• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#21 bnorontako

bnorontako

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:16 AM

thanks hideperso, now my epad become faster, but just 1 problem camera and video camera doesn't working in my epad always forceclose, it's just my problem? thank's againupdate:fix the issues, i reflash and nothing problem every thing work

#22 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

Mine is locked-up @ 400MHz (stuck) it did zip along though now SDCard won't work nor will it work! I am down for now.. Try again later when morning come.. To fix it.. Wish me luck? :(

#23 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:52 AM

Fixed the issue, back on again.

#24 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:56 AM

Darn it locks up again @ 400MHz

#25 busta

busta

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:08 AM

This ROM for 128Mb PAD mainly and this just Alpha version :)I will pack 256Mb version and describe how to restore support for huawei k3565 some hours later. This is testing ROM

thanks hideperso....cant wait with ur new fw release...this fw works fast and smooth...i realy like it....its so cool...:(

#26 gordan

gordan

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:34 AM

[quote name='HidePerso]1. It make swap file on SD card' date=' can use swap partition too. We havn't RAM swap on Android 1.6 as far as i know.[/QUOTE']Android 1.6 is based on the 2.6.29 kernel. ramzswap patches build cleanly against that: compcache - Project Hosting on Google Code[quote name='HidePerso]2. Mounting very lazy on Android - if you try Hibernate you will see this. (This why i don't use hibernate and swapping at same time)[/QUOTE]That isn't quite what I was asking. Regardless of the lazyness of the FS mounting' date=' my question is whether the FS-es are mounted with the "noatime" option, to suppress writing access timestamps to files every time they are open. This improves FS speed and reduces the number of writes. See here:Reducing Disk IO By Mounting Partitions With noatime | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and TutorialsSSD’s, Journaling, and noatime/relatime | Thoughts by TedThis is particularly bad on flash since these metadata writes are very small and random and thus suffer very pronounced write-amplification:Write amplification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaWhile on the subject, what FS is used for the built in flash storage? I know the SD card is FAT, but what is the internal storage FS? There may be optimizations that can be applied here, too, e.g. using a non-journaled file system (ext2 or ext4 without has_journal option).[quote name='HidePerso]3. Androd have very nice RAM management - this why Google did not recommend any appz killers (and this why i think swapping placebo thing on Android 1.6 :( )[/QUOTE]My question was more to do with temporary files. IMO' date=' when dealing with flash memory, [B']especially[/B] when the flash memory isn't easily removable/replaceable or is expensive, any data that doesn't need to persist across reboots should be on tmpfs. Browser cache files, app download caches, Dropbox caches, etc, should all be on tmpfs to reduce the wear on the flash. Even if the flash is easy and cheap to remove/replace, there is still no point in killing it prematurely - those writes will eventually run out, especially on relatively small volumes (such as the 2GB on-board storage built into these pads). And besides, writes on cheap flash devices tend to be slow, especially when they are small and random (e.g. web browser cache files).[quote name='HidePerso]4. Yes. Kill is Settings[/QUOTE]Thanks' date=' I'll give this a try.[QUOTE=HidePerso']5. It possible - read here for example Android Unleashed: Howto: Tether your Android G1 phone with iptables (no proxy needed)[/QUOTE]I don't think this explains quite what I was asking. I was referring to applying something that would allow Google account registration and SIP apps work over ethernet, without needing WiFi. Can you think of a way that could be achieved?Do you have a publicly available "kitchen" repository for cooking these ROMs? I'd rather like to take a look at it and help with modifications and improvements, if that's OK with you. Things I'd be interested in adding to the ROM (in addition to looking at the optimizations and improvements mentioned above) are:1) auto-syncing contacts with the Google account (so that the contacts list is automatically synced between my phone and my epad.2) it'd be nice to see beebPlayer (BBC iPlayer client - UK users would find this useful) included in the ROM. It is now discontiuned and no longer maintained, and no longer avaiable from the app store, but it still works just fine. New replacement is myPlayer, but this requires Android 2.x to run.

#27 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:46 AM

Well I guess I'll have to live with 350MHz by default. 3rd Flash again should get back into the device. Thanks for the latest improvements and some will enjoy the extra 100MHz!

#28 german_psycho

german_psycho

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:52 AM

[quote name='tipstir;70318]Fixed the issue' date=' back on again.[/QUOTE'] Can you please tell what the problem was? Did you just reflash an older firmware?? Just want to make sure before I run into the same problem :(

#29 gordan

gordan

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:53 AM

[quote name='HidePerso;70253]Standart is 350Mhz. You can set any speed (rom boot with default) with SetCPU - even can use profile like "Set speed to 100Mhz when light off".If you want to know how it touch battery life - test and tell us' date=' do something what be right for community by yourself.[/QUOTE']In theory, clock speed and power usage are linearly related. Equation for power usage of a chip is:P = C * F * V^2where:P = power consumption of the chipC = capacitance of the circuitF = clock frequencyV = voltage(See here for example - PDF, page 11: http://edc.intel.com/Link.aspx?id=3322 )This means that clock speed is linearly related to the power consumption and increasing the clock speed from 350MHz to 400MHz will reduce battery life by approximately 14%. In practice, the reduction will be much smaller because the two massively dominant power consuming features are WiFi and the screen backlight. CPU's power usage is very distant 3rd.I am curious about this profile setting, though. Is there a way to adjust the clock speed dynamically during runtime? In full-fat Linux this is done by the cpuspeed daemon. Does Android do such things automatically? If not, then perhaps implementing/adding something like cpuspeed with a user-space governor might be quite useful in improving battery life. That's assuming something like that isn't already happening.Also, is the voltage of the CPU dynamically adjustable in software? If so, then exponentially bigger power saving gains could be achieved, too (power consumption follows the square of voltage).Another thing - I'm finding in normal web browsing usage that WiFi is using even more energy than the screen backlight. Can the transciever power be dynamically adjusted at run-time? How does the TxPower parameter work and what does it do? What I'm thinking about is doing something that would detect when the WiFi is idle and slow it down and reduce transmission power to a minimum until an incoming packet is detected. This could be done with something potentially as simple as iptables "recent" packet match and a userspace packet logger that actually adjusts the power up when a packet arrives, and drops it when the connection has been idle for a few seconds.Any thoughts on this?

