• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kennhdk

kennhdk

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Hi,

My screen was "frozen" so i held the power botton down and then i rebooted it, it looks like this (Look down)

What to do?

I have 4.2.2 from Chuwi and i restored it with the same firmware without any luck, same result.

-Kenn

Attached Files

#2 Maxwell69

Maxwell69

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Thats a screen defect, not the firmwares.

#3 st8

st8

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

hi,
my chuwi did excatly the same thing last night!
the power had run down so I plugged in the power cable and when it booted up the screen went stripey and faded out.
The touch screen was still responding so i rebooted it again and the same thing happened. I rebooted it for a third time and the stripes had gone. Weird. Could be a reaccurance of the intial screen issues that bikerboy and others had. Loose hardware connections inside the unit.
There are instructions somewhere on the forum that cover opening up the tab and properly attaching a display cable.
I'm running the Roman mod of the 4.1 jellybean so I doubt it has anything to do with the firmware.

st8

#4 skribble

skribble

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:44 AM

I had exactly the same thing happen with mine the first time i plugged in the charger, odd artifacts on the screen including stripes. Rebooted a few times and they finally went. Fully charged no issues, when i came to charge it the second time round i plugged the charger into the V88 before turning it on at the wall (which i didnt do last time, not that it should make a difference)this time round no stripes or artifacts. Very bizarre! Im on a stock ROM and kernel (currently)

Oh and by the way, Hi everyone, im new here :yahoo:

#5 lyptzy

lyptzy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:27 AM

I have exactly the same issue with my chuwi. Any suggestions on what it might be?

#6 Markoff

Markoff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

geez people, it's probably just lack of power in battery, you can't expect it will be fully operational when it has 0% battery, just wait for few percents and then it should be fine

it's normal to have artifacts when display doesn't have enough power - charging is not providing enough power when using at 0% battery level, just wait for few percents at least and then start using

EDIT: although it's interesting you can use tablet without any artifacts until it power down itself, while when you plug charger and successfuly switch it on with 0%, so I guess there is some selfcontrol which switch off tablet at safe level of battery without displaying artifacts, while when you are switching on the tablet the self-check is missing and just directly tries to switch on even when it doesn't have enough power which results in display artifacts

Edited by Markoff, 22 August 2013 - 07:48 PM.

#7 trabakoulas

trabakoulas

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

If it is not the battery then probably it's this http://www.aliexpres...1099350079.html :nea:

#8 lambstone

lambstone

FW Developer

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Yeah, calm yo buns. Reflash via RKBatchTool. I get this every now and then and a reflash always fixes it.

#9 Markoff

Markoff

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:17 PM

btw. if you have faulty display, the code of the display should be according pitures from Aliexpress HJ0801A-01E and price on Taobao in China seem to be 145RMB/23.7USD, so much for free shipping for 40USD on Aliexpress...

Edited by Markoff, 22 August 2013 - 08:19 PM.