BUYaDROID FEEDBACK Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#41 elw444

elw444

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:46 AM

Just ordered myself a G11, help from Jim has been great so far! Will post my thoughts on it once I have received it and tested it out.

#42 kpowr82

kpowr82

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:18 PM

[quote name='samteee;80015]kpowr82' date=' I don't understand when you say "After removing setCPU this tablet has new life!". You rooted it and then install setCPU. After that you uninstall it and everything better, right?Thank for the review.Please forgive my English. If it seem to be rude or disrespect, please understand it is not my intention.[/QUOTE'] Well, setCPU did not recognize the kernel for the xpad 701 (or I just didn't do something right) but the max processor speed was only 528mhz. I couldn't set it to the proper 720mhz. After uninstalling setCPU I believe that cap was lifted and I was running at the full 720mhz like intended.I'm actually going to install setCPU again and then run SystemMonitor to determine if the CPU actually is being capped at 528mhz.

#43 Cod2lord

Cod2lord

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

Hey,I got my gii-SENSE yesterday. And i must say i'm really impressed. The delivery was a bit of a pain but that was the fault of UPS. James is an amazing guy, Who really care's about his costumers. And tries everyting when something doesn't work out the way he/the costumer wants it ... I'm still amazed about the help and understanding i got from James. Let me say this you won't find a helpfull guy like this at most of the store's/shops who sell tablets thats for sure.If i'd buy another Tablet i'll be going back for sure.Thx for everything James, And i'll hope your store will be running like crazy !Cod2lord

#44 Limma

Limma

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

I received yesterday the 10" BAD PAD. Less than a week from HK to my home in Italy! This tablet is my first Android device and I need some time (maybe a lot of...) to get used with it.Today James wrote here and on his web store that this tablet will be replaced by a new model... I hope there will be some firmware update for the BAD PAD.Many thanks to James, of course!Maybe I will post some comment about this tablet.

#45 Gee

Gee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 02:00 PM

Got my BadPad today - precisely 7 days prom recieving a confirmation from James.Everything went just as I could wish for: quick, without any unnecesary delays and in a good atmosphere - even during James' PayPal problems I wasn't afraid about my money. I don't regret my choice :)

#46 Mp4

Mp4

Admin Ninja

• Administrators
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:04 PM

here is my unboxing and quick review of the Bad-Pad

#47 just55

just55

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

what are the spk's of the bad pad. is it android 2.2

#48 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

ah, not only china loves ya mike (grin)thanks, now I want one toomaybe i have to double check supplies (I hear a rumor of the same unit elsewhere, so don't give up yet folks, i may have BADpad again... and yes, oinly because im greedy and want one now)on a serious not -- the 3 BUTTONS on the front (lock etc..) they ARE the Android buttons - they double for the Home, Menu and ReturnThanks ! Glad these are coming aroundIF YOU DONT HAVE A TRACKING NUMBER.... well, you might actually get your unit first... this supplier was horrible with Tracking, and actually Paypal & I had the supplier Shipping history Checked and Verified, so it's all good.Thanks

#49 Gee

Gee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

that's strange - my one has a circle instead of unlock sign by upper button, I have beach as a wallpaper (UPDATE: stupid me, I have that wall paper in my options, they only set different)) and a LOT less appsfrom details I have black USB cables ...two suppliers?

#50 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:02 PM

Gee, please email me a good front photo please buyadroid@gmail.comi want to be sure you got the right productjames

#51 Limma

Limma

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:39 AM

[quote name='Gee;83004]that's strange - my one has a circle instead of unlock sign by upper button' date=' and a LOT less apps ...two suppliers?[/QUOTE']Exactly the same for me!But I have two white cable

#52 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

Hi.. I asked... there were TWO DIFFERENT TOP HALVES and TWO DIFFERENT CUSTOMIZERS working on these.ONE UNIT had the circle icon, THE OTHER had the LOCK. Both work the sameONE Customized the unit with one look and apps, and the OTHER did it a little different.Accessories I think they reach in the bin and pull out whatever colors are there (grin).Hope that sorts it out a little.Thanksjim

