• Please log in to reply
285 replies to this topic

#1 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

Posted ImageHere my updated version of 1.988 v0.4a for Epad / Flytouch !Market will work from flashing ROM, don't need any patch or manipulation etc.Hope this suitable for 128Mb and 256Mb models.This is experimental ROMThis is 128mb version!Download xFlytouch.1.9.88.v4.7zThis is 256Mb version!http://www.filefront...6.1.9.88.v4a.7z0.4 initial [RUDROID] by HidePerso *Google Market *Rooted *TxPower=30 in /system/etc/wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat *New kernel (up to 400Mhz) *New busybox 1.17.1 *New memory settings ?New bootscreen +CachMate (Free) +StartUp Manager +MySettings +RootExplorer +ES Task Manager +ES File Explorer 1.4 +Titanium BackUp (Free) +SlideMe app +AptoIde app +Google Maps 4.4.0 +ConnectBot-svn-400 +Swapper 0.2.0+ Ad blocking in hosts +ADW.Launcher 1.1.1 +91iHome +Home++ +Helix.launcher +Home switcher (set and switch launchers)?Change 3G config to work with Huawey 1550 (Megafon) But you need unlocked modem and some more work. Read more here http://www.ebay-forum.ru/phpBB2/topic52299s255.html UNTESTED!!hideperso@gmail.com for contact and paypal thxNote:1. Usually I can't sign to Google by Ethernet, just by WIFI (typical error for this "There is a temporary error or your sin card is not provisioned for data services")2. If you will start Market and get error " An error has occured. Please try again later. " Don't worry it is server-side problem. Just try time to time again to enter market and get Text of Agreement. When you agree with it - this error will never back (i hope)3. Hibernate mode - you can get it to work state: use StartUp Manager and disable all user apps from auto startup (exept StartUp Manager and Swapper) and disable System Apps (exept Android system, Media Storage, Boot Receiver, Sync Feeds and Download manager)4. How to get Root: Settings - Applications - Unable USB-debugging. Start Connect Bot - connect to local - type "su".5. I am not include SetCPU into ROM - install it by yourself. Copy setcpu.txt to the root of your SD card.6. If you wand get back 3G - delete pre_root_disk/system/etc/ppp directory before flash ROM.

#2 busta

busta

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:05 PM

wow thanks hide perso :)

#3 german_psycho

german_psycho

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

Great news. Will give this a try tomorrow. Thanks very much!

#4 busta

busta

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:05 PM

im using flypad with 256 mb ramafter i try this fw...and runing android sytem info...i got this...total ram : 102mbfree ram : 28.61mbi think this os is working for flypad with 128 mb rambut this fw makes my flypad run faster..( feels like )is this ok hide perso?correct me if im wrong...and im using 3g usb modem huawei k3565...i cannot connect to the internet with it anymore...need help with this 3g usb modem..i hope i can use this modem again in this 1.9.88 v0.4thanks hide perso.... :(

#5 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:43 PM

im using flypad with 256 mb ramafter i try this fw...and runing android sytem info...i got this...total ram : 102mbfree ram : 28.61mbi think this os is working for flypad with 128 mb rambut this fw makes my flypad run faster..( feels like )is this ok hide perso?correct me if im wrong...and im using 3g usb modem huawei k3565...i cannot connect to the internet with it anymore...need help with this 3g usb modem..i hope i can use this modem again in this 1.9.88 v0.4thanks hide perso.... :(

This ROM for 128Mb PAD mainly and this just Alpha version :)I will pack 256Mb version and describe how to restore support for huawei k3565 some hours later. This is testing ROM

#6 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

Sticked the thread! Thanks a lot! I'll see what happens! Oh no need to use CacheMate free there is something better to use and that's is 100% free. I am testing it now..

#7 digidad

digidad

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

Tried to flash with the 256MB ROM, but I get as far as 'Upgraded u-boot successful!' and it doesn't go any further. Previous ROM was HidePerso's 256MB 0.3k. If I stop, remove the SD card and reboot at this point, it still boots the prior version.

#8 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:09 PM

[quote name='digidad;70158]Tried to flash with the 256MB ROM' date=' but I get as far as 'Upgraded u-boot successful!' and it doesn't go any further. Previous ROM was HidePerso's 256MB 0.3k. If I stop, remove the SD card and reboot at this point, it still boots the prior version.[/QUOTE'] I make error - must reupload 256Mb version.Updated

