Photo

If you are keeping your GT, lets start get something done.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:00 AM

Alright, I am still on the fence now about returning. But if you are going to hold onto your GT, we need to let Augen know we want more. 1. Keep up the emails to support, make them daily emails and supports tickets. Start live chats with support asking when a new update or source is coming out. Augen support says managers see and read emails to support@augenus.com and if they do, they will see want their customers want.2. Lets research and find out a way to contact someone higher in the chain of command at Augen. They are a small company so this should not be hard. If you can email Steve Jobs you should be able to email the CEO of Augen. If we do gain a email address for a person such as the CEO, sent emails need to be in professional manner. I would like to call this a b*tch fest campaign, could achieve greatness, or Augen could be stubborn and ignore us completely. Always worth a shot. This should tell us if Augen is worth buying from again.If you have positive or negative feedback, please share. if you just want to flame this idea, go ahead flamer ;D

#2 livingenzyme

livingenzyme

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:10 AM

Dude, their company consists of 13 people. Flooding them emails of our bitching, pissing, and moaning will only take away their time from doing real work. I'm sure they know their company's life line depends on whether they will continue to *smile this up or not.

#3 martytaylor

martytaylor

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:26 AM

Augen CEO: Daniel Gofman on Facebook:Education and WorkEmployers * Augen Global Sourcing LLCJune 2009 - Present General Manager Shenzhen, Guangdong Global Product Sourcing * Augen Electronics CorporationMay 2005 - Present Chief Operating Officer Hollywood, Florida Electronics Manufacturing and Wholesale DistributionGrad School * H. Wayne Huizenga school of Business and Entrepreneurship '10 Master of Business AdministrationCollege * Nova Southeastern University '09Bachelor of Business Administration Business Administration Minor in Entrepreneurship Minor in MarketingHigh School * Glenbrook South High School '03Edit: COO not CEO

#4 livingenzyme

livingenzyme

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:29 AM

Wait, he graduated high school in 03? Just how the hell old is this guy? 12?

#5 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:01 AM

Augen Electronics Corp (2005) Take a look at this Looks like they're apart of Augen Global Sourcing LLC (2009), Amway World Distributors Corp (2006), S.V Gasoline, and LLC, H2O Mist Inc.These type of business can be started in The State of FL and get away with doing so. This is like a spider web of small business setup on so many of the chain of command their at that run down Office Suite Business Center. Don't need a College degree to open a business in Florida. Just get a business license which anyone can get. Pay some rent at lousy Office store front. 13 people that's about it for this company. I like to know what the heck is a H2O and Gasoline company apart of the company division.

#6 martytaylor

martytaylor

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

Daniel GofmanOwner, AugenMiami/Fort Lauderdale AreaFrom Radaris People Searchhttp://frame.radaris...sqQfcOrc??rc//T

#7 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:26 AM

LMAO, I did not mean to stalk the poor guy.

#8 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

Yeah... I don't know if you guys have a mod over here, but I sort of watch a little... let's not use this site as a springboard to an internet hate crime, ok?[EDIT]That's joking way of making a serious point...[EDIT]

#9 stu

stu

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:47 AM

We can hassle them all we want with support calls, but in case you haven't noticed they are ignoring them these days. Someone could start a class action suit. The company officers were clueless enough to start making promises that they had no idea if they could keep or not. I'm pretty sure we'll never see the kernel or 2.5mm headphones.The other option is to get the press involved again. One of Augen's biggest problems is they actually made national news and started believing it. We could petition CNN to do a follow-up. The story would have everything from pirated software, terrible tech support, and all the broken promises from a bunch of guys out to make a quick buck who never really researched what is really needed and is legal to do.Besides, Dan Gofman graduated high school in 03 and college in 09. Nothing like someone with a 6 year plan for a bachelors degree to inspire confidence.

#10 mindwave

mindwave

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

I will admit that whats on the box doesnt 100% match whats in the box, but then how often at kmart walmart or any OTHER mart now a days is that 100% accurate?But so far everything that I have needed my augen to do it DOES. It also FINALLY forced me to resole a networking issue Ive had in my house for 2 years.but the real question here is Whats the big deal?I dont want them to abandon the GT, as so many other companies have done with their Gen1 tablets (FC) but how is anything thats been opsted here sso far going to help acheive this?I'm not a 'programmer' so I'm pretty useless in the development side, but with as many of these tablets as have been sold, surely LINC wasnt the only one with talent out there? and if he was I;d say we all owe him a HUGE thanks for helping us get as far as we are!