#30 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:03 AM

-Camera on photo and video mode works here. (One funny thing is that even records video better, in anyway the video recording is still insulting quality).-Video (tried youtube only) with some sound issues.-Performance at 400mhz AWESOME.-Gaming also improved quite noticeable.-Web browsing is now really faster, it load almost as fast as my acer aspire one netbook. And scrolling is now better in pages with a large amount of images.-I havent any force close issues so far.-Wifi the signal is good and stable.-Batery time, seems to be the same as 1.9_88 v3. In anyway my batery seems to be dying i only get 30 minutes life with wifi on.Overall till now seems simply the best rom for this thing.If you're wondering which flytouch do i have is a generic one 256mb WM8505 with the irobot box.Does any one have some ideas of what could be going on with my device batery?Cheers

#31 bnorontako

bnorontako

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:12 AM

need help for setcpu.txt, what parameter i must write on it? from lowest to highest please help me

#32 theallseingeye

theallseingeye

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:17 AM

Hello,Quick question, how are you creating these roms?I know it is possible to compile eg. Eclair (Android 2.0) from source but is there many things special about this tablet? I may try compile Eclair for this tablet...Thanks.

#33 gordan

gordan

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:34 AM

Does any one have some ideas of what could be going on with my device batery?

This may sound like a silly question' date=' but are you sure it is fully charged before you use it? My experience so far is that the power metering on this device is quite badly broken, and fails even on the most basic things (e.g. the battery charge level should [B']never[/B] go up unless it is being charged, and I have seen it bouncing between green and yellow levels and yellow and red levels quite a lot as the cpu usage varies. I have also found that when the battery is showing as full, it may not be anywhere nearly full. I have seen it take several hours of charge when it was saying it was full before the charge indicator went off.

#34 bnorontako

bnorontako

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:41 AM

my problem now is video not play at all, with meredian, video player, and real player nothing work, youtube force close, camera some time work and some time not

#35 Pooh

Pooh

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 05:07 AM

[quote name='bnorontako;70315]... but just 1 problem camera and video camera doesn't working in my epad always forceclose' date=' it's just my problem?...[/QUOTE']My Pad camera and video work only for the native firmware v1.7.4 and firmware "flytouch_1.9_88_rooted_market_v0.2.zip"

#36 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:36 AM

Mine is locked-up @ 400MHz (stuck) it did zip along though now SDCard won't work nor will it work! I am down for now.. Try again later when morning come.. To fix it.. Wish me luck? :(

This mean what your CPU can't be so overclocked - try to use 387Mhz.

#37 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:40 AM

Can you please tell what the problem was? Did you just reflash an older firmware?? Just want to make sure before I run into the same problem :(

Pad always start on 350Mhz - standard speed. If you try set 400Mhz in SetCpu and it stack - just reset device (this mean what your CPU can't overclock so hight)

#38 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:51 AM

http://edc.intel.com/Link.aspx?id=3322[/url] )This means that clock speed is linearly related to the power consumption and increasing the clock speed from 350MHz to 400MHz will reduce battery life by approximately 14%. In practice, the reduction will be much smaller because the two massively dominant power consuming features are WiFi and the screen backlight. CPU's power usage is very distant 3rd.I am curious about this profile setting, though. Is there a way to adjust the clock speed dynamically during runtime? In full-fat Linux this is done by the cpuspeed daemon. Does Android do such things automatically? If not, then perhaps implementing/adding something like cpuspeed with a user-space governor might be quite useful in improving battery life. That's assuming something like that isn't already happening.Also, is the voltage of the CPU dynamically adjustable in software? If so, then exponentially bigger power saving gains could be achieved, too (power consumption follows the square of voltage).Another thing - I'm finding in normal web browsing usage that WiFi is using even more energy than the screen backlight. Can the transciever power be dynamically adjusted at run-time? How does the TxPower parameter work and what does it do? What I'm thinking about is doing something that would detect when the WiFi is idle and slow it down and reduce transmission power to a minimum until an incoming packet is detected. This could be done with something potentially as simple as iptables "recent" packet match and a userspace packet logger that actually adjusts the power up when a packet arrives, and drops it when the connection has been idle for a few seconds.Any thoughts on this?

You are right! But your questions just show what your never try to use SetCPU :)This kernel support governors (user, maximum speed and so one) and you can set any on startup settings. You can set your own rules as user governors what to-do with CPU speed on some event. Also you can try to do something with WIFI, as i say before here, projectgus put into git Android kernel source. I was dancing some weeks with their. Modify and compile (but you can have some troubles with drivers, some code still in binary). Git hub source

#39 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

-Performance at 400mhz AWESOME.Does any one have some ideas of what could be going on with my device batery?

You lucky man with good CPU :)I have same issue with battery - small or old. Calibration help me to know it real charging status but i havn't time to hardware mod - think will buy external battery or new internal later.

#40 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:57 AM

[quote name='bnorontako;70348]need help for setcpu.txt' date=' what parameter i must write on it? from lowest to highest please help me[/QUOTE'] Get this file in script folder and just copy to root of your SD card.