• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#41 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:02 AM

[quote name='theallseingeye;70349]Hello' date='Quick question, how are you creating these roms?I know it is possible to compile eg. Eclair (Android 2.0) from source but is there many things special about this tablet? I may try compile Eclair for this tablet...Thanks.[/QUOTE'] 1.9_88 is official ROM, i just recompile kernel + some modification. Kernel source you can find here

#42 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

[quote name='bnorontako;70355]my problem now is video not play at all' date=' with meredian, video player, and real player nothing work, youtube force close, camera some time work and some time not[/QUOTE'] Looks like your CPU limit your in overclocking. Use more low speed.

#43 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

never[/B] go up unless it is being charged, and I have seen it bouncing between green and yellow levels and yellow and red levels quite a lot as the cpu usage varies. I have also found that when the battery is showing as full, it may not be anywhere nearly full. I have seen it take several hours of charge when it was saying it was full before the charge indicator went off.

Many of this PADs must be recalibrated. Because preset for battery is wrong (if you after charging get 80% from 100% of battery after 1 minute this mean you must recalibrate). If nobody done it - one day i will write article how to do it. Quick hint: Battery graph and replace "setenv battvoltlist 6830,7086,7310,7503,7575,7636,7720,7861,7953,8018,8190"

#44 busta

busta

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:10 AM

6. If you wand get back 3G - delete pre_root_disk/system/etc/ppp directory before flash ROM.

hi hideperso...is this the fix for huawei k3565 modem?

#45 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

especially[/B] when the flash memory isn't easily removable/replaceable or is expensive, any data that doesn't need to persist across reboots should be on tmpfs. Browser cache files, app download caches, Dropbox caches, etc, should all be on tmpfs to reduce the wear on the flash. Even if the flash is easy and cheap to remove/replace, there is still no point in killing it prematurely - those writes will eventually run out, especially on relatively small volumes (such as the 2GB on-board storage built into these pads). And besides, writes on cheap flash devices tend to be slow, especially when they are small and random (e.g. web browser cache files).Thanks, I'll give this a try.I don't think this explains quite what I was asking. I was referring to applying something that would allow Google account registration and SIP apps work over ethernet, without needing WiFi. Can you think of a way that could be achieved?Do you have a publicly available "kitchen" repository for cooking these ROMs? I'd rather like to take a look at it and help with modifications and improvements, if that's OK with you. Things I'd be interested in adding to the ROM (in addition to looking at the optimizations and improvements mentioned above) are:1) auto-syncing contacts with the Google account (so that the contacts list is automatically synced between my phone and my epad.2) it'd be nice to see beebPlayer (BBC iPlayer client - UK users would find this useful) included in the ROM. It is now discontiuned and no longer maintained, and no longer avaiable from the app store, but it still works just fine. New replacement is myPlayer, but this requires Android 2.x to run.

You want so complex answer what i fill like i work in Google support :)1. Yes, i read about RamSwap but havn't luck drive it to work before (my PAD only 128Mb RAM this is second thing why i am not work hard on this :( ). I think right now this is the best thing which can be implemented because SD swap on my opinion useful only on browsing.2. You ask me so specific questions - i luck off knowledge. I think you must check kernel and android source to find answers, C++ is not my main language :)3. Internal Memory also SD card and kernel support different file system4. Applications use SD card for temporary files5. Kernel source you can find here. This is project of projectgus, which can answer more complicated to you http://www.slatedroi...ck-enabled.html6. Google don't want support PAD till Android 3.0 as you know, I think this main reason why they want WIFI or 3G connection for registration (this is just my guess). After registration you an work by any way (Ethernet, WIFI, 3G).7. I think contacts must work on PADs but some like wrong compile or cut off from ROM by China programmers. Because on 2.1 devices some builds have right working contacts but some builds hav't this app.8. Applications is HolyWar topic :) Every user think what only he know minimum pack of useful apps - this why i think about delete all user applications from ROMHope this help you little bit.

#46 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

hi hideperso...is this the fix for huawei k3565 modem?

Yes, must be.

#47 busta

busta

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

[quote name='HidePerso;70419]Yes' date=' must be.[/QUOTE'] i try several times...downgrade to v.03...and upgrade it again to v.04...before i flash it i delete the ppp folder too...but the modem still cant connect to the internet...

#48 kikolx

kikolx

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:21 AM

hello everybody...first thank u for your rom and your work...second i just flash it and i can't use youtube...problem with a flv file (already re-install web flv). Is anybody can help me? I saw may be is overclocking...but i don't know how to put less speed to cpu...thank u in advance the help. Use others to see video but is not sincronize sound with image...looks like souns go faster...

#49 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

i try several times...downgrade to v.03...and upgrade it again to v.04...before i flash it i delete the ppp folder too...but the modem still cant connect to the internet...

May be this kernel compile don't support 3g modems - must check configuration again. Sorry i havn't modem myself and can't check this with hardware.

#50 busta

busta

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:54 AM

May be this kernel compile don't support 3g modems - must check configuration again. Sorry i havn't modem myself and can't check this with hardware.

its ok hideperso...thanks for the help...:(

#51 german_psycho

german_psycho

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

Just installed this new version. Works very good, Market "out of the box", seems faster than the previous version. Very, very nice.Thanks and keep up the good work!

#52 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:49 AM

Looks like your CPU limit your in overclocking. Use more low speed.

Oh great! Thank you very much for the advice, i will try to gather info on how to do it.

#53 Hagakure

Hagakure

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:45 AM

I have updated firmware of my Flytouch, OS very good but my indispensable software "MEMENTO" now does not work, why!!!!Please,help me.

#54 celso

celso

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

hello everybody...first thank u for your rom and your work...second i just flash it and i can't use youtube...problem with a flv file (already re-install web flv). Is anybody can help me? I saw may be is overclocking...but i don't know how to put less speed to cpu...thank u in advance the help. Use others to see video but is not sincronize sound with image...looks like souns go faster...

Again, thank you for the ROM.- My youtube is not working in this ROM too. It was ok, on 1.988v03.Sorry for the next begginer questions, but: - How can I find out at wich speed is my Flytouch running?- And how can I adjust it?Thank you

#55 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:11 PM

Can you please tell what the problem was? Did you just reflash an older firmware?? Just want to make sure before I run into the same problem :(

Prior was 1.9_88 v0.3i for 256MBFlash to 1.9_88 v0.4a for 256MBOC from 350MHz to 400MHzLocked-up

#56 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:14 PM

[quote name='celso;70595]Again' date=' thank you for the ROM.- My youtube is not working in this ROM too. It was ok, on 1.988v03.Sorry for the next begginer questions, but: - How can I find out at wich speed is my Flytouch running?- And how can I adjust it?Thank you[/QUOTE'] Install SetCPU

#57 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

HidePerso , Which SetCPU version did you use when you tested out the 400MHz. I think I'll try 387.3MHz if that one crashes? I'll leave it alone.

#58 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

387 MHz387 Max 50 minThis works400 MHz400 Max 50 minTesting.....

#59 gordan

gordan

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:23 PM

here[/URL], projectgus put into git Android kernel source. I was dancing some weeks with their. Modify and compile (but you can have some troubles with drivers, some code still in binary). Git hub source

Great, thanks for that. You're absolutely right, I never tried SetCPU before. I'll look into it. :D

#60 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:32 PM

Same as before. Best to leave it at 350MHz. Those who venture in the 400MHz just be careful with SetCPU on WM8505