#11 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:35 AM

Check your LCD Panel for back-light bleeding. Everyone has the same issue. If you look at he lower bottom and tilt it you can see what I mean. The plastic doesn't stick to the frame around the LCD as it should But the brightness from that frame is way to bright on a LCD Panel. Not suppose to look like that. If that was your Computer Monitor or LCD HDTV panel would you live with that defect? If you don't have this issue, don't worry about it.

#12 cutterjohn

cutterjohn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

...more often than you seem to think. My Sony PRS-505 box matched what I got in it(LOTS of details on it). My MSI nb box matched what I got in it(fewer details printed on the packaging, but the stickon prod info/mfg matched).The package of bratwursts that I bought matched what was inside.etc.Anyways point being there's not a whole helluvalot that can be done with this thing w/o some kernel source, and the window of exchange opportunity is quickly closing making hacking all that more difficult as they apparently brick themselves once in a while anyways, or at least force a re-install of the fw.Looks from the PDN forum that sifon187 picked himself up a WHITE PDN today. Not a bad choice for hacking, but I REALLY want accelerated 3D too... which seems only the Archos has ATM...@tipstiryep noticed it last night because the GT was bugging the crap out of me while I was trying to use it as a reader, so I looked and saw two corners where the CFL tube must be not completely closed off allowing bleed... Must've been holding it at a slightly different angle last night as I never really noticed it before, but OTOH I really haven't been using it all that much... final straw for me though.

#13 lawman

lawman

Advanced Member

• Global Moderators
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

I believe the PDN chip can support accelerated 3d, but we need the drivers and source. We're working on it.

#14 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

I did pick up the PDN, at the exact price as the augen. I had a nice chat w/ the kmart electronics guy. He noticed I had left the custom rom and said he had to remove it. What is sad is the GT has alot of potential and Augen is not making any effort to improve it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

[quote name='sifon187;62336]I did pick up the PDN' date=' at the exact price as the augen. I had a nice chat w/ the kmart electronics guy. He noticed I had left the custom rom and said he had to remove it. What is sad is the GT has alot of potential and Augen is not making any effort to improve it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE'] It does, but they needed to recall all that were sold in August 2010 and give new ones out with better panels and fix the glitches. But it's too late for most here have ditch the unit back to kmart. You like PDN.

#16 sifon187

sifon187

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:52 PM

For the price, it is a very decent device. It is missing the same features like the GT did (no usb hosting, mic, camera) but it was meant to be a eReader not a tablet.) The screen responds w/o having to jab it with your finger. Same battle is going on with source code, but much has been done w/o it. I am going to write up a comparison of the GT vs. PDN per request of cutterjohn tomorrow.

#17 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:26 AM

Good do that.WPDN @ Wallgreens have this for $149 bucks with $10 dollar rebate + $10 if you order it online so that's $139! But I hate to return anything like this back to them. If something goes wrong with it?

#18 DirgeZero

DirgeZero

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

http://www.facebook....6302340&sk=info

there is the COO with his childish Facebook.! I am currently in process of getting his personal email. and business email and all phone numbers, i will not release any more personal info than what is needed to reach him at his offices and other business contacts. should be back within a few days with what ever else is needed.

#19 ithamar

ithamar

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAlmere, Netherlands

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:46 PM

Alright, I am still on the fence now about returning. But if you are going to hold onto your GT, we need to let Augen know we want more. 1. Keep up the emails to support, make them daily emails and supports tickets. Start live chats with support asking when a new update or source is coming out. Augen support says managers see and read emails to support@augenus.com and if they do, they will see want their customers want.2. Lets research and find out a way to contact someone higher in the chain of command at Augen. They are a small company so this should not be hard. If you can email Steve Jobs you should be able to email the CEO of Augen. If we do gain a email address for a person such as the CEO, sent emails need to be in professional manner. I would like to call this a b*tch fest campaign, could achieve greatness, or Augen could be stubborn and ignore us completely. Always worth a shot. This should tell us if Augen is worth buying from again.If you have positive or negative feedback, please share. if you just want to flame this idea, go ahead flamer ;D

I'm actually in the process of creating a clean kernel build (currently a 2.6.39 build, ready for Gingerbread and later) based on the Telechips GPL source code. Through disassembly of the original GT kernel, I'm able to figure out the hardware details not included in the Telechips kernel. Once this is working, I'll post it on github for further development. It is already booting, just no NAND/display/touchscreen drivers yet, need to update them for this newer kernel.

Will keep you guys informed!

#20 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 03:28 PM

looking forward to it. glad to see this tablet is still making waves
Are you lost, Follow us on Twitter
http://twitter.com/slatedroid
C8+/Hp Touchpad/Galaxy Tab/
http://androidtabletfirmware.net