• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 betolley

betolley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 08:13 PM

2shared - download fw.7zhttp://www.megafileu...-online-7z.htmlClick the Save file to pc link at the bottom of the page.This is based on the second rom that adeptus released. All I did was added root and enabled adb over wifi.useadb connect ipaddressthen use your adb commands.I actually switched to a adbwifi enable program after this to enable / disable as needed. Use this at your own risk.betolley

#2 jtbc

jtbc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:22 PM

Hi, this is what exactly I need!Have been trying hard to install USB and run adb thousand times but fail. Apedtus 0831 seems to be not able to connect adb even via wifi though wifi and everything else are working fine.BUT the link is not working on me. Is there other alternative link? TIA.

#3 betolley

betolley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:31 PM

Weird...I am downloading now on a diff computer. I will try to upload elsewhere too.Also if you have a problem with adb connecting remotely I usehttp://siir.es/android/(not my space)now. The rom allowed me to connect without this but I changed it so that it would not stay open to connections all the time after i setup the rom.

#4 jtbc

jtbc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:59 PM

Weird...I am downloading now on a diff computer. I will try to upload elsewhere too.Also if you have a problem with adb connecting remotely I useIndex of /android(not my space)now. The rom allowed me to connect without this but I changed it so that it would not stay open to connections all the time after i setup the rom.

This program is great but it need rooted device to work with. I'm still stuck with adb connection.Awaiting for your alternative link for the first post. or anyone able to download from the first link pls share. TIA. :)

#5 jtbc

jtbc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hi betolley, appreciate if u can send direct to my email: jbctiong@gmail.comMany thanks!

#6 betolley

betolley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:36 AM

Too big to email.fw_online.7zAlternate link

#7 beemoe2

beemoe2

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:13 PM

I can't seem to edit any files such as lcd density to 190 any suggestions. B

#8 linw

linw

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:35 PM

I can't change files with an edit, either, even though my A81 is rooted. Seems like a permissions problem?What I found I could do, however, is drag the file to the PC, edit it there, and drag and drop it back. Don't understand how I can do this but not get edits saved. Maybe a Linux expert can chime in here?

#9 jtbc

jtbc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:56 AM

Too big to email.fw_online.7zAlternate link

Downloaded and flashed it yesterday. This is the BEST rooted ROM with ADB access I have flashed. Save a lot of works for newbie like me.I have flashed Hazard Custom 0823 ROM and tried with ADBWireless connect for App2SD before I download the new link. It works but many apps force closed and I do not like the Black theme.Return back with this ROM. It is neat and clean but I still need to remove some unwanted apps. This is the ROM I will stay for now - almost complete and I am left with POP3 mail setting (any suggestion?)Thank you so much for your effort and sharing. :)P.S. I gave up on USB for now. Using wifi for adb connection.

#10 mrgardiner

mrgardiner

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:46 PM

Hello,I have the Adeptus rom loaded after a lot of trial and error with the sd card formatting. How do I go about flashing this update. Do I need to change parts of the MLO files or is it a different key press combination than holding the left volume key and power, then releasing the power?Thanks for any help. I read through the other threads and tried a few searches, but didn't find any pointers on applying an update.zip to the midnite.-Monterey

Downloaded and flashed it yesterday. This is the BEST rooted ROM with ADB access I have flashed. Save a lot of works for newbie like me.I have flashed Hazard Custom 0823 ROM and tried with ADBWireless connect for App2SD before I download the new link. It works but many apps force closed and I do not like the Black theme.Return back with this ROM. It is neat and clean but I still need to remove some unwanted apps. This is the ROM I will stay for now - almost complete and I am left with POP3 mail setting (any suggestion?)Thank you so much for your effort and sharing. :)P.S. I gave up on USB for now. Using wifi for adb connection.

#11 jtbc

jtbc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:14 AM

[quote name='mrgardiner;71021]Hello' date='I have the Adeptus rom loaded after a lot of trial and error with the sd card formatting. How do I go about flashing this update. Do I need to change parts of the MLO files or is it a different key press combination than holding the left volume key and power, then releasing the power?Thanks for any help. I read through the other threads and tried a few searches, but didn't find any pointers on applying an update.zip to the midnite.-Monterey[/QUOTE'] This ROM includes all the files.To flash FW:1) First you need to format your SD card correctly. Some use HP formatter from the Wits site. Some use others. I use my Vista notebook direct format without any problem.2) Next copy MLO file over to your formatted SD card FIRST followed by the other files.3) Insert the SD card into your tablet. Ensure there is sufficient power to run the setup.4) Hold the Left volume button first (closer to the Power button) and then the Power button together untill you see the PICTURE appears, release the volume button but keep holding on to the power button till you see the TEXT coming out then release the power button.This work for me everytimes. Hope it helps. :)

#12 unixbob

unixbob

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

had loads of problems with adb on my new windows 7 laptop so this rom with wireless adb built in is a godsend. thanks

#13 foxmajik

foxmajik

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

This doesn't seem to be working for me.I hold the Left Arrow key, then push and hold Power, but the device just boots right into Android.Can anyone help with this problem?

#14 betolley

betolley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:47 PM

Put the files on in the root of the properly prepared sd card.I pull the battery. Unplug the power. Plug in the power while I Hold the Left volume button and the power button. After the flash and reboot I put the battery back in. Pray that you don't lose power or you brick(so do at your own risk)[quote name='foxmajik;75185]This doesn't seem to be working for me.I hold the Left Arrow key' date=' then push and hold Power, but the device just boots right into Android.Can anyone help with this problem?[/QUOTE']

#15 foxmajik

foxmajik

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:08 PM

Here's what I had to do to get it to work:1. Full format using the HP tool.2. Download the FW with "save link as," do not use DownThemAll or other download manager that splits parts.3. Copy the MLO file onto the card.4. Use the Eject function in Windows to unmount the card.5. Remove and re-insert the card.6. Copy the rest of the files.7. Power off.8. Remove the battery.9. Insert the card.10. Hold < and Power.11. Release <.12. Wait for the text and release power.It's writing the firmware now.Oddly, I noticed there's a large black bar over the left side of the screen as it's doing the writing. I hope this is just a red herring.Edit: Nope, the screen is broken. Looks like I'll have to send this *pony-lover back to China after waiting a month and a half to get it. Wheeeee.Edit2: mp4nation says this problem is caused by the new units using a new screen that the driver in this ROM is not compatible with. They say to use this ROM instead.

#16 betolley

betolley

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

Sorry. When they release a new rom I will add root and adb to it.

#17 foxmajik

foxmajik

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

Sorry. When they release a new rom I will add root and adb to it.

I'm very much looking forward to that! Thank you. :(

#18 orlando68

orlando68

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Hello i'm searching an rooted custom rom for my wits a81e, to overclock with setcpu, can you repost some link; there are all dead.
Thanks.

Update: with z4root, you can rooting perfect and it's free.

Edited by orlando68, 19 October 2012 - 07:03 PM.

#19 Sage222

Sage222

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:51 PM

is this capacitive? or resistive only?

Thank you!

oh..

links are dead. :(

Edited by Sage222, 18 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.