#53 mdarscott

mdarscott

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:50 PM

Flypad feedbackJust received my Flypad from BuyADroid. Here are my first impressions.James & BuyadroidJames called me by phone to follow up. He really is there for us helping us make this happen. Great work, James!ShippingCame FedEx in 7 days, exactly when FedEx said it would arrive. Excellent.DutiesPaid $19.88 Canadian duties :(Important: Do not flash a new rom - read here http://www.slatedroi....html#post84474ProductOK, confession time, I have been using an iPhone 3G for the last 2 years and I'm a little spoiled. Keep it in mind when you read my comments.* Screen: not as responsive as an iPhone, but you get used to it fast.* Battery: I am getting terrible battery life - about an hour WITH wifi turned off. Charges again fast but then discharges fast.* Market: not the Google market but something called App Market - not much there. On the other hand it has a package manager that makes it really easy to install third party apps.* TouTube: not working.* Wifi: no problems.* Email, Internet surfing, Google Maps, etc. all working well. Haven't figured out how to sync my Google contacts and calendar yet.My favourite use so far is reading books with Aldiko. If this was all the flypad did it was worth the money just for that. Apart from that I'm having fun playing around with the thing. I am firmly convinced that this format is the coming thing - but with this kind of battery life, maybe not this specific model.

#54 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

Thanks mate--- but check out the ad page, I warn that you NEED custom firmware to make Market + Youtube etc... work. They come with Appstore and EMAIL (email can be configured to automatically fetch your gmail too !)Via only goes so far but is a great basic Tablet as an EReader that can go online and watch movies.Kindest !!

#55 thegymp

thegymp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:27 AM

Hey All,Picked up my Badpad today from the fedex depot. Shipping is great via fedex to Canberra Australia.Charging up the unit at the moment but cosmetically everything looks perfect. Screen protector and mask are already on unit.Nice wetsuit material baggy for traveling with it. Some earbud headphones, 2 microusb cables and a AC charger with Australian converter.Not sure how long to let it first charge for so am going with 12 hours and will try it in the morning. The manual is an absolute crackup with the engrish in it ;)Once charged will post some pictures and host em on twitpic or somethingCheers and Beers,Gymp

#56 Gee

Gee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:51 AM

Hey you ",There's really no need to charge batt for so long - it's Li-Poly, not NiMh, so there's no memory effect, and electronict's won't let you overcharge it. It will simply start charging once battery indicate self as full. And it's full when this red led light close to power button is gone (but yoy can also powet unit up right now - mine came with battery at 60%).g.

#57 Limma

Limma

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:09 AM

[quote name='Gee;85021]Hey you "' date='There's really no need to charge batt for so long - it's Li-Poly, not NiMh, so there's no memory effect, and electronict's won't let you overcharge it. It will simply start charging once battery indicate self as full. And it's full when this red led light close to power button is gone (but yoy can also powet unit up right now - mine came with battery at 60%).g.[/QUOTE']Hi Gee,are you saying that your BAD PAD has some led lights showing if teh battery is in charge or not?My BAD PAD has no red and/or green led lights!

#58 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

Regardless of battery type, it's been proven the Battery Meter in the OS actually calibrates better when you charge for 10 hours, drain and do again.It's not so much about battery ability, as it is how well the software reads the battery.Charge lights. I'm not sure how they work on the Badpad, just make sure the charger is working and making contact.Some units (badpad or not) always show a color, some don't.... I think my G11 was sometimes showing, sometimes not.Ps- if you're going to ask tech questions outside the Support Page, please put a BOLD TOPIC at the start to separate it for people trying to find just Feedback .Kindest,jim

#59 Gee

Gee

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

[quote name='Limma;85055]Hi Gee' date='are you saying that your BAD PAD has some led lights showing if teh battery is in charge or not?My BAD PAD has no red and/or green led lights![/QUOTE']Yes, I do. Red LED sits behind bezel berween power and circle buttons (headphones jack input height). You couldn't miss it it you had it.Posted Image [quote name='jimgb07;85131]Regardless of battery type' date=' it's been proven the Battery Meter in the OS actually calibrates better when you charge for 10 hours, drain and do again.It's not so much about battery ability, as it is how well the software reads the battery.[/QUOTE']Interesting ...never heard of that. I try to form battery next two days and check if bettery life improves.[QUOTE]Ps- if you're going to ask tech questions outside the Support Page, please put a BOLD TOPIC at the start to separate it for people trying to find just Feedback[/QUOTE]I started this, my bad - should wrote PM, not here ...it was just much easier witch quick reply, no extra clicking and that stuff. =) I try not to be so lazy next time, scout's word!

#60 eriel.ramos

eriel.ramos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:42 PM

Ordered a BADPad last week. James was very helpful in facilitating shipping glitches, and was always very responsive.Got the unit today (as scheduled) and up to now (knock on wood!) it's very satisfying. However, I WILL need support, so I'm glad there's a community here.Good prices, great service, won't hesitate to buy again and recommend.