Photo

[ROM PAC.22.1.0] Beta PAC-man 4.2.2 (Updated 5/11/13)

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#1 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

Posted Image

Just when you thought things were getting good

Posted Image

Then along comes another great ROM to
put onto that Underdog device we have

Posted Image

Special thanks going out to Team DRH for supplying a AWESOME device-source tree
Special thanks going out to FOSSER2 for his AWESOME work for the KERNEL.
Special thanks going out to the PAC-man Developers for bring all the greats together into one ROM.
Special thanks going out to REDEYEDJEDI for putting up with the Questions I had and will have later.

With all playing aside first things first DISCLAIMER!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Guys had to steal this......
#include <DRH_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Do you know what DRH is?
 * Yes? --> Flash away
 * No?  --> Go back to stock TnT
 */

My DISCLAIMER
Your Warranty is now Voided.
By loading this onto your device you will not hold ME nor any others responsible for what happens if things should go wrong.
If by chance your house, building, or car catches on fire caused by the lightning fast quickness of this ROM. Well you shouldn't
be sitting next to flammable materials then. 8)

Description

Now what is PACman? The idea was to remove the need for a hunt of rom and cure flasholicsm by providing everything xda has in rom development in a single bloat free rom. This is the FIRST rom of its kind with a hybrid framework consisting on cm10.1, AOKP and AOSPA. What makes PACman unique is this perfect blend of all of these. Be informed PACman is not a "git cherry-pick blahblah yeee i am a dev donatezzz me" rom. It took a LOT of work of thinking behind to merge the frameworks in the right order.

Installation Instructions

If coming from any of the New 4.2.2 ROMs one must make sure that both ROM and Gapps are on either internal or external storage before booting into recovery. One must Wipe Data/Factory reset, One Must format /system in the mount and storage option in recovery. Then install ROM and follow it by installing Gapps. The Gapps.zip has been moddified by myself to eliminate the facelock features and also include Gmail 4.2 and the unreleased Playstore 4.0.25 which complements 4.2.2 greatness :clapping: .

You Must be on the New DRH-NVflash.2013 setup
If not follow the instructions here and get it done

Copied from the DRH tread for keeping things the same

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this process, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs. BUT, we will try and help you get out of trouble, but you have to let us know. ;-) Please note that this process WILL DELETE ALL OF THE CURRENT DATA on your gTablet. Be sure to have a reliable Titanium Backup copied to another media.

UPDATED NVFLASH: DRH_NVFlash_Update-2013

:pardon: :pardon: Windows Users Only. :pardon: :pardon:

Make sure your BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED. Push and hold Power button and Volume- (down) keys at same time. The screen should go blank and you will hear an audible connection sound on PC if successful. XP Users - Go to your Control Panel, double-click System, click Hardware tab, and then Device Manager. Windows 7 Users - Go to your Control Panel, click System, select Device Manager link on left window panel. Under USB devices you should see the Nvidia device in the list registered without yellow exclamation mark.
Open the folder created from the zip extraction and find the file 'NVFlash_gTablet.bat' and double-click. A command window will open. Watch the new command window to follow the NVFlash process. You should see partitions being created and partition images installing. If everything completes as designed, the tablet will restart on its own and auto-boot into recovery.
The first thing you will see in the new recovery is 5 errors. Ignore them for now; they are because the cache partition has not been created yet. Scroll down to "advanced" and swipe right (to select). Scroll down to "partition internal storage" and swipe right 3 times. This will set up the NEEDED partition structure for the G-Tablet.
This next part can be done two separate ways:
The first way is via the external sd-card. Make sure your external sd-card is inserted in tablet and then go to "mounts and storage" / "mount usb storage." Take the ROM .ZIP copy that file to the mounted drive. Eject the mounted drive on your computer and back out to the main menu. From there "install zip from sdcard" and then "choose zip from external sdcard." Browse to the location of the rom and launch the install.

