• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dalkor

Dalkor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:22 AM

Received it yesterday from allpmp.com. Nice design and low price, but slow.

#2 mingnon

mingnon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationMiranda, New South Wales

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:39 AM

Dalkorthat appears slow, have you managed to root the device and use setcpu up yet?i loaded up corvus's rom on my V5 (see couple threads below this one) and just timed it against the videoand the corvus rom loads faster.Do you think / are you game to try and load it (if possible) might be a good check around speed of the device

#3 Dalkor

Dalkor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

It's rather slow in menus and most applications, but video playback is snappy and smooth. I bought it as a present and I doubt I'll get a chance to lay my hands on it in the nearest future. And I actually don't want to overclock it, I intend to keep it in working condition for as long as possible, it means I will refrain from anything that can shorten device's lifespan.UPDATESomething strange, I got an opportunity to play with the device and I noticed, that It became faster, though only thing I did was installing ADW Launcher.

#4 Amblin

Amblin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:25 PM

Might want to do the future recipient a favor and install the latest Android build from the Chinese version of Smart Devices. Boosts CPU speed to 720mhz and also boosts speed considerably, not to mention, fixes the Market glitch which you see in the video; Jewels not downloading.. While you are at it, install the ARM11 optimized DVM and enable JIT. Doing those three things, I have my V3 scoring 8.4 in Linpack; suffice to say that it is now a very snappy device that scores amongst some of the fastest smartphones in Quadrant and An3DBench.Android build HERE and details for JIT HERE, use the DVM here instead of the one in Corvus' package,HERE.FYI I'm Synthius on the SmartQMID forums. Cheers.

#5 Dalkor

Dalkor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:49 AM

Thanks a bunch! I'll try it in a few hours.UPDATEIt worked like a charm!Result are in this vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry186AYDd4s

#6 Amblin

Amblin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

Glad to have helped; now you can remove ",but slow." from the line in your first post. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users