOKERS would like to have a look and see what I need to Host...I will make it available .Thanks and hope this is of use to folks.Folder called Driver with the file -- Installer V5 for 2000_XP.exeFolder called tcc_3g_20100913with these files:lk.romtcc8900_mtd.imgFWDN_V7_2.10.exeFile called-- NAND Data.faiPS--- posted here instead of my support thread so more Rom Cookers would have chance to see it.

#2 Sm0k3d0uT

Sm0k3d0uT

The Hand That Smites

• Global Moderators
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:02 PM

Why not attach the ROM and drivers to this post?

#3 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:09 PM

Smok... it's 60mbI have to get it hosted first mate. thats coming

#4 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationMiranda, New South Wales

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

when this gets hosted can you let us know, i'm game to give this rom a try on a stock x5a and/or m701 to see what what works and doesnt work

#5 plasmadis

plasmadis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 01:50 AM

Sorry to bug you James, but have you heard anything from your friend to do the hosting?I'd recommend drop.io. They're very simple, just upload any file and they give you a URL to download from, you don't even have to make an acct.I unsuccessfully tried the AsuROM and am looking to get it back to normal again.

#6 Sm0k3d0uT

Sm0k3d0uT

The Hand That Smites

• Global Moderators
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

[quote name='mingnon;72975]when this gets hosted can you let us know' date=' i'm game to give this rom a try on a stock x5a and/or m701 to see what what works and doesnt work[/QUOTE'] I don't think it will fully work on the X5A or the M701. plasmadis flashed ASURom to his XPAD-701 and now can't use his touchscreen.

#7 dkelewae

dkelewae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

I need this rom I am in the acore process loop. Damn it was working great now I cant get in. Any ideas how to fix it since the rom not available yet?

#8 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

uploading................acore is a common error in droid, but so many different reasons....

#9 dkelewae

dkelewae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

This loop won't let me in at boot I have seen acore errors before this won't let me past the force close.

#10 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

there is usually a SAFE MODE you can enter, but I don't know how.... anyone?AND the ROM as promised--http://www.slatedroi...ing-please.html

#11 Sm0k3d0uT

Sm0k3d0uT

The Hand That Smites

• Global Moderators
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:03 AM

Jim, the supplier did not include directions for flashing the 701?

#12 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

my bad... please wait -- READYIt will soon be redirected Directly from Slatedroid !!

#13 dkelewae

dkelewae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

I am glad I bought from Jim and not trying to translate Chinese in this matter.

#14 Asure

Asure

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:53 AM

FWDN instructions are inside the [how to] thread at the top of this forum.Usualy, holding a button combination gets your device in FWDN mode.

#15 Sm0k3d0uT

Sm0k3d0uT

The Hand That Smites

• Global Moderators
  • 652 posts
  • LocationNY/NJ

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:03 PM

Asure, does the device have to be in FWDN mode and connected before the Nand Data button becomes active in FWDN, also DEBUG level format - before download is not an option either

#16 dkelewae

dkelewae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

Yeah on this device menu power that's not the issue. When we get to step three create a NAND disk he option is not there. So can't go on. Before u enter Mac address

#17 plasmadis

plasmadis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:07 PM

First, make sure the device is plugged into AC power. Then hold down the MENU button on the top left, then press and hold the power button for about 6 seconds, then let go of both. If you did it right, the device will stay stuck on "MID" and not go to "hd 1080p mobile infotainment". Then if you have the Telechips driver installed, and FWDN is running, plug it into USB, Windows will detect it and install the driver, and FWDN will detect the device and say "device init". Then you're ready to flash.

#18 plasmadis

plasmadis

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

@dkelewae Heh, I was in the acore process loop too, which is why I decided to give the AsuROM a shot.@jim Holding down MENU while Android is booting gets you into safe mode, but doesn't do anything about the loop.

#19 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

I also have the supplier checking with the engineer for any connection issues and updates.If she has any news or updates, I will be informed... though its so new, I don't know.@plas... should get you a ginny-pig awardPlease let me know if anyone gets this Flashing working.

#20 dkelewae

dkelewae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

May have to wait for a kind soul to cook us a new rom to flash from these files or order another one and hopefully get this one working later