###################################################################################################
*******CANNOT CURRENTLY SIDELOAD THIS ROM, ILL WILL TRY TO GET THIS SETUP FOR YOU, OOPS!! *********
###################################################################################################

The second way is via adb sideload (for those that don't have external sd-card). To install, ADB drivers must be installed first. If on Windows 8 follow this thread to reboot with driver signatures disabled. http://tinyurl.com/b2ukmwu If you are on 7 or lower you can enter control panel and right click on Malata/Unknown Device and browse for driver. Select the android_winusb.inf file located in "NEW_NVFLASH/WINDOWS_DRIVERS/ADB." Once the driver is installed it will be available even through rebooting. After the driver is installed in recovery select "install zip from sideload" and wait about 20 seconds before running the "run_me.bat" file. If all goes well you will see the command prompt box "pushing" the rom to the tablet. If the command prompt box goes away very quickly long press power on your tablet to turn it off and boot back into recovery again. Then reselect "install zip from sideload" and attempt it again. When the rom finishes pushing to your tablet it will auto-launch the installer.
After the ROM is installed power off the tablet and go through the initial first boot. It normally takes around 5min for the first boot and about 30 seconds each boot after-the-fact. Remember as always a bake in period always helps as the tablet is still setting itself up and installing apps. Enjoy!

:yahoo: :yahoo: Linux Users Only. :yahoo: :yahoo:

If a script is giving you "access denied" make sure you give it "execute" permissions. You should use the sudo (root) command with the scripts to make sure everything goes correctly.

Make sure your BATTERY IS FULLY CHARGED. Push and hold Power button and Volume- (down) keys at same time. The screen should go blank.
Open the folder created from the zip extraction and find the file 'nvflash_gTablet.sh' and double-click. A command window will open and click run in terminal. When prompted for sudo password enter it. Watch the new command window to follow the NVFlash process. You should see partitions being created and partition images installing. If everything completes as designed, the tablet will restart on its own and auto-boot into recovery.
The first thing you will see in the new recovery is 5 errors. Ignore them for now; they are because the cache partition has not been created yet. Scroll down to "advanced" and swipe right (to select). Scroll down to "partition internal storage" and swipe right 3 times. This will set up the NEEDED partition structure for the G-Tablet.
This next part can be done two separate ways:
The first way is via the external sd-card. Make sure your external sd-card is inserted in tablet and then go to "mounts and storage" / "mount usb storage." Copy the ROM.zip over to the mounted drive. Eject the mounted drive on your computer and back out to the main menu. From there "install zip from sdcard" and then "choose zip from external sdcard." Browse to the location of the rom and launch the install.

*******CANNOT CURRENTLY SIDELOAD THIS ROM, ILL WILL TRY TO GET THIS SETUP FOR YOU, OOPS!! *********

The second way is via adb sideload (for those that don't have external sd-card). To install, ADB drivers must be installed first. In recovery select "install zip from sideload" and wait about 20 seconds before running the "run_me.sh" file. If all goes well you will see the command prompt box "pushing" the rom to the tablet. If the command prompt box goes away very quickly long press power on your tablet to turn it off and boot back into recovery again. Then reselect "install zip from sideload" and attempt it again. When the rom finishes pushing to your tablet it will auto-launch the installer.
After the ROM is installed power off the tablet and go through the initial first boot. It normally takes around 5min for the first boot and about 30 seconds each boot after-the-fact. Remember as always a bake in period always helps as the tablet is still setting itself up and installing apps. Enjoy!

Features Include
Lancher 2 (Built from Source)
SuperUser ((Embedded)) and ((Cooked In))
Expandable Desktop (Disabled on Boot)
PIE controls (Enabled on Expanded Desktop)
Google PacMan game (Come on you know your going to play it)
BUTTER,BUTTER, and more BUTTER.

Change Log......

Kernel Updated with latest Source from fosser2

Source Update to PAC 22.1.0 including
AOSPA Updated to version 3.15 and Framework Changes
done by Team PAC

Built in Memory tweaks done by ME....
Extra init.d scripts and sysctl tweaks
Little Extra UI changes and adjustment.

Dirty Flashers beware.... Backup, Wipe, Format, Install........

Now without further ado I will bring you the Awesome piece of work.
Built from the sources that were available for me to modify and build from.

PAC 22.1.0-4.2.2

Gapps are not included so here is 2 different versions.

