Edited by smithmal:
Thanks goes out to Oma for creating this great script that will provide root and install SuperUser.
Oma Root Method file location link here.
1. Copy Oma_Chuwi_V88_Root_Script.zip to the root directory of you SDcard.
2. Make sure that settings are to MTP and USB-Debugging
3. Hard power off your Chuwi V88 (hold power button until it powers off)
4. While holding Volume+ (up) button
5. Plug USB into your PC (update mode)
6. Install missing drivers from driver folder if you have not already
7. Run RKAndroidTool.exe as Admin
8. Unselect option 2 (Parameter)
9. Select Flash Rom
10. Your Chuwi V88 should now have booted into Clock Work Mod.
11. Select Install zip from external SDcard
12. Scroll and install Oma_Chuwi_V88_Root_Script.zip
14. Reboot device (you will now have Super User installed and working)
This post has been edited by smithmal: 06 August 2013 - 09:12 PM
Reason for edit: updated information