122 replies to this topic

#41 Roger Calver

Roger Calver

Firmware Dev

• Global Moderators
  • 2,737 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:39 PM

Can you post of image of what you mean. I don't see this and maybe because I am using Home++

Im just using the default home app and will be installing AWD Launcher soon so I will check again.

#42 Freekers

Freekers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

i don't plan it for a while - more things i want to fix/include and test.i think better is ask HidePerso or Roger Calver to build another custom rom

Ok thanks for your reply.A while, is that in terms of days or weeks/months ?Thanks :)

#43 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:52 PM

Im just using the default home app and will be installing AWD Launcher soon so I will check again.

Okay this is just the HomePosted ImageSome icons text are in Chinese

#44 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Funny Pandora 1.3 worked fine under 1.988_2 and 3 now on this one it doesn't work?Btw charging reads 71% from the 50%.

#45 VladZaitsev

VladZaitsev

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:53 PM

You don't have to reflash just go into settings + manage applications + setCpu + clear the dataYour good to go again. Kernel is locked downI've made a SetCPU.txt for this device but it's reading from the root though.Max FREQ is 387MHz (default is 350MHz) but for speed we loose on the batter is always at 50%

I am tryed clear - but no ways... setCPu crashed on speen change and on "ondamand" profile selection

#46 Freekers

Freekers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

I am tryed clear - but no ways... setCPu crashed on speen change and on "ondamand" profile selection

Same here, please help !! SetCPU keeps crashing on speed changes or changes in profile...I have already cleared the data and tried again but it keeps crashing...Hope someone can help :D Thanks

#47 VladZaitsev

VladZaitsev

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:02 PM

[quote name='Freekers;61647]Same here' date=' please help !! SetCPU keeps crashing on speed changes or changes in profile...I have already cleared the data and tried again but it keeps crashing...[/QUOTE'] I just downgrade setCPU to 2.02 and seems that it stop crashing.HoTo: (use adb)Connect to device1. download old version from device (may skip this if not need backup): adb pull /system/app/setcpu_2.03.apk2. delete app from /system/app/ folder on device (use "adb shell" command ) type: rm /system/app/setcpu_2.03.apk3. install 2.02 app: adb install ./setcpu_2.02.apkThats works for me (not very strait way)Or you can use connectBot1. download 2.02 version to sd-card2. Open ConnectBot and use "local" to login into system3. type "su" than enter - wait for SuperUser app to confirm root acces4. type "rm /system/app/setcpu_2.03.apk" than enter5. Install 2.02 from sd-card-note: do not type quotes This may work (not tested)P.S. I had tested video playback - and yes, setCPU is work (but ondemand prifile not usable - too slow reaction to user actions)

#48 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

I just used advanced task killer pro to kill it also Then I can use it again

#49 VladZaitsev

VladZaitsev

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:26 PM

I just used advanced task killer pro to kill it also Then I can use it again

The problem not in "use again" : I cant use it even once - 2.03 crashed (erasings data, ATK etc no solve problem)And 2.02 run OK without task killers and dancing with buben :-).

#50 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

[quote name='VladZaitsev;61710]The problem not in "use again" : I cant use it even once - 2.03 crashed (erasings data' date=' ATK etc no solve problem)And 2.02 run OK without task killers and dancing with buben :-).[/QUOTE'] I only got the one TK running. So were you able to push beyond 350 to 387MHz?

#51 german_psycho

german_psycho

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:35 PM

Hmmz, at the moment I have the 1.9.88, 0.3k running. I am somewhat satisfied with this version, my main complaint is the short battery runtime. So, at this stage of development, should I update to 1.9.1? What are the benefits. Okay, it seems to be running faster, but I think this wouldn't be good for the power consumption, or?

#52 VladZaitsev

VladZaitsev

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

I only got the one TK running. So were you able to push beyond 350 to 387MHz?

Yes. setCPU show 387Mhz. ANd video playback some got smoosing (however not very big).

