My Pandigital Novel is not starting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cogniguy

cogniguy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

I got this a couple of weeks back and thanks to Slatedroid and nate's hack hd some apps up and running and was generally having fun. Since yesterday the Novel is not starting/bootingNo blue screen no nothing Its fully charged. I tried the reset hole, the soft reset of holding the power and volume up/menu button nothing helped. Appreciate if some one can give some suggestions else I will have to return/exchange as I believe even with everything the Novel holds some promise.Thanks a lot in advance

#2 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:07 PM

Try disconnecting the battery for fifteen minutes and then reconnecting.

#3 Mark Adams

Mark Adams

PDN Wiki Master, Speaker to n00bs

• Global Administrator
  • 2,338 posts
  • Location41.6927560 / -83.5456899

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:09 PM

While the battery is disconnected the PDN is unplugged, toggle the power switch a couple of times to discharge any residual juice left in the device's capacitors. You want this thing absolutely dead before you try the cold restart when you reconnect the battery. Plug it back in after reconnecting the battery too - then try the restart.

#4 bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

I've experienced this occasionally also, but have been fortunate enough for my reset pin to allow me to restart every time its happened to me. Any ideas howwhy this is happening? From the responses this seems to be a known issue, so could someone please point me to the relevant threads on the causes of it, so maybe I can prevent getting to a point as serious as cogniguy did and have to take it apart to fix?Thanks!--bornagainpenguin

#5 cogniguy

cogniguy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:13 PM

Try disconnecting the battery for fifteen minutes and then reconnecting.

:) this will take some time.. If it comes to that, i just got it like a couple of weeks back, I will exchange it at the store, as I dont have too much stuff on it to lose.

#6 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:34 PM

Could have a bad power on/off switch on PCB.