154 replies to this topic

#141 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

simply-- try to get the 1568 firmware.  seems to be a good improvement,  lots of reports of slow connection and long download of the 1561

#142 mikenc

mikenc

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:45 PM

Total Android newbie here. Got my Hype-pad today and can't seem to get it to boot up. At turn on, I get the Infotomic screen, it goes to a screen with a planet on it then goes to a greenish screen. Then ... nothin'. No menu, home screen, just the green image. Is it bricked? Tried resetting, nothing changes. I have to hold down the power button at least 10 sec (I timed it) to get it to shut off. Seems an awfully long time. Am I missing something (quite likely) or suggestions to get it to boot? Thanks.

Mike

#143 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hey Mike.  you should have emailed me (buyadroid)

this is common and reported in the forum.......

you need what is called a Factory Data Restore, the problem is selecting it from the screen if you cant get past the green screen.

So do this:

You can reach the "Android System Recovery" holding "power"-button and black-button on left of device at same time, you get a 5s countdown while switching on.

In this time, keep pushing black-button and move your finger from "power"-button to "home"-button and hold it till "Recovery Menu" appears.

You can move up and down in menu with the "loudness"-buttons (+,-), to select an option use the "menu"-button.

You want to select the Factory Data Restore option. Follow instructions.

When done, you should be back to factory.

*You'll need your Registration code re-entered,
After that, go to SETTINGS, ABOUT DEVICE, find BUILD NUMBER I think it is... the line under it should be like  "deb........................#1170" or #1002, or #1480  or something.  TELL ME what #???? is.
You will want to install new firmware.  If your # is 1170, you should be able to connect to the internet and the Device will show a new notice - Update found. (it will be 1561 or 1568 or 16-something. If so click it.
If not, then find your System Update App and run it to find an update.

Let me know how that goes.

#144 simplyton

simplyton

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:24 AM

simply-- try to get the 1568 firmware.  seems to be a good improvement,  lots of reports of slow connection and long download of the 1561

Thanks Jim - see some reports of 1623 being available 

Is it worth getting a hold of this?

#145 wd5gnr

wd5gnr

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Hi Jim and others,

I have managed to mess up my /data/system/batterystats.bin file. I thought for sure I had a clean back up of it but apparently not. Factory reset didn't mess up my custom boot screens etc. so I bet the battery stat file doesn't get fixed either. What I theorize happens is that we have no voltage sensor on the battery (none of the battery widgets read anything but 0V). So if the OS ever decides to rewrite the default file you are hosed. Can anyone who has root grab a working /data/system/batterystats.bin file from the "old battery" version of the HypePad (I got one of the last ones before Christmas) and send it to me? I am 90% sure that would solve my problem.

Thanks.

Update: Well I got a clean copy of the file, but it does not appear to fix my problem :-( I suppose it could be a hardware issue -- I suppose eventually I will open it up if I can't find any software solution and see if I can puzzle out the charger circuit (I'm an EE so my biggest problem is the mechanical end of it -- getting to it and getting it back together again).

#146 ElPasoTablet

ElPasoTablet

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

???

Dear Sirs,

I have a Superpad (order Hype E) which I have gotten from BuyaDroid in January, which I really have enjoyed. The Superpad came with pouch, earphones usb to usb cable, GPS antenna and charger plug and has performed right out of the box as I have hope. The unit connected to the Internet, the market and played avi great. 
Now a couple of issues, first I got some files I would like to delete as when I loaded them they where empty.  In the oli file manger or the menu/ settings there is no delete so how do you delete files and how do you delete  a favorite as there is no delete in the internet browser.
The second issue I have had is that google market has disable the app that allows use of the AppBrain website. Is there another way to download apps from this site and others?  I wanted to download the Airplane wifi widget that turns off cell phone mode but allowed wifi mode to see if this speeds up wifi download speed and increases battery life which is good at four hours with wifi on.