#53 Freekers

Freekers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:53 PM

[quote name='VladZaitsev;61683]I just downgrade setCPU to 2.02 and seems that it stop crashing.Or you can use connectBot1. download 2.02 version to sd-card2. Open ConnectBot and use "local" to login into system3. type "su" than enter - wait for SuperUser app to confirm root acces4. type "rm /system/app/setcpu_2.03.apk" than enter5. Install 2.02 from sd-card-note: do not type quotes This may work (not tested)P.S. I had tested video playback - and yes' date=' setCPU is work (but ondemand prifile not usable - too slow reaction to user actions)[/QUOTE']You are my hero !! Installing the old version of setCPU (version 2.02) solved my problem too ! I used your ConnectBot method and it works ! I can now set the CPU speed to 387Mhz without problems. The app does not crash or hang and I can use the profiles too... Which on is the best BTW ? I guess performance ?Anyway, I now have an overall score of 410 in CaffeineMark !! (on 350Mhz it was 382).However.... Video playback is smoother, BUT Audio Sync is way off.. the audio is faster than the movie, so the audio is way of sync, like 5 seconds... I also have this when I have the CPU clocked to 350Mhz so the overclock to 387Mhz isn't the problem.. Any ideas ? [quote name='tipstir;61718]So were you able to push beyond 350 to 387MHz?[/QUOTE]No' date=' 387Mhz is the max, because1. It is the max stored 'overclock value' which can be used by setCPU because it's the highest value in the /sysrem/sd/setcpu.txt file..2. 'projectgus', 'inventor' of this overclock, set it as the max in the kernel so altering the setcpu.txt file with higher values than 387Mhz won't wok. [QUOTE=german_psycho;61722']Hmmz, at the moment I have the 1.9.88, 0.3k running. I am somewhat satisfied with this version, my main complaint is the short battery runtime. So, at this stage of development, should I update to 1.9.1? What are the benefits. Okay, it seems to be running faster, but I think this wouldn't be good for the power consumption, or?[/QUOTE] I was having the same thoughts as you, but I switched to this ROM anyway because I think speed is more important than batterylife in my opinion.Also, have a look at the power consumption with this overclocked kernel.. It doesn't use that much more than the normal clocked kernel:http://www.slatedroi...ck-enabled.html

#54 VladZaitsev

VladZaitsev

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

H What are the benefits. ?

setCPU allow you to setup 387 CPU freq (some performance).And some more strange.I just convert video and leave original file on SD. I try to play this original file on 1.9.1 - and it worked.So I downgrade to 1.9_88.03 and this file not work.Upgrade to 1.9.1 - OK - it palyed with statndart playerKMPlayer show Xvid as codec 512x304 ... and playback acceptable with 387Mhz... Here screenshort from my desktop with this file in KMPlayer. I can play it in 1.9.1 and can not in 1.9_88 all editions...

#55 Freekers

Freekers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

I just convert video and leave original file on SD. I try to play this original file on 1.9.1 - and it worked.So I downgrade to 1.9_88.03 and this file not work.Upgrade to 1.9.1 - OK - it palyed with statndart playerKMPlayer show Xvid as codec 512x304 ... and playback acceptable with 387Mhz... Here screenshort from my desktop with this file in KMPlayer. I can play it in 1.9.1 and can not in 1.9_88 all editions...

Is the audio synchronized well ? Or is it off sync ?

#56 VladZaitsev

VladZaitsev

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:05 PM

Which on is the best BTW http://www.slatedroi...ck-enabled.html

As mentioned in kernel-cpu-frequency-scaling-overclock-enabled - power consumption very slightly increased with 387 Mhz (good news) but not decreased at lower freqs (bad news). As I understand the battery life prolonged only with low cpu speed in standby mode. I hope that hibernate will return to this ROM so this will be no problem to hibernate rather than stand-by. So I think that 387Mhz is optimal variant. May-by I will play with profiles (Screen-off and 50MHz is the first candidate).

#57 VladZaitsev

VladZaitsev

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

I dont know. Audio is bad in source, so I cant check....

#58 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:10 PM

Okay mine is set to 387MHz cool! I didn't have to all what you had shown to get this way. I just installed over the old one! Funny I couldn't get SetCPU2.02 to install from via USB link. I had to pull out the 16GB and stick that into the netbook then dump the file into the folder. Then install it over the prior. It tells me I can get 400MHz, but the max is 533MHz on this CPU.Oh yes battery is back to 100% charged! I think one of ROM apps was eating at the battery.

#59 Freekers

Freekers

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

[quote name='tipstir;61748]Okay mine is set to 387MHz cool! I didn't have to all what you had shown to get this way. I just installed over the old one! Funny I couldn't get SetCPU2.02 to install from via USB link. I had to pull out the 16GB and stick that into the netbook then dump the file into the folder. Then install it over the prior. It tells me I can get 400MHz' date=' but the max is 533MHz on this CPU.Oh yes battery is back to 100% charged! I think one of ROM apps was eating at the battery.[/QUOTE']Hmm, what does it do when you set it to 400Mhz ?Could you do me a favor and play a movie file and see if the audio is still synchronized with the picture ?Thanks !

#60 tipstir

tipstir

Plagerist

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Coo!! I've reboot the device,Cachemate Pro set user accessMysettings full set user accessmemory lite set user accesssetCPU set user access387MHz