Standard (Modded) Gapps

Inverted (Modded) Gapps

I don't normaly ask for Donations and I will not start now, but if you feel the need then it will be greatly appreciated

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by nobe1976, 28 June 2013 - 04:02 PM.

• Miss Dragon and sellfish like this

Posted Image

#2 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

reserved

Tips and Tricks

For HDMI Audio to work follow these instructions.

Go into the Settings/Sounds/Dock Audio and select Dock Insert Sound. Audio should work through the HDMI connection through the Dock port. Confirmed working in this post by User Crunch Post #25

Previous Versions

(Initial Release)

**PAC 4.2.2

Edited by nobe1976, 11 May 2013 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

#3 jz-train

jz-train

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Wow... Another great rom. Thank you devs! I will definately be flashing this one this weekend. When I saw PAC-MAN was installed, I was sold!

Thanks again for breathing new life in our aging tablets!

#4 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well.... here it is. I was wonderin what was goin on. Glad to see you got a releasable build goin finally. By all means dont hesitate to ask if you need anything. THERES SOOO MANY BUTTONS AND SWITCHES!!!
Say it...Say it! "We're gonna need another Timmy!"

#5 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Well.... here it is. I was wonderin what was goin on. Glad to see you got a releasable build goin finally. By all means dont hesitate to ask if you need anything. THERES SOOO MANY BUTTONS AND SWITCHES!!!

Tell me about it. I went through 12 builds just to get it just right for our device. Gesture keyboard is a trip in itself to use but it works great sometimes.

Posted Image

#6 Nash

Nash

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Is there an option to have the regular 10" tablet interface?

Also, is the SoD problem present from the other 4.2 ROMs?

#7 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

Is there an option to have the regular 10" tablet interface?

Also, is the SoD problem present from the other 4.2 ROMs?

This ROM has more options then I can layout. If I put screenshots of them all this tread will be at almost 20+ pages on the first day. AOSPA will handle all the UI features that you need. You will just have to change the dpi and layout to fit it right for you. Preset settings for the interface are only set to TabletUI and StockUI. You can run TabletUI in any dpi settings, I preferred 160 dpi with the layout set to Tablet(1000). Nav. bar at 100% so that when you are not using expanded desktop the softkeys will show up on the left side of the Nav. bar.I

As far as SOD I really haven't had any issues so far. I made some changes in the build source to lower some of the memory kills which I hope that helped it out. I still use my CPU Sleeper app along with SoftLocker, which hold on reboot. These are 2 apps that I would recommended adding onto it. Both are available at the PlayStore.

Attached Files

Edited by nobe1976, 19 April 2013 - 09:59 PM.

Posted Image

#8 redeyedjedi

redeyedjedi

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationMcQueeney,TX

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:43 PM

Hey, I havent flashed this latest yet, but on the prior build you didnt have any presets for the UIs yet. You do know you can copy them from the system/etc/paranoid folder of my rom right?

Also, Im not aware of any tegra2 that can properly use the built in swype keyboard, it wont let you use certain websites without it crashing. If you figured it out, then thats awesome. otherwise Id suggest linking to pershoot's tegra2 modified gapps.

Oh yea, SOD issues are kernel/bin file related...they will exist on all roms for those people who have this issue.

Edited by redeyedjedi, 19 April 2013 - 11:45 PM.

Say it...Say it! "We're gonna need another Timmy!"

#9 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

It does act up every one in a while. Going to play with it and see if i can fix it. The keyboard that is. If people start having issues with it just get something from Google play to use until it gets straighten out.I see issues with it when one starts using backspace and space bar. I found presets in the build that I have been using. There are more options that I will be looking into thanks and I keep you up to date.

Edited by nobe1976, 20 April 2013 - 07:19 AM.

Posted Image

#10 DrexInEffect1

DrexInEffect1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 03:43 PM

So far so good!!! Lets give it a few days and see what this baby can do!!! ;)
Great job!!

#11 Kiteman

Kiteman

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

Flashing now....

