#1 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

FEEDBACK THREAD

If you have Purchased through my store, PLEASE feel free to leave Feedback, or ask Questions if you need.Some information others might find useful include:
  • What you bought
  • The buying experience
  • How Long it took
  • What Country it shipped to (I ship to almost Everywhere for no extra cost- Fedex)
  • Condition of items received
  • Communication
  • Would you Recommend
Hope everyone enjoys their time at BUYaDROID !I would ask, Please Title the Start of your Post either FEEDBACK or QUESTION to help keep the thread easy for users to navigate.Thanks !UNDERSTANDING TRACKING NUMBERS -- Please understand there are 2 Methods of Shipping in China.1. Courier Direct Pickup from the Supplier -smooth, 1-2 day processing, Working Tracking Number provided within 2 days, and2. Forwarder Service - The Supplier gets us a lower price by using a popular Forwarder to get the package to the Courier HK Hub. There is Only a REFERENCE Number (which does not work in Online tracking) until the package is Physically in Hong Kong, processed and Scanned in. Delivery is the same Fast time -- but you Receiving a Tracking Number takes Days.Please understand that process. My experience has been the newer the unit, I must use Option #2 so Tracking Numbers take Days to get Verified and set to you. STILL Same Fast Shipping though.

#2 mataglap

mataglap

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:42 PM

QUESTIONHey Jim -- I paypal'ed/ordered a Haipad-HD from your site Monday evening. Should I expect an acknowledgment email or anything from you, or will the thing just show up at some point? Maybe a better question is, what's the timeline between paying for a device and getting it? When do you forward the order to your supplier, when do they ship it, &c,?Cheers!

#3 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

ANSWERHi, this is James. First, I need your actual Name so I can check.But for the Record... as soon as you order I EMAIL you Directly with a thank you and MID confirmation.I supply shipping information including delivery estimation, and even let you know how soon the recent orders have been delivered.I provide this through my BUYaDROID email where all confirmations are stored.You ordered on my Birthday and there were a few similar orders.After checking I am terribly sorry -- your MID CONFIRMATION email was not sent out with the rest. However, as I have just emailed to you, your order was placed and you will receive a Tracking number shortly !(As soon as my Suplier comes back from Autumn Festival Holiday)Thanks kindly for the heads-up !PS----- After MIDs are received, Feedback would be appreciated 8)KindestJamesUPDATE: Please check your email --- FEDEX TRACKING # Sent -- thank you.

#4 mataglap

mataglap

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

FeedbackAh, I understand, no problems then! And I've worked with folks in China before, I get how the holidays there are. There's one that's like two weeks long and nothing happens at all until they come back. :) Frustrating from an instant-gratification-American-mindset, but vive la différence!update: WednesdayAnd I've received the tracking number, showing an ETA of Monday, looking forward to it!Thanks for staying on top of this!update: FridayAnd an amusing side-effect of the kind of shipping James uses is watching the tracking, there's a new location showing up almost every time I check: Shenzen, Guangzhou, Sennan-Shi, Anchorage, Oakland, San Diego. The combination of shipping speed and distance traveled works out to something a bit more interesting than origin city - destination city.Looks like I'll have it in a few hours. Ordered late Monday night, received Friday before lunch. From China via Canada. Welcome to the future. Where's my flying car?update: SaturdayI'm quite pleased with my purchase. I didn't even know of this (or any) forum until last weekend when I started researching android tablets, and was rather overwhelmed by all the different names, vendors, and uncertainty about hardware & software quality, reliability of the shipper, comparing everyone's different prices and shipping options, &c.Other than not getting an email acknowledging my purchase (sorry James, it's only fair to say so -- and it's also only fair to say that he processed the order immediately so there was NO actual delay), the entire experience with BUYaDROID has been perfect. The upfront total cost just makes the most annoying part of buying a Chines tablet simple. The shipping was FedEx with their excellent tracking.My only regret is not waiting a week for X701, even after a day it's clear that having the "back," "menu," and "home" buttons on the front and full sized would be a little more convenient than the ones on the Haipad-HD, but ya know, really, every couple of weeks there's going to be something better anyway. :)Some post-sales questions if anyone can point me towards the right answer...1. What's the proper forum to discuss the Haipad-HD in?2. What other tablet's instructions should I follow to root the thing?3. Any tips about getting a DC (car) adapter and/or second wall warts for charging?I'm glad to answer any questions about the specific device or my experiences with BUYaDROID.Cheers!--N

#5 jbowen

jbowen

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:59 PM

I'd just like to put my feedback out there as I bought a zt180 from BUYaDROID on the 11th, and I received it yesterday (the 21st, damned fast for it being ripped open in customs, ahhhh China).I've got nothing but great things to say about my experience, not only was it totally painless, but James kept in constant contact on the status and when to expect it. It's great buying from somebody you know you can trust! I wholeheartedly recommend if anyone is looking to buy an Android tablet, check if BUYaDROID has it and buy it through there!:cool:

#6 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

Jim I think everyone who is considering buying a tablet from you will find this thread very helpful !

