Android Tablets Forum banner

Messed up flash cant get into recovery! Help!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Aquous 
#1 ·
Hi All

I have an ainol novo 7 aurora v1

I previously had a nice working rom (the essential clean rom by android-kun from slatedroid), but just wanted to flash to cm10 to see what it would be like

I followed the thread below:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1821398

before starting i flashed the recovery using Novotools then booted into recovery

i downloaded aurora-v1-v2_legacy-compatibility-jb_vX.zip and aurora-v1-v2_legacy-compatibility_v1.zip

then i used cwm to install
aurora-v1-v2_legacy-compatibility_v1
then the JB zip in that order

I then rebooted fine
did the usuall startup...thats when problems begain

Firstly. I couldnt get wifi to turn on. Basically you drag it on and it bounces back to off immediately

then i tried to open file manager, but nothing was showing up

then i opened a video/photo/camera app and got messages saying that no external memory could be found

if i try to access "Apps" or "storage" in settings, it crashes the settings app

i plugged the device into the computer and could turn on usb mode just fine but can only access internal storage but not external

so basically, i now have a device that cannot access any media, cannot access the internet, cannot install apk from file manager and cannot access full settings

All i have is superuser and terminal

so i tried to install novotools.apk manually via terminal but it didnt work and i tried to do it via windows via ADB but it said no device found (i have the drivers)

also i cannot boot into recovery

i have tried holding down power and vol - or +

and i have tried the terminal command
reboot recovery

both just reboot me back into the main OS
or just turn the device off

i have also tried to flash_image recovery a recovery.img
but it says directory not found referring to recovery

I am now tearing my hair out, so if someone could help me itd be much appreciated

it is running android 4.0.3 maybe thats what caused the issue (incompatability with cyanogenmod 10?)

The irony is that the tablet runs super super super smoothly but is completely useless BIG SIGH

Thanks for any assistance.

See less See more
#2 ·
That's what happens when you flash the compatibility zip and then flash a ROM over it that completely formats the /system partition - duh! Just flash your compatibility zip over the newly installed rom, and if your internal memory still can't be found then just change 'nandi' to 'nandj' or 'nandk' (depending on whether you come from a 10- or 11-partition base) in /system/etc/vold.fstab.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.