#12 jz-train

jz-train

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

Had installed yesterday. Probably used the rom for about an hour now. Rom is pretty speedy and boots fairly quickly. Good call with apex launcher. I too prefer this to trubec. The only thing you may want to change is the enabling of tablet ui within the apex settings. Also I noticed that netflix works but there glitches. Such as when I try to fast forward or change volume while watching a netflix show the netflix UI overlay doesn't come up, so no fast forward (even though the overlay is missing you actually can fast forward but you have to guess where the progress bar is). This may be my fault because I changed the lcd density from 160 to 120. Other that that, I haven't found anything else wrong with this rom. Great job guys. Your hard work is appreciated.

#13 DrexInEffect1

DrexInEffect1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:06 PM

OK now on Day 2 of trying this ROM out and its a fairly good and responsive ROM. I would say the only issues I'm seeing so far are that its a bit slower than some of the other ones I've tried lately but I'm going to reserve judgement right now and assume that its still baking away ;-) Also I'm having intermittent glitches with the keyboard dropping off of the screen in mid type.

#14 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Had installed yesterday. Probably used the rom for about an hour now. Rom is pretty speedy and boots fairly quickly. Good call with apex launcher. I too prefer this to trubec. The only thing you may want to change is the enabling of tablet ui within the apex settings. Also I noticed that netflix works but there glitches. Such as when I try to fast forward or change volume while watching a netflix show the netflix UI overlay doesn't come up, so no fast forward (even though the overlay is missing you actually can fast forward but you have to guess where the progress bar is). This may be my fault because I changed the lcd density from 160 to 120. Other that that, I haven't found anything else wrong with this rom. Great job guys. Your hard work is appreciated.

As far as enabling Tablet UI on Apex one shouldn't have a issue doing so. Just tested it out on mine and enabled just fine through the Apex settings. I would try resetting the LCD density back to 160 and use the PA functions to adjust the apps to fit there needs. I will see what I can squeeze in on a update as far as extra options in the PA settings. Working on a update right now to squeeze and get the most out of the zram to improve stability. Netflix issues I will have to see on the video playback on a different source. I don't subscribe to Netflix, but I have Slingbox. The downfall of that is having to find out on how to enable flash player on 4.2.2. so the app will function right. Thanks in Advance. :good:

Posted Image

#15 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

OK now on Day 2 of trying this ROM out and its a fairly good and responsive ROM. I would say the only issues I'm seeing so far are that its a bit slower than some of the other ones I've tried lately but I'm going to reserve judgement right now and assume that its still baking away ;-) Also I'm having intermittent glitches with the keyboard dropping off of the screen in mid type.

The stock keyboard does have its good days and its bad. The only thing I can suggest is getting a alternate keyboard app from Google Play and use it for right now. The next update will change the stock keyboard out with the one the others are using. The one I have been using right now is the A.I. Tablet Keyboard. It is free on the app store and works great many options including thumb keyboard and theme's. :yahoo:

Posted Image

#16 DrexInEffect1

DrexInEffect1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

The stock keyboard does have its good days and its bad. The only thing I can suggest is getting a alternate keyboard app from Google Play and use it for right now. The next update will change the stock keyboard out with the one the others are using. The one I have been using right now is the A.I. Tablet Keyboard. It is free on the app store and works great many options including thumb keyboard and theme's. :yahoo:

Giving A.I. Tablet Keyboard a try... Thanks

#17 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:03 AM

Another helpful tip. Google Chrome browser setup. After downloading it go into the hybrid setting for the apps. Set Chrome browser to a 160 DPI with a 1.360 layout. Then kick back and enjoy browsing with Chrome.

Posted Image

#18 DrexInEffect1

DrexInEffect1

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:52 AM

Another helpful tip. Google Chrome browser setup. After downloading it go into the hybrid setting for the apps. Set Chrome browser to a 160 DPI with a 1.360 layout. Then kick back and enjoy browsing with Chrome.

And how does one get into the "hybrid setting for the apps"?

#19 nobe1976

nobe1976

Advanced Member

• FW Developer
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

You are gong to access them through the settings menu under the Hybrid properties. Then swipe the screen from left to right and there are all the pa settings.

Edited by nobe1976, 22 April 2013 - 03:09 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Kiteman

Kiteman

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I'm enjoying the ROM immensely. It's fast and with the keyboard replacement using AI it's easy to work with. Only issue I have is that the tab at times does not wake up when pressing the power button, no matter how long I hold the button down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users