Android Tablets Forum banner

[HOWTO][ROM] Root Sanei N83/Ampe A85 the easy way

17K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Ngel 
#1 ·
N83 can't be rooted using tools like bin4ary , one click or zhuodashi because exploits used in such tools were patched in last Jelly Bean builds. To root Sanei N83, one has to unpack the original firmware, root it and repack. What I am going to do, is provide the rooted firmware and a simple howto:

1. Download and unpack this archive: Sanei N83 rooted firmware

2. Power off your tablet

3. With volume + and power pressed together, insert quickly the usb cable.

During this step, the screen should be off and the tablet should enter in flash mode. If for some reason the screen lights and the tablet begins the boot sequence, it means it's not in flash mode and you should start again from beginning. You might have to give it a few tries if you don't manage to press both buttons and insert usb cable in time.

Windows will detect new hardware. If the drivers don't automatically install, go to Device Manager, find a device with an exclamation mark, right click, choose update drivers and install drivers from drivers folder inside the archive.

4. With device in flash mode, open rkbatchtool. You should see a green square. If the color is different or you don't see any colored square at all, you either didn't install the correct drivers, or the device isn't in flash mode.

5. Choose rooted_firmware.img and press Upgrade.

6. If all goes well, you should have a Sanei N83 or Ampe A85 with the last rooted firmware.

Note: When I patched the firmware, I forgot to edit build.prop, so the tablet will start in chinese. To switch to english or other language, open setting, scroll down until you see a icon with an A in the left side of the screen, press it. In the right side of the screen choose the first option from top and you should see a list of languages.

Enjoy your rooted N83.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.