Good luck to the new owner

Thanks for the help
El Paso Tablet

#147 BUYaDROID

BUYaDROID

Advanced Member

• SlateDroid Business Sellers
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Hello El Paso Tablet

I have a XXXXXpad (order Hype E)

I had to censor that. Jim might see that and send you some green droid soap.  :o

Market and AppBrain app works fine on my HyPE-PAD.  I just downloaded a app within AppBrain.  And did the same from market.  I am running 1480.

On the Airplane mode. issue. Turning on airplane mode on my HyPe-PAD turns OFF Wi-Fi as well. 

Can you get to Market?

#148 ElPasoTablet

ElPasoTablet

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

Yes I got to market and when i try to download the Appbrain widget, google stated they had disabled the download.

I order from Jim (excilent service) a hype e pad and the box that was devlilered stated  XXXXXXX, so blame china.

still cannot delete, Help!

El Paso Tablet

#149 ElPasoTablet

ElPasoTablet

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

yea molgirth on the other fourm stated that you hold down the file until a send rename move delete screen appears and it works.

easy when you know what to do

lol

El Paso Tablet

#150 BUYaDROID

BUYaDROID

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:28 PM

Hi

Issue:  Appbrain does not download from Market.

The suppliers Tech support has left for the holidays.  Maybe someone else can chime in.

Regards

YD

#151 thafrogggg

thafrogggg

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationIvor, VA

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

Actually ElPasoTablet actually stated the problem.  Google has disabled the app.  Here is a quote from Appbrain.com:

" Install apps directly from appbrain.com in your web browser to your phone.

See developers webpage (below) for more info. Credentials are needed to grant permission to do fast web install via AppBrain, the FAQ has more info.

Please email us for problems.

Recent changes:
Please note: Google disabled fast web installer in the newest version of Android market (2.12). "

Guess you will have to wait for the big "G" to enable it again (if they do).

#152 ElPasoTablet

ElPasoTablet

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:59 AM

Thanks Thaafrogg for the answer, now where is my vodoo dolls of those google guys?

El Paso Tablet

#153 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hey all.

Nice to see the new big Cheese of BaD chiming in there (grin)

So, as already mentioned, do NOT post your codes in the forums as you only get one now -- if somoene manages to make yours work, you could be screwed.
AppBrain - already answered, thanks.  some apps can only be downloaded from websites now (not a device problem)
Moving/Deleting Icons/Apps,  yes, as oyu discovered, you just hold down on the app and get a list of things you can do -- or drag to the trash.

Later all !

jim

#154 Reason222

Reason222

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hype Pad - the "new" one since I just recieved it a couple days ago
Original android 2.1 firmware

My question pertaining to this tablet is how do i put it into a real standby mode?
I charge it up all night. used it for about an hour in the morning, then put it on standby (holding the power button for a couple seconds till the screen goes black)
and when I come back in the afternoon, it is completely dead. Is there anyway to get the tablet to go into a battery saving standby mode. where it will turn off wifi, and anything else draining the battery? I'd rather not have to turn it off everytime I'm done with it and have to wait through the 1 minute booting sequence

Also I've noticed that when I'm about to turn it back on from "standby" mode it shows the date and time and under that says
"belongs to:" and has an alarm clock under that. How do I edit this information? I haven't seen any place in the settings to access that.

This is my first tablet, and my first time using android, so i expect there to be things for me to learn about it, but I haven't seen how to access that info. I figured it would be somewhere in the settings like with a phone, but apparently that isn't the case.

#155 BUYaDROID

BUYaDROID

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hello Reason222

You will need a battery saving app, but this is still not going to reduce the battery usage much.

Try searching AppBrain for battery. It lists quite a few. You can them set them to turn of WiFi and other devices.

I'll post back soon. But just for the record, I switch my unit off fully.

Try juiced app.

Edited by BUYaDROID, 14 March 2011 - 12:39 AM.

BUYaDROID™ is a Slatedroid SBS approved seller

Our website is located at www.BUYaDROID.blogspot.com

Look for us in Small Business Sellers Section of Slatedroid