#7 gundu

gundu

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

What I bought : G11 (X5A)The buying experience : Excellent, James updated me all the time. How Long it took : 10 -12 Days (including 2 week ends)What Country it shipped to (I ship to almost Everywhere for no extra cost- Fedex) : USCondition of items received : The box was open (guess for custom inspection) otherwise everything was in good shape.Communication : James updated me all the times. Got quick tracking number and it worked on first attempt.Would you Recommend : Of course. Planning one more for my family. Overall : I am much satified.

#8 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

ANSWER to gunduThank you friend. He's a Trooper ! He got hit with both a Stock-Sold-Out and a China-wide Customs Hold.And still pleasant (grin) Did manage get get the supplier to give an upgrade, but did take a few extra days.Thank you again for being understanding.James

#9 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Stock-Sold-Out and a China-wide Customs Hold.

Talk about a double wammy :) And I didnt even notice this is my 1,000 posts, WOW I really need to get out more :)

#10 mataglap

mataglap

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:03 PM

I've posted updates to my post (#4) about the whole experience of buying a tablet from BUYaDROID. (And asked a few questions, so, you know, thread bump.)

#11 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:51 PM

Hi... PLEASE ASK PRODUCT QUESTIONS ON THE STORE THREAD OR IN THE GENERAL FORUM.... just to keep the Feedback section organized 8) I am sending you (mataglap) a PM to help ya. Thanks

#12 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 27 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

Doing some Webstore and Email Cut & Paste to show some feedback (seem to get it in email, not posted in the threads...drat!)J.L. Schlegel said... Just received my MID701 and am having loads of fun with it. Quick delivery even with the Chinese govt inspection. Everything was as described and and James went above and beyond to grab me one of the last devices available. He also kept me informed at the process of my order. Thanks for all your attention, James. September 21, 2010 4:19 PM

#13 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 27 September 2010 - 07:00 PM

J.S from FL, USA"I have it! So far so good. Booted up and I am learning how to get around now. Already tossed some videos out there and waiting to test them.Thanks so much for your services, JAmes."G.K from NY, USA"Hi. ...got my telepad in good shape yesterday . ..thanks for ur help. Will buy one more soon"J.B from NE, USA"I got it today and have been having fun getting it all setup this evening. A little over a week shipping from China is not an unexpected thing at all (if only everything i've bought from there was that quick).Personally, it was a very pleasant and enjoyable buying experience for me, and if you want me to make a post or anything expressing that just let me know.Thanks again!!"

#14 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

CUT & PASTE FROM WEBSTORE:Chris said... "Ordered an X5A on September 17, unit arrived in Canada from China on September 23rd. Well packaged everything shipped intact and ready to roll, screen protector got a bit bent but that was it, unit worked right out of the box as expected. Thanks" September 28, 2010 8:32 PM

#15 dkelewae

dkelewae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

Just received xpad 701. It worked all of ten minutes. Now won't power up. Power button feels loose. Going back. What a disappointment.

#16 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

You just emailed me DK.. you have to let a person fix things mate. I told you what to check, to give it a charge, etc.... No other bad units listed currently.... and I told you I will correct it... You need to give a person more than 2 minutes, literally...James

#17 HotShotAzn

HotShotAzn

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:23 PM

I would highly recommend buying a tablet from James and his store. He is wonderful at communication and will answer your questions within hours.He has fast shipping (one week) and great prices. My next tablet will be from BuyADroid.

#18 dkelewae

dkelewae

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:34 PM

[quote name='jimgb07;70733]You just emailed me DK.. you have to let a person fix things mate. I told you what to check' date=' to give it a charge, etc.... No other bad units listed currently.... and I told you I will correct it... You need to give a person more than 2 minutes, literally...James[/QUOTE']I deleted the review in three minutes mate. Let me play with this more. It definitely has some issues. But I will withold review until I have more time to play with it.

#19 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

@dk -- I see you got the power working -- many times these come battery almost empty... Really you need to charge them 10 hours before you turn them on (that's what I do)-- although I know, you wait a week, you want to see it. But trust me, there's a reason behind the madness. Some bugginess can be corrected... like some memory cards saying corrupted.. well, maybe the card is, or it doesn't like the connection pins, etc... You'll find most things are easily seen to, just hit me up in email.... Then if you hate me (grin) you know where to post.Kindest,@Hot~ Thanks mate !

#20 MapleLeaf Tablets

MapleLeaf Tablets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

CUT & PASTE FROM WEBSITE:(E900)Anonymous said... Jim thanks for the good experience and all the help you gave me. You must have the fastest shipping from China. It only took 5 days from the time I ordered it to having it in my hand. I noticed you stop carrying the Win CE tablet I order. Have not had much time to play with it but it looks like it is going to be more than I expected and at a very good price too. Once again thanks for all your help and time in helping me get this unit. JJ October 4, 2010 5:22 PM