#9 gordan

gordan

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

A couple of quick questions about these ROMs:1) swapper - what does it actually do? If this enables actual swapping under low-memory conditions, that's potentially going to seriously degrade the live expectancy of the on-board flash, and should really be disabled. If swapping under low-memory conditions is really deemed necessary, perhaps a ramzswap device should be used for this (compressed RAM disk for swapping, still likely much faster than flash on writes).2) File system mounting - my understanding is that this is hard-coded in the init on Android, so I cannot easily check it - are all the file systems mounted noatime?3) Temporary files, caches and other data that doesn't need to be persistent - what paths does such data end up in? I notice that on Android there doesn't appear to be a /tmp directory, and I don't know where WebKit keeps it's temp files (this goes for other apps, too). In order to increase speed and flash life, what changes would be required to mount such paths on tmpfs at boot-up time? This would use up more RAM, but potentially improve performance, and extend the life expectancy of the internal flash memory, and RAM pressure could be reduced by ramzswap, as mentioned. Any thoughts on this?4) Is there a way to change the Google account after it has been set on the device?5) Any chance of setting up some bridging/firewalling rules in this ROM (does Android have something like iptables?) that allow initial setup and suchlike to be performed via ethernet instead of wifi?Apologies if some of these aren't applicable, I'm a Linux veteran but new to Android, so I'm not sure how much of the above is doable on Android and how.

#10 JayLobo

JayLobo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hi did you upload the new ROM yet ??

#11 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:23 PM

Great Hideperso! Thank you very much for this release!

#12 theallseingeye

theallseingeye

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:47 PM

To change your google account, go to Settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Google Apps and Clear Data clearing Gmail data is also recommended.

#13 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

I make error - must reupload 256Mb version.Updated

I guess tomorrow for you to that.. I'll wait until you do..

#14 digidad

digidad

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

Is the CPU speed adjustable via the UI? I would imagine that to get the higher speed, you take a hit on battery life. To what degree is battery life impacted? Would 225 or 300MHz (1/2 - 2/3 of 450MHz) give a better balance of performance/battery life? Is it true the standard ROMs all run at 175MHz?

#15 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:42 PM

[quote name='digidad;70243]Is the CPU speed adjustable via the UI? I would imagine that to get the higher speed' date=' you take a hit on battery life. To what degree is battery life impacted? Would 225 or 300MHz (1/2 - 2/3 of 450MHz) give a better balance of performance/battery life? Is it true the standard ROMs all run at 175MHz?[/QUOTE'] Standart is 350Mhz. You can set any speed (rom boot with default) with SetCPU - even can use profile like "Set speed to 100Mhz when light off".If you want to know how it touch battery life - test and tell us, do something what be right for community by yourself.

#16 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

I guess tomorrow for you to that.. I'll wait until you do..

Already update - now it v4a link

#17 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:45 PM

Great Hideperso! Thank you very much for this release!

This is really TEST ROM :) Must be fast and may be buggy :)

#18 HidePerso

HidePerso

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:54 PM

[quote name='gordan;70193]A couple of quick questions about these ROMs:1) swapper - what does it actually do? If this enables actual swapping under low-memory conditions' date=' that's potentially going to seriously degrade the live expectancy of the on-board flash, and should really be disabled. If swapping under low-memory conditions is really deemed necessary, perhaps a ramzswap device should be used for this (compressed RAM disk for swapping, still likely much faster than flash on writes).2) File system mounting - my understanding is that this is hard-coded in the init on Android, so I cannot easily check it - are all the file systems mounted noatime?3) Temporary files, caches and other data that doesn't need to be persistent - what paths does such data end up in? I notice that on Android there doesn't appear to be a /tmp directory, and I don't know where WebKit keeps it's temp files (this goes for other apps, too). In order to increase speed and flash life, what changes would be required to mount such paths on tmpfs at boot-up time? This would use up more RAM, but potentially improve performance, and extend the life expectancy of the internal flash memory, and RAM pressure could be reduced by ramzswap, as mentioned. Any thoughts on this?4) Is there a way to change the Google account after it has been set on the device?5) Any chance of setting up some bridging/firewalling rules in this ROM (does Android have something like iptables?) that allow initial setup and suchlike to be performed via ethernet instead of wifi?Apologies if some of these aren't applicable, I'm a Linux veteran but new to Android, so I'm not sure how much of the above is doable on Android and how.[/QUOTE'] 1. It make swap file on SD card, can use swap partition too. We havn't RAM swap on Android 1.6 as far as i know.2. Mounting very lazy on Android - if you try Hibernate you will see this. (This why i don't use hibernate and swapping at same time)3. Androd have very nice RAM management - this why Google did not recommend any appz killers (and this why i think swapping placebo thing on Android 1.6 :) )4. Yes. Kill is Settings5. It possible - read here for example Android Unleashed: Howto: Tether your Android G1 phone with iptables (no proxy needed)You are welcome - i am totally newbie in Unix and etc :)

#19 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:31 PM

Thanks is flashing the ROM right now...

#20 kiarov

kiarov

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:25 AM

I'm testing it now and what can i say?IS AWESOME!!!!!! 400mhz make this thing pretty snappy and usefull. I will do a deeper test on this day and will report any bug o weirdness in found.HIDEPERSO again you're the man dude, thank you very much!